• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Mobius 1

There is another trailer featuring the GT Academy graduates, and it explicitly says that this is a reboot of the series. I can't find a link just yet.

There is a spectator to the right behind the fence and I think that when the car stops loses his interest and sits down:

MrthlaO.gif

Sequiel

Banned
You're absolutely right, it should be titled "Ultra 4K 60fps HDR and VR"

In fact, it should be "Pseudo-4K *60fps HDR OR VR"

*fps drops and 30fps replays may be applicable, consult your reviewer.

But I'm ok with that as long as frametimes are consistent, no stutter/hitches and VR isn't just a skeleton like Driveclub VR. :)

I'm in a frustrating spot in the beta. I get murdered when I'm in races that mix S/A/B driver ratings, but I get sent to a grid that's B/C and I'm instantly near the front. Start 8th finish 11th > start 2nd finish 2nd > start 6th finish 10th tonight. On the bright side, the DR formula is apparently very accurate!
But I'm ok with that as long as frametimes are consistent, no stutter/hitches and VR isn't just a skeleton like Driveclub VR. :)
I'd be entirely ok with "just" Driveclub around as a PSVR racer, but it lacks real world locations and racing machines. Seriously Sony, it could be SuperFX chip tier of graphics in the headset but if it's smooth and has the name "Gran Turismo" on it I'll gladly play it for sandbox VR racing. I'm not being picky, and I hate myself for it.

Goldrusher

Guys, how do I turn off brake assist? The game handles my brakes which is quite annoying as it takes away freedom from me.
Pause the game and it's in that menu somewhere.

If you're talking about ABS, that can be changed as you're driving. Default it's through the d-pad. Left-right to bring up the ABS-setting, up-down to change it.

gypsie

Ermm so I have done an initial google but no luck so far.... is this game going to have the like "level up" system old GT's had?

I adored buying a shitty car and turning it into a super car but from everything I have seen with this it doesn't SEEM like that kinda thing would be in it.

Am I mistaken?

Is there an open demo I can download from PSN?

Nope, although Kaz told GTplanet that they'll be looking into doing another beta around August. It won't be open as he said that server costs would be massive, but it'll be another tier above what they're doing now.

Goldrusher

How long is the current beta running?

GTPlanet: How much longer do you plan on running the GT Sport beta?

Kazunori Yamauchi: After maybe one more update — or maybe two at the most — we will close the beta. I’m thinking that after having these closed betas, it might be nice to put up another beta with all of the features that will be available to experience in GT Sport. It would be for a very short time, maybe around August or so.

GTP: So a public beta?

KY: No, we can’t say public, because several million people would rush to play it. That means our server costs would shoot through the roof before we sell the game, so we can’t do that! So it won’t be completely open, but we would like to at least have at least another tier in terms of participation.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-e3-multiclass-racing-customized-race-suits-another-beta/

Sebmugi

GTP: The new E3 trailer shows heavy fog at the Nurburgring. Is that a real weather state that will be playable within the game?

KY: Yes.

upload_2017-6-15_12-16-49-png.654139

OMFG oO

170610091537839958.gif

l2ounD

With 1 or maybe 2 updates coming up, I'd imagine one will be out pretty soon. If they plan on ending it before August

If they are planning the last beta phase with all the features around August maybe they are aiming for a September launch.

And I think that if we don't see the weather soon then it won't be ready for launch. They will add it with an update as soon as possible.

143uea.png

Sandcrawler

Neo Member
For anyone else in the North American closed beta, have they stopped changing the events everyday? I played a bunch in April and early May and the events were changing all the time then. For the last 2 (maybe more than that) days for me it's just been N300 Brands Hatch, GR.4 Dragon Trail, and GR.3 Willow Springs.

Top Bottom