• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

The1Ski

Regarding the saves situation, I can see why some people are upset that you can't save at all or even work on the livery.

I know I knew that the game was focused online so many things wouldn't work but didn't it would be so substantial.

dr guildo

Where are all the beautiful screenshots? My copy arrives not until tomorrow...

You ask, we deliver :

Particles'orgy :
37451422130_50f7a6e22a_o.png

37038552763_eca853d3d5_o.png

23855629378_ccaaf32e87_o.png

37660178216_cce1bbfb33_o.png

23855620108_74a480ae96_o.png

37451410300_f88f71d22c_o.png

37660174616_6f1c1e950b_o.png

emjot

fucking finally beat that stage 6-8 30 laps endurance. no fun allowed with the AI spinning you out non-stop, but a brilliant showcase of the possible pit strategies and tire wear. barely made it in 1st this time, softs worn out and almost no fuel left.

now off to the nürb.

DavidDesu

Goddamit I went home on my lunch break and my copy had been delivered. Left it for more than three hours to start on the update... 1.2GB is all that's been done since I left..!

My internet isn't THAT slow, the download must have slowed to a crawl. Thanks shitty fucking PSN. I just want to play... Needless to say pausing and resuming and away it goes, 36 hours left down to "just" 4... FML.

management of reflection are good <3 go a few more drops and we are good ... ^^
I think we will see several levels of rain intensity

171017073454603773.gif

ehh... it's ok. Lack of rain effects on the windshield (dripping, smearing from the wiper, etc) doesn't really sell it though. I want to see some proper rain.

Penalties seem a little more fair online now.

In addition to there being far less wrecks, I didn't seem to get penalized for being lightly clipped while clearly trying to steer around the nonsense, even slowing down to give them time to sort themselves.

Feels good.

That video is in KMH

Make sure auto-braking is turned off under options, and then make sure you brake early (but just enough) and then accelerate out of the turn.

EDIT: Heh, KPH vs. MPH. That'll do it.

Ah yeah lol, I completely missed the kmh difference. Still can't quite figure out what I'm doing incorrectly that keeps me from going below 14.9 seconds, though. It feels like my full throttle speed is cut in half compared to the tutorial video. I believe Auto-Drive defaults to off on intermediate. ABS is on by default in settings.

Shock32

Penalties seem a little more fair online now.

In addition to there being far less wrecks, I didn't seem to get penalized for being lightly clipped while clearly trying to steer around the nonsense, even slowing down to give them time to sort themselves.

Feels good.

Good to hear, what about getting rear ended?

Good to hear, what about getting rear ended?

Someone mentioned earlier that the other person was penalised in this situation.

I am sort of concerned about someone breaking too early into a turn. That can cause a lot of problems. I guess we just need to keep a safe distance back. It's probably my biggest issue when racing online.

Shock32

Someone mentioned earlier that the other person was penalised in this situation.

I am sort of concerned about someone breaking too early into a turn. That can cause a lot of problems. I guess we just need to keep a safe distance back. It's probably my biggest issue when racing online.

Safe distance and I guess ready to brake is all you can do. Probably where the sportsman ranking will be in effect more.

emjot

Has the option to display the racing line with cones been around before? I never noticed it before, but I find that genius. So subtle, yet very helpful.

Ah yeah lol, I completely missed the kmh difference. Still can't quite figure out what I'm doing incorrectly that keeps me from going below 14.9 seconds, though. It feels like my full throttle speed is cut in half compared to the tutorial video. I believe Auto-Drive defaults to off on intermediate. ABS is on by default in settings.

You better check that Auto-Drive setting, in demo mine had braking on despite choosing the option on the far right that was supposed to not have it on.

Jamesways

Huh? I'm finding the single player to be excellent.

It would solve a lot of the wailing and gnashing of teeth if people just saw it as an online only game.
I'll probably never race online.

GT3 custom races in various tod erryday!
The beta got me super hooked on the missions too. Very creative races in there. Some remind me of the clever Test Drive:Ferrari Racing Legend career races-
Mind your fuel and tires, don't lose too many places, etc.

Sure is a hell of a lot better than 3,500 3-5 lap races smashing your way to first for XP.

ghibli99

I'll probably never race online.

