• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V Steam pre-load is live

now with the pc releasing..do you guys think we'll get news on SP DLC soon

its been over a year and a half since the game came out so im thinking the DLC will be pretty huge

partyboy

Steam preload complete on my end. No hiccups, always maxed out my bandwidth. No let us pray there are no issues at launch. Steam only takes a few minutes to unpack a preload right?

One of the negatives about buying it on Steam. It will most likely take upwards of 30 minutes, given the size. No idea why Valve feels the need to completely encrypt everything with a pre-load.

MJLord

One of the negatives about buying it on Steam. It will most likely take upwards of 30 minutes, given the size. No idea why Valve feels the need to completely encrypt everything with a pre-load.

To stop people reverse engineering games before they're out most likely.

LilJoka

My friend ordered from cjs-cdkeys, their website states its a RSC key as expected. Since they dont get their keys till release, users are prompted to use a torrent to pre load today. Except that they are using the Steam preload torrent. My friend just wasted a lot of time! Im going to copy my RSC preload for him via USB tomorrow.

Valkrai

So when's the OT launching and who'll be making it?

Edit: There's also a big sale on the previous GTA games on Steam for those who don't own it.

Tainted

The RSC preload will take just as long to decrypt/uncompress surely ? They are roughly the same size

NZNova

I finally got my preload to work by downloading from an alternative source and letting the client verify it. That's after the RSSC client looping through repeated downloads of 700 GB of data to no avail. Thanks, Rockstar.

thinking about the DLC will continue the adventures of Michael, Franklin, Trevor...

i wonder if it is going to maybe be prequel stories

also i think im going to triple dip for this...gotta get the future dlc on pc..

KePoW

Banned
Goddamn, really? Sigh.

Yes, the decryption on such a large game takes forever on Steam. At least 30 minutes and wouldn't be surprised if it took an hour

A lot of times, I'd just rather DL it after launch so I don't have to go through the decryption process. Since I have a 175mbit internet connection anyway

Also I hate the decryption because it stresses out your HD bigtime and you basically cannot do anything else on that HD while it's going on (at least for mechanical drives)

bud23

new screens

gtav_pc_57.jpg

gtaplacehu.png

screenshot-exclusif-gta-5-pc.jpg

11114051_889721611068961_7654278335295773906_o.jpg

thinking about the DLC will continue the adventures of Michael, Franklin, Trevor...

i wonder if it is going to maybe be prequel stories

also i think im going to triple dip for this...gotta get the future dlc on pc..

I had no plans on the triple dip but here I am preloading lol. Yeah future DLC on PC here as well (if it's a good port that is)

Portman

So, has the iFruit app already been updated to work with the PC version now?

I haven't seen it update yet when I update the apps on my phone. I don't know for sure if it will need to be updated to support the PC since it uses the Social Club. Did it need to be updated for the PS4/Xbox One release? If so I'm guessing it will be any day and that the manual app will be updated too since when I was using it last night it didn't have the PC listed as a platform.

Saw this on Reddit where someone use the slowmo cheat to increase the speed of the PS4/XBO version to make gifs appear in 60 fps.

http://www.reddit.com/r/60fpsGamingGifs/comments/2v0u9g/gta5_using_the_slowmo_cheat_to_create_60fps_more/
god damn, makes it even harder to take seriously the notion that 60fps isn't the right fit for this game or that it looks too 'smooth' or 'gamey' with shit like this out there now. if anything 60fps is the perfect fit for GTA V

I mean look at this, or this.

Floridian

The fact that this game is finally going to be on PC in less than 2 days is astonishing. I'm not playing the PC version, but i'm excited in finally seeing PC videos for it. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Tenebrous

tears will be shed one way or another

There's no another, I reckon.

I've got a physical copy on the way (posting here as there's no OT yet), and I'm pretty damn excited. I didn't really enjoy GTAIV or SA as I did III/VC, so I'm going into V with some cautious optimism - Hoping for a return to my tastes.

There's no another, I reckon.

I've got a physical copy on the way (posting here as there's no OT yet), and I'm pretty damn excited. I didn't really enjoy GTAIV or SA as I did III/VC, so I'm going into V with some cautious optimism - Hoping for a return to my tastes.

I really enjoyed 5 but never did the online bits so that is all new to me.

This is gonna be the most modded game of all time. Anyone think otherwise ?

Maybe it would if Rockstar got their heads out of their asses and actually supported the community with proper tools. Instead of just making use of iCEnhancer for GTA IV when making an in-game film.

Valkrai

Meltdown. You can watch it in one of the cinemas after a certain point in the story.

I never saw Meltdown so I never knew about it. It's really obvious when they show Middle Park, that overview of Liberty City too.

Edit: Just saw the entire thing, that was really blantant.

ODDI

So, it's gettin' ready to blow
It's gettin' ready to show
Somebody shot off at the mouth and
We're getting ready to know

Top Bottom