• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

The "BRAKE" warning definitely looks out of place. It's actually distracting more than anything else. I assume it's, like other things, an assist, but they never added the option to turn it off.

On that note, I think the game should definitely give people all these options and, as you progress, the assists start to naturally have their impact reduced or switch off to make the jump progressive rather than on or off.

coiler

Anyone playing on an LG B6? The setups from DF and AVforums are a bit to dark for me and when i go more than 50 on brightens I get banding on the replays black stripes and so on. It may be a problem with the game thou.

Anyone playing on an LG B6? The setups from DF and AVforums are a bit to dark for me and when i go more than 50 on brightens I get banding on the replays black stripes and so on. It may be a problem with the game thou.

Maybe make the game brighter from the display options from the main menu (the "EV" setting) instead of the TV or find a good mix between both.

But good to see that you can talk without insulting people on some forums ;)

coiler

No worries mate I'm a nice guy actually ;) Just don't like that PD tyres to pull its shit again and people are still defending them.

Sebmugi

170507080629721679.png

170507080623752750.png

170507080628802101.png

coiler

Willow springs is still a mess. The whole leader board is a joke with guys cutting the last sweep. And they are brave enough to do it in race too.

And the mess with the starting grid listing introduced with 1.05.

Is it me or is the sportsmanship worse after the update? I think the numbers were a clearer indication of punishment rather than your letter going red after a race - I got taken out twice on damn straights on the ring today in the same race - both times the people in question didn't want to be overtaken and just side swiped me off the track when I got level - and this was a SR rating of B so god knows what the lower ranked races are like. At the end one of the culprits got demoted to C (but finished 3rd) but the other got a red B as did I for leaving the track... I finished 15th having been taken out whilst passing 4th place...

coiler

Is it me or is the sportsmanship worse after the update? I think the numbers were a clearer indication of punishment rather than your letter going red after a race - I got taken out twice on damn straights on the ring today in the same race - both times the people in question didn't want to be overtaken and just side swiped me off the track when I got level - and this was a SR rating of B so god knows what the lower ranked races are like. At the end one of the culprits got demoted to C (but finished 3rd) but the other got a red B as did I for leaving the track... I finished 15th having been taken out whilst passing 4th place...

With just two slips at the Ring and the rest in green I ended up with the same points, with three I got an downgrade.

Putty

Fingers crossed they're just experimenting with a few different ways of calculating....and that they keep reading the feedback...

Unknown?

Willow Springs in this makes the Project CARS version look last gen! Heck other than being more crisp I thought their version was bad compared to even GT6!

Patrick S.

Banned
I was excited to return to Willow Springs in pCARS for an AI race the other day, and I thought it looked like a completely different track than PD's, especially due to worse lightning and flat and muddy ground textures. It's better at night, where you don't notice it as much.

Patrick S.

Banned
Second time now that I do the daily 42 kilometers to get a new car and the game gets stuck while going back to the screen where you get it. Restart, no car, but my 42 km are logged, so I wasted my time grinding for the car, get nothing to show for it, and have to do this shit again tomorrow. Not a happy potential customer right now.

Can you imagine that track with LMPs hahaha. Even in higher SR ratings there will be crashes, and to make it worse ghosting might not be there to help you.

Second time now that I do the daily 42 kilometers to get a new car and the game gets stuck while going back to the screen where you get it. Restart, no car, but my 42 km are logged, so I wasted my time grinding for the car, get nothing to show for it, and have to do this shit again tomorrow. Not a happy potential customer right now.
Close the application. Change your time zone to one where it's not yet 00:00. Open GT Sport. Wait till 00:01. Profit.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So is entry into the beta closed? I have not heard anything about more people geting in, just people enjoying it.

Fingers crossed they're just experimenting with a few different ways of calculating....and that they keep reading the feedback...

Yeah I hope so too, there needs to be some way of rooting those kind of drivers out or the SR ranking is doing nothing.

Felt like I must be a target on my car at the start of this race but it turned out pretty good in the end (feel bad for my clumsy overtake on the Mustang on the first lap tho!)

https://youtu.be/gvT7Wa6vbdg

Finally got my first win in GTS too - the opposition driver even messaged me after saying what a great race it was which was nice :)

https://youtu.be/oCRQwbTmfaM

Not new, but now with gif(edit: now looping the gif correctly):
Gran-Turismo-Sport---2wheel-corner-cut.gif

I don't think it's good that you can exploit the 2-wheels-on-track rule for stunts like this,
what if all the top guys did it to cut a tenth or two here and there. It's technically not against the rules, but you couldn't drive like that in real life. If you could, there would be penalties for it, I'm sure.

I know, Beta and all, but still... works for every corner in AWD cars and with every car if mild ABS is on for braking half off track. You can save a lot when you get basically the full stopping power even if only two wheels should have grip. It's making the track wider like that.

benzy

Not new, but now with gif(edit: now looping the gif correctly):
Gran-Turismo-Sport---2wheel-corner-cut.gif

I don't think it's good that you can exploit the 2-wheels-on-track rule for stunts like this,
what if all the top guys did it to cut a tenth or two here and there. It's technically not against the rules, but you couldn't drive like that in real life. If you could, there would be penalties for it, I'm sure.

I know, Beta and all, but still... works for every corner in AWD cars and with every car if mild ABS is on for braking half off track. You can save a lot when you get basically the full stopping power even if only two wheels should have grip. It's making the track wider like that.

Have you posted about it on the playstation GTS beta forum? Kaz posts on there and they're pretty serious about taking in feedback. I'll make a thread on it if you can't.

From his Closed β Ver1.05 Update thread in the US beta forum:
"Kaz - In regards to the Physics model, we've improved the drivability that had been unintentionally worsened in the 1.04 update, to what we had originally intended.
It's not perfect yet, but we would like all your feedback on this as well."

Have you posted about it on the playstation GTS beta forum? Kaz posts on there and they're pretty serious about taking in feedback. I'll make a thread on it if you can't.
I posted it days ago, YouTube video of it got a lot of views from japan. Wonder what they'll do about it.

From his Closed β Ver1.05 Update thread in the US beta forum:
"Kaz - In regards to the Physics model, we've improved the drivability that had been unintentionally worsened in the 1.04 update, to what we had originally intended.
It's not perfect yet, but we would like all your feedback on this as well."
In 1.04 sudden throttle inputs would lead too easily to wheelspin, that's what that Pretend Race Cars guy was complaining about in his blog and me too on the forums. It's a lot more drivable and even realistic in 1.05. Still doesn't feel "next gen" to me.

---------
Btw. if anyone of you guys without forum access knows this... PD is asking on the EU beta forum for HOW the new Willow Springs leaderboard cheating is done, they were unable to find the new exploit yet.

bud

why can't i access the beta forum?

it says "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue."

note: i'm in the beta

why can't i access the beta forum?

it says "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue."

note: i'm in the beta

Have you tried the link that was in the mail with your beta code? If I'm in a forum thread there and click on the "Gran Turismo Sport Beta" at the top to be taken back to the main beta forum board, I get an error message saying I don't have the rights to access that resource too (my message is in german, not sure if it's the same text).

Only when I use the URL from the mail it works for me.

Top Bottom