• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical upgrade mod coming to GTA V in PC.

anothertech

I can see the appeal of this to some, a grittier more realistic take on the city.

Still waiting for that mod that increases the atmosphere already there instead of stripping away colors, saturation and atmosphere though.

VisualV isn't bad but it's such a small jump. Hope someone figures out a much bigger visual upgrade.

Yes, because unless I name specifics about why I find it more impressive, it's preposterous to think the game is more impressive looking than Uncharted 4.
Precisely. I was having this exact argument with a friend of mine when we were playing Uc4 online. He said that Uc4 had better graphics and physics and my response was, yes Uc4 does have better graphics but it's a game where the graphics renders one place at a time and GTA5 has to do all of it at the same time. And I enjoyed the physics of GTA5 more than Uc4, I thought they were more realistic.

A massive world with amazing visual fidelity is indeed more impressive looking to me than a linear ride.
and you have every right to have that opinion. but objectively speaking? Uc4 does have better graphics - albeit because it has the advantage of being linear instead of open world. With that being considered, yes, it can be argued that GTA5 is the more impressive piece of work.

In terms of the actual graphics though regardless of circumstances, the character models in Uc4 alone are way better than GTA5.

Scale looks impressive. No of objects on screen looks impressive. Even just the number of different systems required to make it work and run alongside each other looks impressive.
i didn't make that post to start another argument.

GHG

My goodness some of you are a bunch of negative nancies. It's an optional mod, don't like it, move on, no need to get so offended by what you've seen.

I think it looks quite good in places, it's not perfect but mods generally never are. Will check it out when it releases.

rashbeep

Banned
Looking at the photo gallery the Redux "Original" preset doesn't have that awful tonemapping that he uses in the "Ultra" preset which is what I think the video was showing.

Still though, like so many mod authors who try to make graphical improvements he just takes the effects/colour tones to places of excess.

wbEMX

I'd rather go for Visual V, but the rain in this mod looks alright. Nothing to severe to complain about, except for the desaturated colors.

Looks fine.

But the attempts at verisimilitude with water/glass/metal reflections have everything too 'clean' so it ends up looking alien and overpolished. I get where they're heading with their attempts at weather/lighting simulation and the other materials look good, but when something looks too glassy it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Tagyhag

Can't see the pictures but the gameplay changes sound great, I'll try it out based on that alone.

And it does say it has tons of different presets for those that don't like whatever they're showing.

Some of those look nicer, but all of it at one is overdone and looks more stylized and less natural than vanilla. I'll echo that I would like if I could choose which ones to turn on.

JackHerer

The coloring is awful but the new textures and effects looks pretty good.

Edit: Some of the shots on the website with the original preset for coloring look pretty impressive. The new plant textures are really nice.

Concerned about performance though because even on a 1080 vanilla GTAV doesn't run totally smooth in areas with a lot of foliage.

PulseONE

Raise ALL the contrast!

Use ALL the Instagram filters!

It all just looks like a mess to me, much prefer how the original game looks

screenshot2016-07-07aqqubg.png

Quality shit-filter/bloom combo. True next-gen experience.

Is it like this on PC if you use a controller as well? Sounds like this might get me to enjoy GTA V more than I have been.

Gunplay's still fairly clunky with a controller, less so if you can run it at a high framerate. But the game lets you switch between controller and keyboard on the fly anyway, so you can use M&K on-foot, then switch to a controller when you get into a car. It really is an awesome port, which is even more amazing considering GTA IV.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
looks sterile and overblown, why do all of these types of graphical mods have to be so overdone on literally every effect? The god rays are so harsh for example in combination with the bloom effect, and its like they took infamous second son's rain system and dialed it up to like 11, even though it clashes with the assets.

Some more subtlety would go a long way

Elixist

The damn song in the video has been stuck in my head for like the past hour.

hah, evokes memories of Office Space for me idk why.

i think the mod looks ok, count me in the people who think the game already looks amazing especially the lighting.

Cromwell

Banned
As with almost all ENB type stuff I think it looks like shit and just totally distorts/dilutes the purity of the vanilla image.

My goodness some of you are a bunch of negative nancies. It's an optional mod, don't like it, move on, no need to get so offended by what you've seen.

I think it looks quite good in places, it's not perfect but mods generally never are. Will check it out when it releases.

Just like in every graphical mods on gaf. People are weirdly so offended by them.

eso76

An incredible amount of features, tweaks and overhauls.
I mean, some of that stuff is quite remarkable.

And yet, results are..."mixed"

rhandino

Banned
VQq2WSh.gif

Reminds me a lot of all those mods that added those luscious realistic explosions in GTA San Andreas and it clashed so bad...

Vintage

Lol, almost every single fan made "Ultra graphics" mod:
- too much contrast;
- bloom to max
- sun rays and lens flare everywhere
- instagram's color-correction

I admit that road textures look much better, but overall it looks like something I'd never want to play myself.

Is it like this on PC if you use a controller as well? Sounds like this might get me to enjoy GTA V more than I have been.

Absolutely :p The game is just plain more playable on PC. I usually wouldn't harp on this sorta shit to this extent because the argument can be made that a lot of games are more playable on PC (but I'm not gonna go there), but this is one game where there's stark difference no matter how you run the game - at low settings, at high, at 30fps or 60fps, the input response is NIGHT AND DAY.

Top Bottom