• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

As far as I understand it there will be a copy of your character on the PS3 servers if you delete it from your console and it should come back if you re install it. Progress won't be synced between PS4 and PS3 though so not sure why you want to go back.
I had been wondering the same thing that Tigress was. My main, and only reason for going back to the "classic" version was for friends that haven't been able to jump to the current gen version.

It would have been awesome to have continuous updates....but oh well. PS3 character might just turn into a "play" character....sell off almost all my cars and go nuts with all that cash...giving it to n00bs, constantly buying air strikes, assist choppers, things like that :DI don't think I could part with my PS3 version though....for some reason...

Tigress

As far as I understand it there will be a copy of your character on the PS3 servers if you delete it from your console and it should come back if you re install it. Progress won't be synced between PS4 and PS3 though so not sure why you want to go back.

Mainly if I decide not to renew ps+ but still want to play GTA online (it's the only game I play the no) at least I got a good collection of cars, an apt and an extra garage, and a tank. Yeah I lose what I get playing the ps4 version but what i have now is still a 100+ hours worth of playing to get.

Mistel

Banned
Mainly if I decide not to renew ps+ but still want to play GTA online (it's the only game I play the no) at least I got a good collection of cars, an apt and an extra garage, and a tank. Yeah I lose what I get playing the ps4 version but what i have now is still a 100+ hours worth of playing to get.
Your progress transfers over to next gen so you don't loose anything from one to the next.

Couldn't resist...watching some streams....I saw some neon lights under this guys car...can't say I remember those from the PS Triple version. He drove around for a few seconds, then it got blocked :( But lawdy lawdy, it's butter.

Those 10 seconds of almost no action was some of the best looking GTA I have seen. I can't hold my hype in, it's bursting out of me.fgasdrgopjerhhn topu23232323232323232323

SiteSeer

anybody else trophy hunting in this game? i need some partners in crime to finish off some of the multiplayer trophies. pm me if you're in.

Looks like passive mode is actually full proof now even when in a car, when activated you become transparent.

I may actually enter a 30 person lobby after all!

jsnepo

I always wished for Rockstar North to release an immersive mode where the mini map will be disabled for everyone in the free mode allowing for deep exploration. Imagine driving in free mode then see someone just drive past you. I know the mini map can be disabled but what I'm talking about is forcing everyone to have it disabled.

Tigress

I always wished for Rockstar North to release an immersive mode where the mini map will be disabled for everyone in the free mode allowing for deep exploration. Imagine driving in free mode then see someone just drive past you. I know the mini map can be disabled but what I'm talking about is forcing everyone to have it disabled.

Yeah, that would be pretty awesome.

But you can create games at least with willing participants in invite only servers (or if you really want chaos amongst randoms but that is if you really want a lot of luck and randomness being inserted into the "game") to the same effect. Well as long as you can get enough willing players (That you trust will stick to the rules the group sets).

I mean I've seen GTA used (or at least proposed to be used) amongst willing participants to do games such as manhunts where everyone turns off their minimap and stay in a forest and hunt each other. Or one person against many (I think the one I saw said they found the best rules was that the person had to stay within a certain limit, for them it was within the city limits, to make it fair. They also set rules that the hunters had to exit their cars to shoot the person. I think they also turned off labelling of players so you could try to blend in with the NPCs. They couldn't unfortunately turn off the "you can race another player" messages it gives you if you get near another player but not as big a giveaway as a name over your character).

Could do capture the flag missions as well that way (two teams, minimaps off, names over players off. I think they set up that the teams were on different crews so each team could talk to each other without the other team hearing the communication. With them they set up a hostage situation where they had to free the hostage so some one had to play hostage too. They also did one where one side was trying to grab a money truck from the other side).

You can have all sorts of fun with GTA (at least if you are playing with non randoms or willing participants) doing this kind of stuff.

But it would be fun if you don't have a lot of people to play with and have to play with randoms to have servers that turn off the minimap (well, more like turn off letting you see the other players on the minimap) and don't let you see who is another player (and also make it a little easier to set up games like this and make it so you don't have to just rely on trust that people are being honest).

Looks like passive mode is actually full proof now even when in a car, when activated you become transparent.

Yeah,I'm kinda wary about 30 person mode, 16 already was enough to deal with when most just wanted to shoot you regardless of if you were in the mood to get into a gunfight. But this would make it so I might show up a lot more (and then when I am in the mood for a gunfight I can just turn it off :) ).

Only a short 14 hours left.....!! My original plan of one day off for tomorrow is sounding like it could turn into a couple days...I'm debating it more and more the later it gets in the day..

This is very cool, I wonder if the passive peeps will looks like how the transparent cars look in the non contact races. Good to know You can now be literally in the middle of a warzone with no fear of being parked on top of.

