• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport is not Gran Turismo 7

MaDKaT

Well damn. My original impressions were wrong. Guess this will be a 'Prologue'. Wonder what this means for GT7 proper? Oh well, bring it on.

This clears up about 0% of the confusion.

Is it a prologue? No direct answer.
Is GT7 being made? No direct answer.
Can you upgrade from Sport to 7? No direct answer.

Whatever Sport is, it looks cool enough.

GT6 released on PS3 after PS4 had been released and the fever was surrounding their new console, and after the huge Black Friday push. It was a nightmare launch for GT6. Presumably this one will be launched better with better marketing and release timing.

- Yes kinda but w/more content
-I think so (didn't Kaz ssy that in a previous interview)?
- Not confirmed but if you can upgrade from GT5 prologue to GT5, then I'd say.

Well no need for that sarcastic comment. People were still confused as to whether GT Sport had replaced GT7 and was akin to the next main line entry for the series. Now it's been proven it's not so I'm glad it's been clarified. A lot of people were confused about this bud. All you have to do is check the GT7 Sport thread yesterday...

I agree... I was certainly confused. I actually thought that they were turning GT into a platform, as opposed to just keeping with the numbered sequel structure. So, your point is definitely good to note!

I take this to mean they could never announce GT7. GT Sport could be the new base service that gets expanded over time.

So like Driveclub? But why? I thought the only reason Driveclub did a service based model is because it'd be a financial risk to create another sequel and they don't have the resource/staff to do that atm.

But I thought GT would be the opposite of that? Is there a particular advantage to this? Would it help sales? I'm just genuinely curious.

NahaNago

After rereading the quote it sounds like they are making gt7 this is a spinoff that will probably end up getting more content since it won't be as big as a mainline gt now we just need to know what the emphasis/theme of this game is. Like is it only sports racing cars, how many tracks, cars, and modes will be available but i guess those things won't be revealed until next e3.

hamchan

Glad we got this clarification. Too many people were simply stating that it was GT7 even though there was no evidence for it. Was getting a bit confusing.

I dony understand the 7-77 age thing, at all, in that case.

Why would they put that in? Obviously younger kids can appreciate it, and it goes against the 100 years messaging too. Just looks like an accident that that is edited in...especially if this isn't considered 7.
Because there will be Boeing jets in the game.

I actually thought it was pretty evident that this wasn't a fully fledged title, I mean even the name gives that away - and I don't mean it lacking the 7, just the fact it is 'Sport' and then you come out and talk about competitions and the like.

It basically said this game is catering to one small segment of the racing market. AKA - small title, not GT7.

After rereading the quote it sounds like they are making gt7 this is a spinoff that will probably end up getting more content since it won't be as big as a mainline gt now we just need to know what the emphasis/theme of this game is. Like is it only sports racing cars, how many tracks, cars, and modes will be available but i guess those things won't be revealed until next e3.

There are 3 modes Arcade, Campaign, and Sport. Sport being the FIA sanctioned ESport league.

Xater

Glad we got this clarification. Too many people were simply stating that it was GT7 even though there was no evidence for it. Was getting a bit confusing.

Well they also did not make really clear what the difference between this and GT7 is. Why is this a different thing? If just for their weird MP mode, then why not just include that in GT7 and make it an even better package. This announcement was just awful all around.

But at this point I guess we should be used to awful communication when it comes to GT games.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Good news, I was kinda worried after that announcement. Of course this probably means GT7 is still a long ways off..

benzy

Because there will be Boeing jets in the game.

I actually thought it was pretty evident that this wasn't a fully fledged title, I mean even the name gives that away - and I don't mean it lacking the 7, just the fact it is 'Sport' and then you come out and talk about competitions and the like.

It basically said this game is catering to one small segment of the racing market. AKA - small title, not GT7.

What's this about though?

But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.

My guess is Sport would be the online section including both official and unofficial events.

Yeah sounds like it, FIA inclusion doesn't seem to mean that all of those brands of racing like F1 and WRA will be in it, but that they consider the National and Manufactur Gran Turismo Sport Events to be a sanctioned racing league just like F1 and WRA.

It's weird to wrap your head around. They are saying this racing video game is s real sport. With being said I bet there will be a lot of rules in the sport mode and probably no tuning or customization, as well as a specific subset of cars. Hopefully that stuff is still present in Campaign.

No, it meant it was a PROLOGUE, as it said in the title. Not my point at all.

If there was a hidden message in that my guess is that it's is planned as a long term project that begins with gt7 technology, just as Gt academy was running on gt5 and gt6 tech before the main releases.

Kyoufu

That was the worst announcement yesterday. Everyone was expecting GT7, especially when the trailer said "for ages 7-77". Then whatever Kazunori talked about told us nothing about the game. Just the worst way to announce something.

thelastword

Banned
Its not though thyey already said it has 3 modes.
Gtplanet said that, I don't deny it, but they only really detail and concentrated on the FIA online racing mode and Esports Events. If it does have a campaign, arcade and sports mode, it would be akin to a prologue, but even that is not detailed. So I never really saw how anyone could assume this was GT7.

IF GT7 was revealed, I think we would be seeing some snippets of the new tracks, snippets of the Ai, improvements on physics, Bspec or other new modes they would put in. This trailer just seems like an ehanced GT6 to me. There's not much we can deduce yet.

farisr

What's this about though?

Could just mean that there's a few non-online racing modes, maybe a local splitscreen option. GTplanet did say arcade, campaign and sports. Arcade mode could be the one "accessible for all" as in the past it has had difficulty settings, cars available to choose from that you don't have to buy, and could be played in splitscreen.

Also, just for a reminder, GT5 Prologue's US launch had 6 tracks, 76 cars, and 40 race events, better/new physics & graphics (compared to GT4 on PS2), car tuning, splitscreen, online racing.

So far I expect GT Sport to be GT7 Prologue (maybe Prologue+) with GT Academy competitive modes thrown in.

Ame

PD needs to focus on one fucking game, release it and make sure it doesn't end being GT5/6. There was so much talk about GT7 being the next game. Now it seems like GT Sport is coming first.

Just give me the full GT experience and don't skimp on the rally.

Sitris

Yep I think this is exactly what they are doing, especially when coupled with the quote from the news conference at it being the only GT for the whole generation
I must have missed that one, when did they say it was the only GT for the whole generation? I can definitely see it being true, if GT Sport becomes a great platform to grow on, but if it underperforms I'd say GT7 will follow a few years afterwards.

Why are we all doubting the title?, there's gonna be a Beta early 2016 so let's judge the content then not now. Nobody has to buy it to figure out what it will be.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Thank god to be honest. I'd rather gt7 focus on its visuals than VR. Polyphony is the king of that, not sure why they'd take it away from them.

This looks more like GT Online or something like that. The manufacturer and country thing reminds me of Ridge Racer Vita. This thing seems to focused on online racings and rankings. Maybe like a "beta" to test features for a GT7 mode.

Top Bottom