• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Ch 73 spoilers
I was really annoyed with having to go back to Agastia and save Orchis from Freesia AGAIN but at least Pommern's continued face turn is interesting.

Ryoukai

those angle weapons i keep finding are just good fodder for weapons right? any reason to hold on to them or level it up?

Yes, the only purpose of angel weapons are to level up other weapons. They are not meant to be equipped nor have any purpose in the future beside leveling up your main weapons.

Strimei

Just a heads up, there's 100 half-pots and 250 berries in your no time-limit tab, retroactively given for beating the tutorial apparently.

Also main quests up to 63 are free.

Just a heads up, there's 100 half-pots and 250 berries in your no time-limit tab, retroactively given for beating the tutorial apparently.

Also main quests up to 63 are free.

I've been putting off the story for forever (and I'm already in HL!) so this is great news for me. Now I can rush through it to unlock the chapters for the seraphic materials.

Gizuko

Is getting 2 xuanwu maces good for primal water builds?

Normal atk II sounds really nice, but the mace has low stats (for a lvl150 weapon, specially when lumi's axe has normal water atk up) and... I seldom hit damage cap. Small DA is just meh, too, considering 1-3 Gleipnirs used to be a staple.

I'm sure I can get some juice out of the weapon, but it seems the resources needed to uncap and level it would be better spent elsewhere.

Why are you getting SR tickets when you'll just be hoarding up on silver moons come gala time...and now I just made myself depressed.

Im saving draws to get Lucio...so do draw during any of those times, and elements are always good to have on hand from SR weapons. [SR tickets are really just 10 hosts of the Zephyrus etc raids]

Verelios

Good point, pretty cost effective if you're looking to spark.

Wonder if I really need another Fire weapon. I already have two in my pool for the bonus, so is there some kind of trade off for switching out a collo cane, or is this a stupid waste of time and energy? Might start on putting together some better wind or Earth weapons. Which ones from this event are actually good?

agc

Silly question, but I just downloaded this for the first time a bit ago and after a brief story scene, it's just sitting on a black screen that says Ready. Is this normal?

Gizuko

Good point, pretty cost effective if you're looking to spark.

Wonder if I really need another Fire weapon. I already have two in my pool for the bonus, so is there some kind of trade off for switching out a collo cane, or is this a stupid waste of time and energy? Might start on putting together some better wind or Earth weapons. Which ones from this event are actually good?

You usually don't want more than two normal atk weapons in a magna grid, so long as you use a baha atk up weapon. Baha atk up is normal modifier, so you can usually make do with baha wep + 1 normal atk weapon. Then again, colo canes are terrible, so I'd run some numbers with motocal just in case. Just keep in mind that these weapons are usually just placeholders in most magna grids.

As for the worth of this event's weapons... I'd rank them like so:
Mace>=Spear>>Katana>>>Fist. (Notice I have only ranked the normal atk II ones, the others are highly niche/situational and depend on your grid/characters)
First of all, primarch weapons will most likely take this weapon's slots when fighting on element with a baha weapon in the grid. Else:

Water really benefits from having one mace, since the most recent water unknown is HL-only, and Xuanwu mace can fill that spot (until you get one) while you farm it/rank up.

Spear is actually used a lot, it's the most common sage/sparta weapon for wind. It's just a placeholder when not MH, but you can use it while you farm that 7th tia gun. Wind's xeno weapon will most likely fill this spot though.

Katana... Can be used as MH I guess. Given that fire has plenty of unkowns I'd only use it as a placeholder while I farm canes (in other words, run some numbers but unkown will usually be the better option if you have an SSR baha weapon already).

As for the fist... Really low stats, and earth can use Baal axes or Vohu guns to get that normal multiplier. Not to mention Uriel's fist. I'd only use it as a placeholder if I wasn't using a baha weapon and couldn't farm Vohu guns.

Then again, I'm not too knowledgeable on fire and earth since I only just started those grids myself, so this could be comlpetely wrong.

I got a bunch of exp boost weapons , so how do use them ?

i mean , how is the exp boost used ? Should i use them to get a boost ? or should i equip them ? i kinda confused how they work.

I tried that , but i didn't see the boost in xp ? Is there a way to see what each boost does ?
Also the weapons themselves are worth more in exp than other similar weapons. Youll notice when you click them to upgrade it may say something like EXP Gained = 2200 EXP, but then once you do the actual upgrade, youll see that it actually raised the EXP by 2772, for example. Compare your before and after numbers to see the *boost*. Can also be enhanced if you have to get a GRAND SUCCESS.

Verelios

You usually don't want more than two normal atk weapons in a magna grid, so long as you use a baha atk up weapon. Baha atk up is normal modifier, so you can usually make do with baha wep + 1 normal atk weapon. Then again, colo canes are terrible, so I'd run some numbers with motocal just in case. Just keep in mind that these weapons are usually just placeholders in most magna grids.

