• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

Fournier

Even though it's still barebones and lacking content, I'm officially hooked to Sport races, to the point where I've barely touched any other content in the game lol Every time I finish one it's like: "oh look, next one is just in ten minutes, let's do it"

It's fucking addictive LOL

onanie

Me, at work, waiting to play GTS when I get home.

french-ickx.png

My, you're a good looking bloke, Jack.

It's fucking addictive LOL

It is but slightly different for me. I haven't done that many races maybe 13 or 14. I will basically practice until I have brought down my average time and hitting my lines consistently then go try it out in a real setting. I really like that the races are there longer due to this. Though I do think they need to change one every day at the least. When I need a break and something fresh I jump into VR for a bit.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Even though it's still barebones and lacking content, I'm officially hooked to Sport races, to the point where I've barely touched any other content in the game lol Every time I finish one it's like: "oh look, next one is just in ten minutes, let's do it"

This is me to a fucking TEE!!!!!! Seriously everything you said is how I feel to the 1000th degree!

Man I love sport mode but dam I get my ass handed to me lol. So I got lots of new friend request from this game. Are us gaffers gonna start some private lobbies to race together?? I’ll be on tonight after my Astros play.

kirby2096

Anyone who laps the Suzuka daily under 53s want to share how they do it? I've tried using the 4C and could just about eek out a flat 53s if I have a flawless run.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
OMG I put GT6 in and it has like 90 gb of updates to download.

Bought GT6 digitally last year. It took literally almost a full 24 hour period before I could actually play.

The massive download is easy...it’s the indecipherable ‘unpacking’ process that is the real dark souls of GT6 installation. Comically insane actually.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Bought GT6 digitally last year. It took literally almost a full 24 hour period before I could actually play.

The massive download is easy...it’s the indecipherable ‘unpacking’ process that is the real dark souls of GT6 installation. Comically insane actually.
it's only on 7/20...

Anyone who laps the Suzuka daily under 53s want to share how they do it? I've tried using the 4C and could just about eek out a flat 53s if I have a flawless run.

Yeah, I'd love tips for Suzuka also. I've got my qualifying down to 55.8 in the Ferrari 458, which I thought was pretty good, but I was seeing a lot of 53s and 54s last night so obviously I can do better. Just not sure where. I push pretty hard in the twisties, I could probably do a bit better there but I like to stay on the track.

onanie

I swear if don't get a patch after this downtime...

I imagine only the servers get a patch.

Yeah, I'd love tips for Suzuka also. I've got my qualifying down to 55.8 in the Ferrari 458, which I thought was pretty good, but I was seeing a lot of 53s and 54s last night so obviously I can do better. Just not sure where. I push pretty hard in the twisties, I could probably do a bit better there but I like to stay on the track.

Is it possible to check out the replays from those faster guys?

AngerdX

Unlocked the ring earlier and had to get a laferrari out in VR, stunning and absolutly insane with all assits off, was completly soaked and exhausted after, brilliant stuff.

onanie

Unlocked the ring earlier and had to get a laferrari out in VR, stunning and absolutly insane with all assits off, was completly soaked and exhausted after, brilliant stuff.

I am jealous. How do you find the resolution on the VR? Is it a jarring shift?

Always the same 3 tracks.... that are not dially races. They refresh it once a week :(

Even if they add a daily rotation I like that they are up for a week. Many people only have sporadic gaming time so to learn a track and car combo properly takes some time it might be 4 days before I want to try racing.

Spectacular. I wish I can drift that well, but the skill gap is definitely big.
Shame there is little fire smoke. You can generate some nice smoke spinning in circles and it glows with headlights on it but dissipates too quickly and drifting or spinning up the tires in a straight line hardly generates any :(

Yeah, I haven't tried switching to a cockpit view from other players in replays, but I bet that would work.
You can search for replays in Discover then download and play them, switch camera and one face button toggles between displaying replay controls and displaying all the dash stuff including critical throttle and brake position. You also have to enable race info in replay options.

AngerdX

For me the resolution is fine, the perception of elevation changes and acually being in the car takes my focus of it and trying to go fast helps, i do so wish we could race like this, i have high hopes for next gen vrsets.

