• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

- Game physics have been updated.
- Force Feedback intensity has been adjusted.
- Various sound sources have been updated.
- Online experience has been improved.
- Rolling starts now available in [Daily Races].
- The algorithm behind the calculation of the Sportsmanship Rating has been changed.
- It is now possible to assign specific buttons to hazard lights and indicators.
- The braking indicator can now be switched ON/OFF under [Driving Options].
- Saved game data files are now stored online
- Fixed certain bugs.

Putty

- Game physics have been updated.
- Force Feedback intensity has been adjusted.
- Various sound sources have been updated.
- Online experience has been improved.
- Rolling starts now available in [Daily Races].
- The algorithm behind the calculation of the Sportsmanship Rating has been changed.
- It is now possible to assign specific buttons to hazard lights and indicators.
- The braking indicator can now be switched ON/OFF under [Driving Options].
- Saved game data files are now stored online
- Fixed certain bugs.

These will no doubt go down well. Curious to hear what changes have been made to the audio...

Blue Moon has some new additions (like walkways) as well as lots of people walking around in the stands. The physics have also changed the way you drive on the course quite a bit. You could take the last corner at much higher speeds than you can now.

Sebmugi

From gtplanet:

34873197791_c0d2eab1dc_o.jpg

34873198161_02b52a4af9_o.jpg

OMFG yes !!!!

Putty

"First race v1.06

many new options. "auto-drive", "braking indicator", "Counter Steering Assistance". first impression is everything feels smoother and lighter, Ffb smoother and lighter, new rev counter colors? New winner screen after race. Ping back down at 40 from 140. gtr sounds different.. shifting at least"

"skidmarks are there and off-track is definitely more demanding - one can get properly stuck at sand"

I wanna say that the Nurburgring has a much more "worn" look to it. The road seems to be a lot more scuffed up and the railings look dirty. Just a general look to it like it's really been raced on and beaten up over the years.

Sebmugi

Super for the view adjustable in height but it would be necessary to be able to adjust the rearview mirror also because it is not super to see the ground instead of the back lol ;)

cockpitx4uwq.png
+5H/+5F2B
cockpit1xjub2.png

Super for the view adjustable in height but it would be necessary to be able to adjust the rearview mirror also because it is not super to see the ground instead of the back lol ;)

I didn't even notice that it messes with rearview mirror. :p That should be a quick fix for them though.

Putty

10 min visual thoughts prom playing Nurburgring..Pro on a 1080p screen..

AA coverage "seems" to have improved a bit during gameplay.
Ghost car is now a bit more transparent.
Seems to be more detail around the ring in general, tarmac especially seems to have much more graffiti on the tarmac, and to confirm Solid's thoughts it does seem a bit more roughed up noticable on guard rails...
Also i think there's some sort of motion blur at work...Hard to describe...
Skidmarks are of course in...
More obvious wind/ambience noises when travelling at speed, sounds really nice
There seems more general in car sounds aswell, little thumps etc etc..
RPM limiter now is Cycan when maxed, was it red last time?
Reverb toned down (this might have changed in previous updates mind)
During replays on the ring, you can hear music from spectators (i have ingame/replay music set to 0)
Tyre screech volume is rather loud!

So far so good...

So I get a notification of this update, so of course for the first time in 10 years of PSN I have to run into the dreaded "inexplicably slow downloads of a few kbps" and not the usual lovely 30mbps I typically get. This glorious all digital future really isn't my thing. Time to restart my PS4 and go to bed.

Sounds like a lot more incremental improvements, which says to me they're heading in a good direction. Some of the new options and changes look like things 100% based on player feedback reports, especially the cockpit view adjustments. This would have been unplayable in VR without an option for that like Driveclub has. On that note, I do hope they throw VR into the beta eventually. I'd diligently test it!

Just like with the past 2 patches, I wonder how quickly people will be able to cheat whatever changes they made to the time penalty system. Oh, and I'm sure SR is completely fucked up again. Sigh. Hopefully will get some time with this tomorrow.

Hoooooooooly crap, that's an upgrade.

Nice improvements all around. Hopefully the car count is up now. Looking forward to the game a lot more tbh. Seems they are really giving this feedback thing a good run.

From the few videos I've seen looks like the physics has improved, remains to see by how much. Chase cam keeps improving, the only thing remaining for chase cam is to translate the vibrations and bumps felt by the car onto the screen much like how PCARS does it. Nice, let them keep working, we should have a great game when all is said and done.

The update looks great but the fact we can indicate is awesome. Always wanted that in racers.

PD really need to compress these update files though, it's a beta and the file size is huge.

Big jumps being made, makes me wonder when this game is actually releasing because this seems like an actual Beta, rather than just a marketing stunt which most other betas are these days.

I would like it to be cooked as much as possible before release, even if this is a service like title. Maybe if we are lucky November? If not next year which is pretty fucking crazy.

Edit - Crazy as it is, i have not followed this game much since it was announced but from general consensus, has there been a big jump in the games quality since it was first shown? The reveal was pretty fucking shit.

Mush

Sooo err... I can't practice or anything offline until the daily races start for me (this Saturday). Is that right?

Putty

"Some liveries have been updated. For example, the cars that haven't had tire markings before didn't had tire brand stickers. Now they have (although the one on the right rear on the Hyundai is mirrored). The Genesis now has MAC Tools as a sponsor, (I think) the STI logo on the Subaru has been adjusted. They even gave the Subie a new set of rims."

Putty

chase cam now has a near and far option.....

It's fair to say PD are listening to feedback, and that can only be a good thing...

"Some liveries have been updated. For example, the cars that haven't had tire markings before didn't had tire brand stickers. Now they have (although the one on the right rear on the Hyundai is mirrored). The Genesis now has MAC Tools as a sponsor, (I think) the STI logo on the Subaru has been adjusted. They even gave the Subie a new set of rims."

Glad to hear they made a good job with those rims...

Putty

Big jumps being made, makes me wonder when this game is actually releasing because this seems like an actual Beta, rather than just a marketing stunt which most other betas are these days.

I would like it to be cooked as much as possible before release, even if this is a service like title. Maybe if we are lucky November? If not next year which is pretty fucking crazy.

Edit - Crazy as it is, i have not followed this game much since it was announced but from general consensus, has there been a big jump in the games quality since it was first shown? The reveal was pretty fucking shit.

Visually, performance, aurally...huge strides...

Melfice7

Theres improvements in exposure in cockpit view or am i crazy?

The true "GT3" chase cam for all the whiners out there over the years is finally back.

Only did one race at brands hatch with an AMG GT3 and theres significant better sound overall especially in cockpit

Top Bottom