As for the worth of this event's weapons... I'd rank them like so:
Mace>=Spear>>Katana>>>Fist. (Notice I have only ranked the normal atk II ones, the others are highly niche/situational and depend on your grid/characters)
First of all, primarch weapons will most likely take this weapon's slots when fighting on element with a baha weapon in the grid. Else:

Water really benefits from having one mace, since the most recent water unknown is HL-only, and Xuanwu mace can fill that spot (until you get one) while you farm it/rank up.

Spear is actually used a lot, it's the most common sage/sparta weapon for wind. It's just a placeholder when not MH, but you can use it while you farm that 7th tia gun. Wind's xeno weapon will most likely fill this spot though.

Katana... Can be used as MH I guess. Given that fire has plenty of unkowns I'd only use it as a placeholder while I farm canes (in other words, run some numbers but unkown will usually be the better option if you have an SSR baha weapon already).

As for the fist... Really low stats, and earth can use Baal axes or Vohu guns to get that normal multiplier. Not to mention Uriel's fist. I'd only use it as a placeholder if I wasn't using a baha weapon and couldn't farm Vohu guns.

Then again, I'm not too knowledgeable on fire and earth since I only just started those grids myself, so this could be comlpetely wrong.
Great, thanks. I'll pick up a mace and spear then since I already have 2 ATK+ Fire Unknown. Hopefully I can make enough to MLB the spear today.

Luigi87

Decided to start playing this today.
Granblue has always interested me, but I never bothered. I play a lot of Shadowverse and really just love the characters and settings that Cygames creates.

ohlawd

Decided to start playing this today.
Granblue has always interested me, but I never bothered. I play a lot of Shadowverse and really just love the characters and settings that Cygames creates.

don't do this to yourself, Luigi. save yourself!

or you'll end up like Lost!

ohlawd

^

I think this ongoing abuse from you is entirely unfair.

zXnLJ55.png

for real

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm at like 38k and it seems like the only way to improve is to grind omegas and coops, which is just something I can't do in addition to grinding events. lol

I feel like at the 30+k point, you have to decide if GBF is going to be your main/only game or if you are going to just play casual.

Ultimadrago

I'm at like 38k and it seems like the only way to improve is to grind omegas and coops, which is just something I can't do in addition to grinding events. lol

I feel like at the 30+k point, you have to decide if GBF is going to be your main/only game or if you are going to just play casual.

Casuuuul!

Definitely in the casual boat. No way I'm going to be mix/maxing anytime soon even though I have the potential to make a very very powerful dark team. (already got Hades, Vira, and Narumaya)

I enjoy the events and I don't mind farming to get 1 weapon/summon. But maxing them out is something I usually don't got time for.

Gizuko

So... Motocal keeps telling me to use my 1* Normtana and a FLB cerb gun on a celeste grid. Even at 1%hp.

I had read trium is pretty bad if not boosted, so this is just... baffling. I mean, sure, I need to kick those two 3* axes out of my grid, but... I didn't think using these two weapons while I farm oldtanas would be my best bet.

Is motocal DATA-biased or could this be legit?

TUSR

Banned
So... Motocal keeps telling me to use my 1* Normtana and a FLB cerb gun on a celeste grid. Even at 1%hp.

I had read trium is pretty bad if not boosted, so this is just... baffling. I mean, sure, I need to kick those two 3* axes out of my grid, but... I didn't think using these two weapons while I farm oldtanas would be my best bet.

Link your whole grid.

Gizuko

Link your whole grid.

One of those claws is still 2*, but I'm still leveling the FLB ones. I tend to use 3* ribbon as MH and equip an extra axe, too.

It just doesn't make sense to me, ribbon covers the normal enmity multiplier so cerb order shouldn't be that much of an improvement, unless motocal's way of calc'ing TA is iffy.

TUSR

Banned

One of those claws is still 2*, but I'm still leveling the FLB ones. I tend to use 3* ribbon as MH and equip an extra axe, too.

It just doesn't make sense to me, ribbon covers the normal enmity multiplier so cerb order shouldn't be that much of an improvement, unless motocal's way of calc'ing TA is iffy.

Rerun your numbers with Elysian DATA buff up. 80/30.

Any form of DATA will get over valued when you are running no buff sims.

What is your party?

Gizuko

Rerun your numbers with Elysian DATA buff up. 80/30.

Any form of DATA will get over valued when you are running no buff sims.

What is your party?

I ended up using 20% TA, so I'll rerun them with CotA later, I started testing for my Luchador build, though, so I'll have to weigh wether I want to gamble for a TA after conjunction.

I'm running Vira/Zoi/Zeta-Forte/Katalina, but my main concern is Zoi, who is hitting the cap and not DATAing enough.

Hanami Lamretta sounds awesome so I decided to burn a few draw tickets. Got excited when I saw an orange crystal but it wasn't anything special. Ah well. Hanami is awesome though, like the time we had a party in Ueno Park so big it made the news.

Hey sooo going by our ranking last guild wars (8765) Trick Room would just barely make it in to the bottom of the C League for the next GW (9000 is the cutoff). But I'm guessing that means there will be some competition for that spot (comparatively). Is this something we want to push for? Personally my water team is still absolute dogshit so I'm not sure how much I can help...

Top Bottom