GT3 custom races in various tod erryday!
The beta got me super hooked on the missions too. Very creative races in there. Some remind me of the clever Test Drive:Ferrari Racing Legend career races-
Mind your fuel and tires, don't lose too many places, etc.

Sure is a hell of a lot better than 3,500 3-5 lap races smashing your way to first for XP.
This is almost too accurate a description of what I've been doing in FM7 all week. LOL

if your drafting and don't have a long enough run to overtake just sit off their left or right, if they break early you beat them and if they break correctly you can release sooner than them and get past them before the apex. That should work with nearly everyone assuming they know the lines (and your good enough to pull it off).

Jamesways

This is almost too accurate a description of what I've been doing in FM7 all week. LOL
The old formats are such a slog.
I found pCARS career simple and refreshing.

And I haven't played a GT game since 4 so this SP stuff is great, really addicting. Loving the circuit portion mode too.

SR ranking is kinda strange.... someone rammed me away and took my spot and I got SR minus and had a red B at the end of the round though I didnt hit anyone all race, only got bumped into from the rear multiple times.
Also he got a 8 second penalty for ramming me away and I was 2 seconds behind him, he still was in front of me in the "final" rankings???

Switched to X/O for acceleration/brake and got Silver on my first try with the license challenge. It was a night and day difference. Looks like my R2 trigger might be failing on me as it seems to only register up to half pressure rather than full pressure. RIP my launch DS4

You better check that Auto-Drive setting, in demo mine had braking on despite choosing the option on the far right that was supposed to not have it on.

Fortunately, I see it as entirely off on my end. Appreciate the heads up, though.

ghibli99

The old formats are such a slog.
I found pCARS career simple and refreshing.

And I haven't played a GT game since 4 so this SP stuff is great, really addicting. Loving the circuit portion mode too.
Looking forward to it. My all-time favorite GT is A-Spec. 4 was fun, but started to lose me, and I completely dropped off during the PS3 gen. I really got into Forza during the 360 generation and it became my favorite series for a while. This generation has been a strange one for me though. My interest in Forza has waned, and while I'm still quite skeptical about GTS, I'm hoping this new approach does something for me that this and other similar series haven't in recent years.

Question for you guys. What level is your HDR intensity set at?

It seems at startup when they ask you to increase the slider until the checkered boxes are barely visible, mine ends up at HDR 5. If I push it a little bit higher, I think my TV can hit HDR 6.

What's yours at. I have a Sony Bravia X800D.

Karu

Had an otherwise clean online race just now, but then a ghost car coming from the bank totally distracted me and I ruined someone other's race I guess ramming them to oblivion, feels bad. Got the deserved red rating, heh. Well and a whole one second punishment. :p

It seems at startup when they ask you to increase the slider until the checkered boxes are barely visible, mine ends up at HDR 5. If I push it a little bit higher, I think my TV can hit HDR 6.

Where do you find that, settings? Or during the boxes set up?

Wallach

Hm, mine I think had to be set to 15. I'm on the same set as you actually.

HDR 30 on Bravia X720E, yeah its a dim panel overall :p

Putty

Feels quite surreal playing the retail game...waited waited and waited for years and then...Doing the campaign before i do anything else. Beaten a few of my demo times already. Still on pad but come Saturday...THE WHEEL GETS ITS TURN!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Woo...medal chasing on some these Arcade single races is intense!! Professional difficulty gives no quarter and you really feel the marathon chase through the entire race clawing up to first, often to the bitter end.

I'm finding it far more satisfying than blowing past the competition with a tuned car on calendar events within the first lap in prior Forza/GT games. Actually really just digging these challenges overall, feels like pushing through the checklist of an older PS2-era racing game, but obviously with physics and road grip unlike any other game I've played.

Having a wonderful time and this is coming from a total Forza fanboy that has generally disliked GT in the past. (I do wish I had an HDR supported TV though, some of these blinding sunrises over the crest of the track...I just imagine they come across more natural than how I view them)

bombshell

Feels quite surreal playing the retail game...waited waited and waited for years and then...Doing the campaign before i do anything else. Beaten a few of my demo times already. Still on pad but come Saturday...THE WHEEL GETS ITS TURN!

You received the wheel already, didn't you? Get on it!

Top Bottom