• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V Steam pre-load is live

Nzyme32

Maybe it would if Rockstar got their heads out of their asses and actually supported the community with proper tools. Instead of just making use of iCEnhancer for GTA IV when making an in-game film.

Actually thinking about, following the whole hot coffee incident and the consistent usage of GTA as a scape goat for anything disturbing in video game land, I doubt they will ever officially support mods. They probably don't want any association with the disturbing / polarising mods being legally associated with the company or something they are responsible for

Valkrai

Actually thinking about, following the whole hot coffee incident and the consistent usage of GTA as a scape goat for anything disturbing in video game land, I doubt they will ever officially support mods. They probably don't want any association with the disturbing / polarising mods being legally associated with the company or something they are responsible for

Couldn't they just have their own version of Steam Workshop or use that with having them submit mods to R* for support?

This picture alone proves why PC is #1

gtav_pc_57.jpg

Those obviously flat clouds kill the shot.

I haven't seen it update yet when I update the apps on my phone. I don't know for sure if it will need to be updated to support the PC since it uses the Social Club. Did it need to be updated for the PS4/Xbox One release? If so I'm guessing it will be any day and that the manual app will be updated too since when I was using it last night it didn't have the PC listed as a platform.

The iFruit and GTA V Manual apps both got an update once the PS4/XB1 versions were released. They would have to push out updates again to allow syncing with the PC version.for the iFruit app and to show the PC controls on the GTA V Manual app.

Dinjoralo

That actually makes a lot of sense. Though I don't see Rockstar as the type to shy away from controversy.

I find it funny how Rockstar just gave a bunch of random GTA fansites one picture each.
"Now now, you each get ONE picture. You need to share them."

Nzyme32

Those obviously flat clouds kill the shot.

There are actually plenty of cloud types that are actually flat in reality or at least extremely an thin layer. That picture particularly reminds me of Cirrocumulus clouds such as Stratiformis. (Part of my degree was on Meteorology and Astronomy)

There are actually plenty of cloud types that are actually flat in reality or at least extremely an thin layer. That picture particularly reminds me of Cirrocumulus clouds such as Stratiformis. (Part of my degree was on Meteorology and Astronomy)

And as someone who lives in So Cal, those cloud formations aren't all that uncommon.
Though the clouds in that shot do look a little too flat.

Nzyme32

And as someone who lives in So Cal, those cloud formations aren't all that uncommon.
Though the clouds in that shot do look a little too flat.

Yeah looking at it a bit longer definitely give that impression. Perhaps it would be better in movement. Do any of the graphics card OEMs do cloud and wind stuff? Would suit a GTA game quite nicely I would think

Kadayi

Banned
Steam Store: This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 0 hours

Come on already

south-park-s10e12c01-cartman-wants-a-wii-16x9.jpg

Tomorrow is going to be the longest day ever......

how many of you will just be playing gta v for the first time, with the pc release

if you are i congratulate you man for waiting a year and a half..

the game is amazing

eiskaltnz

I don't know if this question has already been answered but can you move a pre-load around like any other game. That is, can I download the game on one computer then just move the files to my main PC and have it automatically detect it?

I'm aware that such clouds exist - I see them a lot. The clouds in the shot look too flat to me though. Pretty much just a plane with a texture on it. I'm speaking more on the clouds in the foreground to the right.
Wait, aren't we just under 48 hours away at this point? (I thought it unlocked at 4 PM PST on the 14th.)
13th.

Nzyme32

I'm aware that such clouds exist - I see them a lot. The clouds in the shot look too flat to me though. Pretty much just a plane with a texture on it. I'm speaking more on the clouds in the foreground to the right.

Yeah I posted later, I didn't look at the image close enough. I agree with you

how many of you will just be playing gta v for the first time, with the pc release

the game is amazing

Me! I have watched the first 25 minutes of the story, and I have seen a fair amount of the Online mode from 360 and bits and pieces of the PS4 version via some threads here. So it is pretty much new to me.

I noticed from the PS4 shots and trailers that reflections are pretty poor, and nonexistant in terms of mirrors - which is something that would annoy me to no end if playing in first person. So i'll be playing third person while I am on a crap machine and later when I have my new build, I'll go through it all in first person.