Crash331

For me the resolution is fine, the perception of elevation changes and acually being in the car takes my focus of it and trying to go fast helps, i do so wish we could race like this, i have high hopes for next gen vrsets.

As much as I love my PSVR, I always just want to play things on my Oculus Rift after I got one of those a couple of months ago. The resolution and capabilities are just so much better, plus the headset is much more comfortable to me, godrays be damned.

onanie

Even if they add a daily rotation I like that they are up for a week. Many people only have sporadic gaming time so to learn a track and car combo properly takes some time it might be 4 days before I want to try racing.

That is a good point. However, if they insist on keeping it as weedailies, I think it would be good to expand their numbers. Server capacity is probably not a limiting factor,

Shame there is little fire smoke. You can generate some nice smoke spinning in circles and it glows with headlights on it but dissipates too quickly and drifting or spinning up the tires in a straight line hardly generates any :(

A shame indeed.

Ok, last question before I go but it. Are the perks and bonuses in the Limited Edition worth an extra 8 bucks?

personally, i don't think so if they can all be earned in game.

As much as I love my PSVR, I always just want to play things on my Oculus Rift after I got one of those a couple of months ago. The resolution and capabilities are just so much better, plus the headset is much more comfortable to me, godrays be damned.

there's no doubt about the technical capabilities of those

The lack of content criticism aimed at this game is such a weird one. Like, on the one hand I absolutely get it and think it’s a very fair gripe.

But on the other, I’ve put like a dozen hours into the game and feel like I’d need another 20 or so just to clear everything — and that’s not factoring in online play.

So like I totally do get it, but I also feel like it’s maybe a bit overblown? I dunno, not sure where I sit yet.

onanie

I've been working on the Scrapes for too long as well as liveries.

Lewd

The lack of content criticism aimed at this game is such a weird one. Like, on the one hand I absolutely get it and think it’s a very fair gripe.

But on the other, I’ve put like a dozen hours into the game and feel like I’d need another 20 or so just to clear everything — and that’s not factoring in online play.

So like I totally do get it, but I also feel like it’s maybe a bit overblown? I dunno, not sure where I sit yet.

I think superficial examination of the game will lead to this perception, but before you know it, you've already spent a few dozen hours on the single player mode alone. It is not easy to explain that without personal experience.

The lack of content criticism aimed at this game is such a weird one. Like, on the one hand I absolutely get it and think it's a very fair gripe.

But on the other, I've put like a dozen hours into the game and feel like I'd need another 20 or so just to clear everything — and that's not factoring in online play.

So like I totally do get it, but I also feel like it's maybe a bit overblown? I dunno, not sure where I sit yet.

I think it mostly centers around the severe lack of cars and the constant endorphin hit of unlocking new content that 500+ cars can bring. I gotta say I do miss that, especially when the daily unlocks end up being duplicates of cars I already have. The other part is the removal of the rags-to-riches RPG side of the game. I can totally understand people who bought GT games for that aspect not liking this direction.

In terms of just hours you put into it, yeah, there's a lot of stuff here. Just not what everyone wants to spend their hours doing. Like I don't really enjoy the license tests, it's more that I'm compelled to gold everything. I would've preferred a Driveclub style of SP events. But the tests do educate on occasion, so I can't knock that. They're just not that fun to me.

The lack of saved qualifying times is making this whole thing a cluster fuck. Really, really hope PD can get their shit together. Launch week is launch week, sure, but they had plenty of beta testing to figure this shit out.

It's way overblown

The game clearly designed a robust experience only by the numbers measuring on a 10 year old yard stick that applies in 6Th generation does the criticism make any sense

Why oh why is not saving my qualifying times on the Civic Sport Race? I would have one pol position and a second starting place if it would do it. What's happening? I even tried qualifying outside the race but it's the same, it won't save it. :mad:

This. I've been lucky enough to have some time with the game due to holidays. But when I'm back at work, I think I'll appreciate longer events - I can work on my qualifying lap and explore a particular class of cars. Still, I'd like more frequent rotations even if it's only one race per day etc.

GHG

Qualifying times are not saving now?

Burn it all down and revert sport mode to the demo version.

Maybe we will get the dailies back that way.

Top Bottom