• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy Relink gone gold

Draugoth

Gold Member
GChvQtAaYAAa-Ib

Granblue Fantasy Relink has finally gone gold, according to Director, Yasuyaki Kaji

“Thanks to your support, we were finally able to complete Granblue Fantasy Relink, which we have been developing for a long time”
- GBF Relink was 1st revealed in 2016!

Source

Flutta

Banned
“Thanks to your support, we were finally able to complete Granblue Fantasy Relink, which we have been developing for a long time”

And with all that dev time they could only squeeze out a 20h playthrough... def went through dev hell and back. Bet these devs where like "Finally we got rid of this thing, onto the NEXT THING!"

Last edited:
Any info on how long the game is?
I'm not sure I still have the patience for 80h jrpg campaigns.
Here's my comment from a different thread with regards to the game's length:
It will take players 20 hours to beat Granblue Fantasy: Relink’s main story and see the credits roll. To beat the main story and side quests, players should expect a runtime of 40 hours. However, it will take completionists 80 to 100 hours to beat absolutely everything the game has to offer. This is because, upon beating the main story, players will unlock even more quests, which will add an additional 40 hours to the runtime.

bender

What time is it?
Pretend I don't know anything about Grandpa's Fantastic Blueberries and sell me on this game.

Last edited:

Fbh

While my excitement for it has dwindled over the years it's still nice to see it finally be done.
Will definitely check out the demo though.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Snagged the deluxe edition last year. I hope this turns out to be a fantastic ARPG and a great start to 2024. I will probably replay it in May when it comes out for the Switch 2/RE-Switch

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
They are sending this game to die by releasing when they are.
Don't think so given nothing important is releasing on February 1st. Rebirth releases at the end of the month. And Dogma releases at the end of March which is competing with Princess Peach. Granblue has it's own following and will be fine.

The only games releasing within a couple days is Suicide Squad(lol) and Persona 3 Reloaded which is a re-release and will be on Gamepass so you technically don't even have to buy it.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Don't think so given nothing important is releasing on February 1st. Rebirth releases at the end of the month. And Dogma releases at the end of March which is competing with Princess Peach. Granblue has it's own following and will be fine.

The only games releasing within a couple days is Suicide Squad(lol) and Persona 3 Reloaded which is a re-release and will be on Gamepass so you technically don't even have to buy it.
No way…the people who know about the game and have been interested in it forever are going to get it, regardless of release date. This is a niche type game, there’s no chance that they thought this would sell millions upon millions of copies. There is literally not something similar that will be competing with it outside of FFVII which is pretty close release date wise, but that’s not swaying anyone one way or the other. Relink people are getting relink regardless, anything else above that is a win for them.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Pretend I don't know anything about Grandpa's Fantastic Blueberries and sell me on this game.

Download the demo when it hits sometime early next year, or you can download the free version of Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising and give the story mode a shot to see if you like the world and characters (you get access to the first 2 parts I believe out of 3)

But overall its the closest we old Skies of Arcadia fans will ever get to a new JRPG :(

Last edited:

Puscifer

And with all that dev time they could only squeeze out a 20h playthrough... def went through dev hell and back. Bet these devs where like "Finally we got rid of this thing, onto the NEXT THING!"
I mean likely because in 2018 after the fallout with Platinum the game was pretty much restarted. I'm not really shocked it took 5 years of dev time to remake the entire game

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
More time doesn't always mean a longer game. It could mean polishing what they have and making sure everything actually works well.

Perrott

Gold Member
The next thing: Project Awakening also in development hell since 2016 🚬

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
To be fair, as bad as it looks, that western cover is still miles better than most western covers of Japanese games.
I like the Japanese version better on any cover because it denotes more quality and shows an emotional/melancholic factor.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I wasn't interested in the game before, but thanks to my friends at Neogaf I already have hype... I have never seen the universe or why it is popular.... But I will buy it, when will it be released to calculate my savings?

But I will buy the Asian versión.

I wasn't interested in the game before, but thanks to my friends at Neogaf I already have hype... I have never seen the universe or why it is popular.... But I will buy it, when will it be released to calculate my savings?

But I will buy the Asian versión.
Feb 1st! But there will be a demo available this January if you're still undecided.

Edit: I'm so hyped that I'm getting a PS Portal to play it when I'm at work during breaks haha. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom