• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

nfgfdx.png

upbdnn.png

Looks like the DoF has been downgraded? There's a noticeable halo around the car in 1.06, almost like Driveclub's DoF, but in 1.05 it looks natural.

They've also done something odd to the specular and/or fresnel because the car's reflections look weirdly brighter now.

Putty

Looks like the DoF has been downgraded? There's a noticeable halo around the car in 1.06, almost like Driveclub's DoF, but in 1.05 it looks natural.

They've also done something odd to the specular and/or fresnel because the car's reflections look weirdly brighter now.

Could be a different part of the track with less surrounding detail?

Unknown?

I've noticed more grass on the Nurburgring. Instead of a few rifts on side hills there's a lot of grass and doesn't stand out anymore. Also shadow pop in seems farther away and more subtle.

Putty

DOF is unchanged from previous...Even on last updates/original release when the car was very close to the camera the halo effect was apparent...

Opening up FOV options means more to render, I can't see them doing that straight out the gate. I do hope we get a remove wheel/arms option though.
I also feel like there won't be FOV options, why else would it not have been in the same patch as seat positions, butthe reasoning with "more to render" is dumb in my opinion, if they can pull off rain and night races with so many headlights, they can offer FOV options as well, if the framerate has some mini drops with extreme FOVs, then the player can decide if it's not worth it. Judging by other racing games(including GT5/6), the impact of different FOVs is minimal and shouldn't be noticable in races without a lot of cars rendered during the day without rain.

I'm not taking excuses anymore in simulation games that I want to player from the first person perspective.

You should reconsider your platform of choice then, because consoles have limited resources on disposal and some things must be prioritised over another.
Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, DiRT Rally have FOV options on PS4 and GT5 and GT6 had FOV options too. I played GT6 on 720p for a better framerate, I'd be totally ok with some lower graphics settings or minor framerate drops to get to the FOV I'm used to in other racing sims.

More updates happen and more I think it will be a great game ;)
Yeah, the tone is certainly changing with every update. I just want them to up the car count a bit 200's hopefully and add more production cars, and of course, offer us single player newbs a bone before throwing us into online races with you guys lol...

Gestault

In the general sense, I wish more racers allowed you to disable the arms in cockpit mode.

Yeah, the tone is certainly changing with every update. I just want them to up the car count a bit 200's hopefully and add more production cars, and of course, offer us single player newbs a bone before throwing us into online races with you guys lol...

200 distinct cars is like exactly the point I love sims to be at. More is neat and all, but with half-decent curation, 200 is pleeeeenty.

In the general sense, I wish more racers allowed you to disable the arms in cockpit mode.

200 distinct cars is like exactly the point I love sims to be at. More is neat and all, but with half-decent curation, 200 is pleeeeenty.
Yup, even a casual like me that basically played to win all the tournaments against the CPU and collet my favorite cars, I never went over 60-70 cars in my garage. Gets too overwhelming after that.

Though I still do like the RPG element of earning a bunch of credits and stuff like that, hopefully some of that makes it though. Can't wait for E3 and some updates on this one.

Putty

That difference in a single scene. The track marshalls look almost real, meanwhile that embarrassing last-gen grass... I mean come on, that's a solved problem. I've seen much older racing games with proper grass.

I beg to differ that's a solved problem in a 60fps racer on console...

I beg to differ that's a solved problem in a 60fps racer on console...

Yeah, pretty much every 60fps console racer is on par with shitty grass problems.

The thing is though, in GT's defence, you're meant to be going past the trackside assets at high speed in any game. Grass occupies such little screen space and you won't really have time to look at it, whereas marshals are more noticeable and actually serve a gameplay purpose.

God fucking dammit the images in these last two pages, sweet update!

Now, who do I have to kill/blow to get a frigging beta code???

Seriously :((((

The update being 17gb makes me think that there's still stuff people haven't found or things we'll see in the coming days when course rotation starts. That seems way too big for additional sound improvement, trackside upgrades, options etc. The last update was smaller and that came with new tracks.

Pjsprojects

Still no code for me.
Going back to my dark corner to sob :-(

Love the lighting in some of these shots! Do we have any idea when the game launches?

eso76

Not weirdly.
It's reflecting the sky in the update, and, since the sky is a lot brighter than the grass, the reflections appear accurate.

Maybe 1.05 version has trees in the shadows blocking the sky, which means 1.06 has worse draw distance on cube maps (trees aren't showing and we see the sky behind them) but I wouldn't know without seeing that part of the track, which I can't because I wasn't allowed in the f****** beta :p

Edit: forget it, it's just the sky being a lot brighter. Maybe proper HDRi skydome.

Also that 'halo' could be some sort of bloom coming from the brighter reflection.

Edit: pretty sure that's what it is

Top Bottom