• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

Loudninja

Is the server under maintenance?
Going to be soon
Server maintenance will be performed for the Gran Turismo Sport in the following dates and times. Please note that it will not be possible to use online features including the Sport Mode during maintenance.

- Maintenance period
21 October, 2017: 05:00 – 06:00 UTC
*The hours of maintenance may somewhat vary.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_8764463.html

GHG

Everytime I see maintenance I don't even get mad.

I just pray for the return of actual dailies.

One day it will happen.

Just a quick correction: dailies in the Closed Beta changed Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It stayed the same from Sunday to Thursday.

With that said, this shit is fucking ridiculous. I have yet to play any online race because I have no interest in the current offering. It's kinda OK right now because I'm playing the "Campaign" but if they don't do something (actual daily changes, Dailies + Weeklies, up the numbers of events...) I can see myself losing interest in the game even if I loved the Closed Beta and the Demo.

ty_hot

The lack of content criticism aimed at this game is such a weird one. Like, on the one hand I absolutely get it and think it’s a very fair gripe.

But on the other, I’ve put like a dozen hours into the game and feel like I’d need another 20 or so just to clear everything — and that’s not factoring in online play.

So like I totally do get it, but I also feel like it’s maybe a bit overblown? I dunno, not sure where I sit yet.

Yup, they are exaggerating. In a few weeks we will have CoD and Battlefront with laughable 5-7 hours of single player mode, some people will proudly say "I just play online, didn't even touch the campaign!"... I know, different kids of game but still. I completed the driving school and have 50% of circuit stuff. 0% of the missions. Almost 16 hours driving (maybe 20 races in Sport mode as well). There is plenty to do in the game as is.

I was so proud of myself for getting pole in Suzuka! And then I saw only two other people had qualifying times. Whatever i’ll take it!

I finished 7th of course :(

My best time is like 58 seconds and change. I don’t know how the eff people are getting 53s.

Picked it up today and did some SP challenges before work. Love the presentation of this game. The menu, the detail, the look, the feel. Everything about it is great. Looking forward to digging in more. Not sure when I'll get to online racing as I really want all those golds in SP.

sTiTcH AU

I will have to give the motion controls a proper go. As I normally a wheel only user in racing games using the controller feels like every car has insane understeer. I had the motion wheel that came with FM4 on x360 and that was ok.

Zaki2407

Just got the game last night. Need to download the 12gb patch. It'll take 5 hours to download. In the meantime, I tried the "offline" mode while downloading the patch. Well, it is very limited as we all already discussed here. Can't wait to play the "real" game after the download finish.

And yes. The graphic is awesome, even on my og PS4 with a non HDR 55" 1080p screen.

KRaZyAmmo

Just got the game last night. Need to download the 12gb patch. It'll take 5 hours to download. In the meantime, I tried the "offline" mode while downloading the patch. Well, it is very limited as we all already discussed here. Can't wait to play the "real" game after the download finish.

And yes. The graphic is awesome, even on my og PS4 with a non HDR 55" 1080p screen.

There's also a 9GB scrapes that's free to download for more scrape photo stuff.

ghibli99

My god do I hate the CTR @ Brands Hatch Indy. 4 laps just isn't enough.

Edit: Just did another one. Nothing but bumper car assholery. :( Ugh. Hopefully the next one is cleaner.

The1Ski

Yup, they are exaggerating. In a few weeks we will have CoD and Battlefront with laughable 5-7 hours of single player mode, some people will proudly say "I just play online, didn't even touch the campaign!"... I know, different kids of game but still. I completed the driving school and have 50% of circuit stuff. 0% of the missions. Almost 16 hours driving (maybe 20 races in Sport mode as well). There is plenty to do in the game as is.

Okay... Now imagine that cod and Battlefront multiplayer has 3 maps that change once a week.

Sure there's plenty of people getting value out of the lessons and time trials but a lot of people, myself included, consider single player campaign stuff to be multi-race cup series.

onanie

Okay... Now imagine that cod and Battlefront multiplayer has 3 maps that change once a week.