Qassim

I'm interested in how much a performance hit the high res streaming whilst flying option will occur. That has been one of the more interesting settings for me, just because it is rather specific, which isn't something we get too often in PC game settings - graphics options for particular scenarios.

I don't know if this question has already been answered but can you move a pre-load around like any other game. That is, can I download the game on one computer then just move the files to my main PC and have it automatically detect it?
You can move it only after you unpack it I think, it unpacks to the same drive that you downloaded it to. but you can move it just fine after that.

d00d3n

This will be awesome. It took some effort cleaning up my ssd:s enough to handle the 59gb, but it is now done. I guess the obvious downsampling in the press photos will require locking the fps to 30 or so, but that may be an acceptable tradeoff in this case.

Valkrai

Me! I have watched the first 25 minutes of the story, and I have seen a fair amount of the Online mode from 360 and bits and pieces of the PS4 version via some threads here. So it is pretty much new to me.

I noticed from the PS4 shots and trailers that reflections are pretty poor, and nonexistant in terms of mirrors - which is something that would annoy me to no end if playing in first person. So i'll be playing third person while I am on a crap machine and later when I have my new build, I'll go through it all in first person.

Wow congrats! I didn't have the patience waiting for the PC version. I got the 360 version at launch because I was too impatient and hyped for the release.

I guess the obvious downsampling in the press photos will require locking the fps to 30 or so, but that may be an acceptable tradeoff in this case.
Nahhh you don't need it to look that sharp and clean in motion. The IQ is amazing in those screens for sure but it's diminishing returns when you're immersed in gameplay. 60fps > all visual icings :D

the game is amazing

Haven't even as so much watched a mission online. Although, I am watching a video of dude playing free roam and it's bad as hell.

MetalSlug

the game is amazing

I only played an hour of it at my friends house when it released on the X360. So hopefully it was worth waiting all this time for the PC version.

d00d3n

Nahhh you don't need it to look that sharp and clean in motion. The IQ is amazing in those screens for sure but it's diminishing returns when you're immersed in gameplay. 60fps > all visual icings :D

Haha, I will try both in 23 hours I guess. 60fps would be nice, but I also have to convince myself of the benefits of my recent Titan X purchase by using up a shit-ton of vram.

Is the online any good? That is the only part I haven't played yet. BTW, does anyone know if characters from PS3 carry over? (probably not but figured I'd ask)

Xyber

Is the online any good? That is the only part I haven't played yet. BTW, does anyone know if characters from PS3 carry over? (probably not but figured I'd ask)

You can transfer your online character.

Speaking of nothing, installed GTA IV earlier and went to a strip club with Roman. When I decided to leave, he reeeally wanted to stay. He was stuck between this chair and table for almost 5 minutes.
http://a.pomf.se/qmmbwr.webm

I hope 5 will work just as good!

Valkrai

It's pretty fun but only with a group of friends (especially in Heists where 4 is mandatory).

If you have a character from PS3 that's linked to your Rockstar Social Club account, you can import it into the XBO/PS4/PC version. You can only do it once per character as well as the PS3 character still able to use. It also transfers everything except for Shark Cards that you bought.

CHC

the game is amazing

I waited. Had a PS3, had a PS4, chose to hold out.

Glad I did. Haven't spoiled much in terms of missions and locations either, though I've seen a lot of gifs, that's for sure.

You can transfer your online character.

Speaking of nothing, installed GTA IV earlier and went to a strip club with Roman. When I decided to leave, he reeeally wanted to stay. He was stuck between this chair and table for almost 5 minutes.
http://a.pomf.se/qmmbwr.webm

I hope 5 will work just as good!

Cool thx for info

Enzio

Just bought it... double dipping it is lol. Couldn't resist since I played it on PS3 before. Going to love the first person mode.

The prostitution mods for Bethesda's games makes me think it wouldn't be a huge deal. Hot Coffee was 10 years ago.

Tenebrous

the game is amazing

Apart from half an hour messing around on the PS4 version, I'll be going in completely blind. I know nothing about the story, and all I know about the characters is what was shown in the pre-release (PS3/X360) footage.

Looking forward to it!

Top Bottom