Ted

A mate of mine has just text me with a few things he thought I might be interested in:

- Character transfers - Everything moves over, cash, assets, the lot.
- GFX updates - "Nice but not mind blowing".
- FPV - "Well implemented", "loads" of user customisation as to when you are in which view. Feels "pretty good".
- Animals - "None spotted as yet online."
- New Pegasus vehicles - There's a new monster truck with country flag liveries.
- Passive mode - works in vehicles/against vehicles ("you are essentially translucent to other players" as per non-contact races).

I'm looking forward to trying it myself in a few weeks.

Unrelated, Baron are you going to pimp the PS NGAF crew in the new OT or are there going to be new crews for a new gen (former is preferable in my opinion).

A mate of mine has just text me with a few things he thought I might be interested in:

- Character transfers - Everything moves over, cash, assets, the lot.
- GFX updates - "Nice but not mind blowing".
- FPV - "Well implemented", "loads" of user customisation as to when you are in which view. Feels "pretty good".
- Animals - "None spotted as yet online."
- New Pegasus vehicles - There's a new monster truck with country flag liveries.
- Passive mode - works in vehicles/against vehicles ("you are essentially translucent to other players" as per non-contact races).

I'm looking forward to trying it myself in a few weeks.

Unrelated, Baron are you going to pimp the PS NGAF crew in the new OT or are there going to be new crews for a new gen (former is preferable in my opinion).
Great news! Your updates seem about par for the course....though I was not expecting the new monster truck to have Countires on it! That's rad, gives the Liberator a break.

@ Your last point - YES! I just saw the OT not long ago, I need to go drop the knowledge of the crews. I will do my best, as I am stuck at work for a little while longer, and a recent "blizzard" (3 inches makes people freak out here...) I am busy at work...however I am getting out soon, as I am mainly making up my time that I will be missing tomorrow whilst I play GTA allllllll day :D :D :D

Also, I *think* I am going to try my hand at a new OT for online....I have not made one before....and I don't have a ton of time, but I love this game too much to not give it a shot. Plus, I don't think anyone else is going to...

Ted

Good stuff Baron. And by the way, where I'm from 3mm freaks folk out!

A new OT for Online would be great, give me a shout if you need any help with content.

A format like would work well IMHO (as long as you are happy to maintain the OP with updates):

Code:
--HEADER GRAPHIC--

GTA Online NG Console OT - [READER DEFINED COMMENT]

--STRAP GRAPHIC--

Published by Rockstar
Release date (new gen): dd/mmm/yyyy (mm/dd/yyyy)
Platforms: Playstation 4 / Xbox One 

Please note this OT is concerned with the console version. The PC version OT (modded to include superior graphics and additional content) will be available on release.

Also note the games is also available on Playstation 3 / Xbox 360, the latest OT for the OG version is available here: [URL]

--REVIEWS GRAPHIC--

Metacritic Averages:
[DYNAMIC METACRITIC LINK/GRAPHIC]

Reviews:[LIST - VIDEO][LIST - WRITTEN]

--SCREENSHOTS GRAPHIC--
Xbox One:
[XB1 SCREENS]

Playstation 4:
[PS4 SCREENS]

--PATCH GRAPHIC--

Latest Patch: nn.nn

--R* EVENT PLAYLIST GRAPHIC--

Current Event Playlist: [UNKNOWN]

GAF Crews:
[PLAYTFORM(S)]

[CREW NAME] - [CREW LEADER/CONTACT]
[LATEST OR NEXT PLANNED EVENT]
<--! repeat as required -->

PS - For banners, GTA font is called "Pricedown".

Mistel

Banned
Also, I *think* I am going to try my hand at a new OT for online....I have not made one before....and I don't have a ton of time, but I love this game too much to not give it a shot. Plus, I don't think anyone else is going to...
I don't mind doing it with you if you want. I was going to do if if nobody else did.

Ahhhhh time is not my friend today. Ted, what you suggested definitely over shadows my meager offering. Ted and StormTrooper, you two hash it out! It's all on you now. I hate to complain that I'll be busy till midnight, at least then it'll be game time!

Sorry though! I'll be happy to help otherwise if need be.

Ted

Baron, I'll put something together this evening [and PM you and Storm for verification]. If someone could create some header/strap/update etc graphics using the GTA style (otherwise these will take a little longer as I'll have to get Mrs Ted off the desktop!) it would be much appreciated.

EDIT - Claimed in the OT organisation thread.

Well whaddayaknow! It's out! If I buy it today will I find my PS3 brethren online?

I'm not going to be on [probably] for a couple of weeks on the new versions but will continue to play on the PS3 in the meantime, not seen you on for ages but I'm guessing that's because you're on your new console.

Everything transferred just fine, time to dive in.

I can't seem to find the option to switch between locked on targets though, very annoying.
Right stick doesn't seem to do the job.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Everything seemed to transfer, though I was only a level 12 character (but with the "we're sorry" gift money from the bad launch). Haven't redeemed the pre-order MP money yet.

Popped into a game last night with 3 other "NGAF" clan players, that I want to say was the original PS3 clan. Hoping to see a larger amount of players later today and going forth.