Sure there's plenty of people getting value out of the lessons and time trials but a lot of people, myself included, consider single player campaign stuff to be multi-race cup series.

Apart from lessons and time trials, there are also short races and endurance races

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Why are my qualifying times never accounted for when the race starts ???

Servers have been borked for a few hours. Same with singleplayer times not uploading. Hopefully fixed after patch is done.

ghibli99

Servers have been borked for a few hours. Same with singleplayer times not uploading. Hopefully fixed after patch is done.
Sucks. :( Yeah, hopefully... was working on beating some of my friends' times in campaign, and was like, why aren't my times appearing? Sigh.

So while racing a couple of brands hatch race during race I got all green SR up indicator during race only 1 red down and after race my Sp dropped to C :/

Look at games like Overwatch and RB6: Siege. Those are two extremely popular FPS MP games and they seriously lack content compared to other games. But theyre still fun as shit. I think the same about GT Sport. I think this game is trying to fall into that category with the whole online only thing.

CaLe

Well, fuck this game. No point in playing until the assholes that keep on ramming you stop playing.

I always hated online games, but I gave this one a try. I don’t give a shit if they lose a tiny portion of their SR, going from 9th to 20th because someone thinks they’re playing burnout is not worth it.

Smiley90

Servers are back woo? Time to see if uploads are fixed

Edit: well it definitely didn't upload the times I set while it was broken, oh well. Let's test new ones...

GHG

Well, fuck this game. No point in playing until the assholes that keep on ramming you stop playing.

The best advice I can give you is that until your SR is B and above DON'T RACE unless you are right out in front alone.

Just hang out at the back and put together clean sector after clean sector.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I always hated online games, but I gave this one a try. I don’t give a shit if they lose a tiny portion of their SR, going from 9th to 20th because someone thinks they’re playing burnout is not worth it.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they really can't drive in this game. Judging by how people take turns in these races, it sort of leads to that assumption. It is annoying though driving against 10 other Kvyats.

CaLe

The best advice I can give you is that until your SR is Being and above DON'T RACE unless you are right out in front alone.

Just hang out at the back and put together clean sector after clean sector.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So I should just stick to being one of the last to cross the finish line until my SR increases... I’ll give it a try. It really sucks that this is even a thing.

Smiley90

Nope, uploads still broken.fuck. I just put this AMAZING time down in 3.8 challenge :( 31secs left, 25 to gold in the rally event. Oh well.

Edit: oh wait they pushed maintenance back to 10-11? I could've sworn it was 9-10. Nvm. No wonder it's not fixed.

GHG

So I should just stick to being one of the last to cross the finish line until my SR increases... I’ll give it a try. It really sucks that this is even a thing.

Basically.

If you qualify mid pack in a C/D/E race bail at the first corner, chill out for a second then go.

It's what I'm doing now after trying to race in the mid pack in C races for a couple of days. It only resulted in my SR getting destroyed down to E again so I'm now doing this until I get up to B.

That's my tactic if I don't qualify at the front row of the grid.

ghibli99

Went from 5th to 20th because some asshat rammed me so hard from behind I went flying off the track as if I was skidding across ice. Sooo frustrating. So I went to mess around in Campaign only to find out (as mentioned earlier) that time uploads aren't working. Terrific.

Dubz

Of course the server goes down when I want to try some MP. Ah well, I'm loving the driving in this. The Campaign, although kind of shallow, is a lot of fun.

ShutterMunster

Server maintenance situation sucks. I was burning through driving school sections and after nabbing a gold I’m just bombarded with save error messages. That’s not great from a user experience standpoint. I was also unaware that Scapes would be unusable during the period as well. Trash.

I hope my times get saved when the servers are back online (of course the game doesn’t convey whether that’s a thing or not).

Mobius 1

I just golded the whole driving school, now have to wait for the servers to return to save the progress.

Time for the best screensaver ever.

Top Bottom