• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport is not Gran Turismo 7

Hugstable

Banned
wow this is incredibly disappointing. So I was right about this being kinda like a prologue though, or is this mostly gonna be some VR thing? Either way I'm really sad now :(

I take this to mean they could never announce GT7. GT Sport could be the new base service that gets expanded over time.

Yep I think so too could be doing it the way DriveClub is doing it.

Yep I think this is exactly what they are doing, especially when coupled with the quote from the news conference at it being the only GT for the whole generation

So GT7 sounds like the "Game of the year" edition huh?

Arttemis

"The old days, when the games were offline, the experience was defined by what's on the disc. You had a distinction between a Prologue and a full GT, it was very stark. When the game becomes more of an online connected experience, that distinction blurs. This will be much more than a Prologue type experience."

It's pretty damn obvious that, whatever GT: Sport is or what comes after it this gen, this will be a DLC-expanded experience that will likely be the only GT game you have to purchase with the rest being expansions for the same experience.

Loudninja

"The old days, when the games were offline, the experience was defined by what's on the disc. You had a distinction between a Prologue and a full GT, it was very stark. When the game becomes more of an online connected experience, that distinction blurs. This will be much more than a Prologue type experience."

It's pretty damn obvious that, whatever GT: Sport is or what comes after it this gen, this will be a DLC-expanded experience that will likely be the only GT game you have to purchase with the rest being expansions for the same experience.
Yep that's what it sounds like to me.

I'm ok with that.

This will help make the wait for GT7 a little easier, but I was totally expecting a full GT game by the end of 2016. I figured Polyphony and Sony would not want another PS3 situation where it took forever for GT5 to come out, but I guess not.

If I'm being honest, I'm a little disappointed. Xbox owners have had 3 Forza games already and we don't even have one GT.

Loudninja

This will help make the wait for GT7 a little easier, but I was totally expecting a full GT game by the end of 2016. If I'm being honest, I'm a little disappointed. Xbox owners have had 3 Forza games already and we don't even have one.
Sony release GT6 in 2013 this game is 2016 its a normal dev cycle.

They are not slow this is normal.

Top Bottom