We should try to fuse every NeoGAF Crews together, because member cap was raised a long time ago, so we can all be in the same Crew.

What are the different GAF crews? I was in GAFStreet with my 360 version, but I'm playing on PS4 for current gen. Don't know what crew I should be in. But we Gaffers definitely need to stick together, it can be dangerous out there in Los Santos.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
What are the different GAF crews? I was in GAFStreet with my 360 version, but I'm playing on PS4 for current gen. Don't know what crew I should be in. But we Gaffers definitely need to stick together, it can be dangerous out there in Los Santos.

I seem to be in Gaming Age Family (NGAF) 201 members and NeoGang (NGAF) 312 members. Think the latter was started back in Max Payne 3.

Gaming Age Family is the PS3/4 crew. Anyone on Gaf is welcome, just send me a PM with your gaf name on the Social Club site!

I submitted my online transfer last night, and came back to it this morning. The first message I saw was "No transfer data found. Create new character." And I nearly shat myself. The next screen though said transfer complete! I did some minor tweaking on my character, and then went online. It's awesome seeing everything, all fancy-fied. I'll be bouncing between PS3 and ps4 version for a while till all my friends upgrade, so if anyone sees me on send me an invite!

waypoetic

Banned
I'm not going to be on [probably] for a couple of weeks on the new versions but will continue to play on the PS3 in the meantime, not seen you on for ages but I'm guessing that's because you're on your new console.

Yup. I logged on today to check some stuff out in GTAO and I noticed a lot of chugging. Maybe it's my PS3, maybe it's something else. A double tap on the down d-pad (larger minimap) made the game stutter a bit..

Yup. I logged on today to check some stuff out in GTAO and I noticed a lot of chugging. Maybe it's my PS3, maybe it's something else. A double tap on the down d-pad (larger minimap) made the game stutter a bit..

That stutter came about in the last update, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next one.

Gaming Age Family is the PS3/4 crew. Anyone on Gaf is welcome, just send me a PM with your gaf name on the Social Club site!

I submitted my online transfer last night, and came back to it this morning. The first message I saw was "No transfer data found. Create new character." And I nearly shat myself. The next screen though said transfer complete! I did some minor tweaking on my character, and then went online. It's awesome seeing everything, all fancy-fied. I'll be bouncing between PS3 and ps4 version for a while till all my friends upgrade, so if anyone sees me on send me an invite!

Just requested an invite to the Gaming Age Family crew. Rockstar Social Club name is same as GAF name, TangoAlphaLima. Not sure how to do a PM on the Social Club.

Cool, welcome new members! I'll get o all recent messages soon, had to take a short break and run some errands.

I have to say, I am in love with the first person view for driving. I've never felt more accurate weaving in and out of traffic. Plus seeing all those gauges is pretty badass.

Damerman

Cool, welcome new members! I'll get o all recent messages soon, had to take a short break and run some errands.

I have to say, I am in love with the first person view for driving. I've never felt more accurate weaving in and out of traffic. Plus seeing all those gauges is pretty badass.

hey , i can't seem to find you on the social club...

Ted

New OT title suggestions:

Banner-Header-GolfPatricia_zps6744a151.png

Banner-Header-WarisnottheAnswer_zps62f48e5c.png

Banner-Header-Beta_zpsbfa9b74e.png

Unfortunately this one is over the char count:

Banner-Header-ILoveYouAppropriately_zpsfcfb7611.png

Let me know which you prefer or if you're quick suggest another now.

hey , i can't seem to find you on the social club...
Try looking for my name without spaces. Or you can PM me here with your social club name, I'll find Ya.

I'm timing out when trying o join online, anyone else? I've been having issues with a new router...so I think it may be that..

Ted

After some conversation with Storm, we're probably going for Trevor actually (though campaign Trev not Online Trev):

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Ignore the bodies (and the absence of heists)

N° 2048

Having fun with crew members, everyone is super friendly, gives turns driving and flying. Pretty awesome.

After starting a new character I have to ask, what's the fastest way to rack up RP online?

After some conversation with Storm, we're probably going for Trevor actually (though campaign Trev not Online Trev):

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Ignore the bodies (and the absence of heists)
You forget a thousand things every day, pal. Make sure Heist is one of &#8216;em.

:(

JZA

Is there a thread for a PS4 GAF crew? Was able to see the Xbox one, but did not see one for PS4.

I'm mainly interested in getting organized to do either contact missions or survivals, but will do any of the other side activities during breaks. Also don't mind going bounty hunting with others in free roam.

PSN: So_Bluntnificent
Timezone: PST

Mistel

Banned
Is there a thread for a PS4 GAF crew? Was able to see the Xbox one, but did not see one for PS4.

I'm mainly interested in getting organized to do either contact missions or survivals, but will do any of the other side activities during breaks. Also don't mind going bounty hunting with others in free roam.

PSN: So_Bluntnificent
Timezone: PST
If you've not already mention it in the current gen thread then you will get added to the crew once Baron Von Beans gets around to it.

Top Bottom