• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical upgrade mod coming to GTA V in PC.

Looks like every terrible ENB I've ever used. Overdone effects, shit-looking ambient occlusion and way too much saturation. VisualV already does a great job in the visual department. Enhances the colour palette and various other elements, so the game looks more pleasing, with a consistent level of quality.

Not a fan of the look, but to top it off modding this game is like navigating a damned mine field. try the slightest adjustment? Corrupted! Enjoy downloading 65gb again.

Not a fan of the look, but to top it off modding this game is like navigating a damned mine field. try the slightest adjustment? Corrupted! Enjoy downloading 65gb again.

Do you use a mods folder? Or do you actually install mods to the default directories?

Wasn't that PC footage in the video there? It still took me back to a dark, sluggish, unresponsive place.

Mouse and keyboard controls alone make the combat on PC far, far better than on consoles. Not to mention 60fps making it even more fluid.

Do you use a mods folder? Or do you actually install mods to the default directories?

Most of my mods are open IV edits, or were until I gave up modding it all together. I've literally never had a single one not corrupt my data yet. The other few I just dropped intothe main directory as the install said just like Scripthooker. I've never really even found a decent resource for mod management with the game or how anyone does it, it just seems to be however from mod to mod rather than having a standard.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
But there's already a gameplay upgrade mod that makes the combat fun, you should check it out, google it sometime. It's called "play GTA V on PC"; the mod removes input latency and makes it so that you can actually hit the things you aim at, it's really fun

On the PC or the Console I personally still think the last few GTA games have controlled like shit but a big part of that is the gameplay itself for things like combat is not very good. It sucks because Max Payne 3 was so well done in that respect, well aside from the constant mini cut scenes, however the base gameplay was solid.

Stiler

They need to port the Max Payne 3 combat to GTA V, don't know why they didn't base it off that, Max PAyne 3's gameplay just feels so much better.

Most of my mods are open IV edits, or were until I gave up modding it all together. I've literally never had a single one not corrupt my data yet.

You're doing it wrong then. You're meant to create a mods folder, then place a copy of certain archives (e.g. update.rpf, dlc.rpf, etc) in that folder, then mod that, instead of fucking around with your default files. Not sure what kind of mods you were installing that would corrupt your data.

You're doing it wrong then. You're meant to create a mods folder, then place a copy of certain archives (e.g. update.rpf, dlc.rpf, etc) in that folder, then mod that, instead of fucking around with your default files. Not sure what kind of mods you were installing that would corrupt your data.

Just texture swaps, but yeah never knew you could do that since some of these depend on replacing the file already existing.

heringer

I find quite remarkable that GTAV (on PC) is still the most impressive looking game ever made, at least in my opinion. I think Witcher 3 comes pretty close, but GTAV is quite something.

Some of the rainy day shots look pretty nice, but yeah, overall this just looks too... processed. It made sense for GTAIV, but it's kind of odd when vanilla V looks so spectacular.

I do appreciate beefing up the explosion effects, though, even if they're perhaps a bit too overboard. Always bummed me out that they look so wimpy.

looks fine, but doesn't look like GTA.
Rockstar spends so much time on their ambiance to capture a "feel" for an area... and part of that is muggy smog in LA, or myst slowly evaporating in the hills, or a blistering red/orange sunset...

When mods replace that with desert-like clarity or white-light sun bloom, it misses a lot of what Rockstar does to make some place feel authentic.

Here's an example:

http://gta5redux.com/resources/GTA5 2016-03-02 14-04-10.jpg

This screenshot is very high res, has nice texture, clear blue skies, and sure, it looks great. But it lacks the ambiance that GTAV vanilla has, and ends up looking like a generic Saints Row or some other open world game. Los Santos shouldn't have the dry clarity of a Las Vegas or Scottsdale Arizona.

CHC

I was excited by the feature list but the actual footage is way 2XTREME for me. Typically cranked contrast and weird colors - looks much worse than the base game.

Just texture swaps, but yeah never knew you could do that since some of these depend on replacing the file already existing.

There were certain texture mods early on that would cause crashes (especially 4K blood mods). Haven't encountered much of that now, though. The modding community has come a long way since release.

There were certain texture mods early on that would cause crashes (especially 4K blood mods). Haven't encountered much of that now, though. The modding community has come a long way since release.

It may just be an issue with old mods then. I did just try it again and managed to corrupt it again somehow but fixed it with a file verification. Only one left in there now which is open all interiors so hopefully that one will work.

Boss Mog

That rain looks horrible though.

I find quite remarkable that GTAV (on PC) is still the most impressive looking game ever made, at least in my opinion. I think Witcher 3 comes pretty close, but GTAV is quite something.

Um... Have you seen Uncharted 4?

Jackpot

Banned
Boss★Moogle;209395057 said:

UC4 isn't a massive sandbox game with dozens of NPCs interacting with each other and navigating the world in an immersive manner. If you want to argue the most photo-realistic game, that's a different discussion.

Dennis

Banned
screenshot2016-07-07aqqubg.png

heringer

Boss★Moogle;209395057 said:
That rain looks horrible though.

Yes? It's a fantastic looking game, but I did use the word impressive. The huge scale of GTAV coupled with the beautiful graphics are more impressive to me.

UC4 isn't a massive sandbox game with dozens of NPCs interacting with each other and navigating the world in an immersive manner. If you want to argue the most photo-realistic game, that's a different discussion.
the guy he was responding to said "the most impressive looking game ever made". He didn't name specifics about the game itself, just the visual fidelity.

Console GTA V to PC GTA V is like going from Killzone 2 to Modern Warfare where controls are concerned. And that single thing, in and of itself, is absolutely transformative to the combat. Suddenly you're shotgunning dudes with precision... while moving at 100mph on your Bati, and combat-rolling into groups of dudes with a pistol pulling headshots for days, with style. It's good shit. I dunno, I enjoy GTA V's combat a lot for what it is - it's definitely janky, but a lot of fun can be had with it. I used to think that the secret to making the game fun was the liberal use of explosives throughout, but that's before I picked up the PC version and could finally aim a damn gun with some consistency.

Is it like this on PC if you use a controller as well? Sounds like this might get me to enjoy GTA V more than I have been.

heringer

the guy he was responding to said "the most impressive looking game ever made". He didn't name specifics about the game itself, just the visual fidelity.

Yes, because unless I name specifics about why I find it more impressive, it's preposterous to think the game is more impressive looking than Uncharted 4.

A massive world with amazing visual fidelity is indeed more impressive looking to me than a linear ride.

Jackpot

Banned

Scale looks impressive. No of objects on screen looks impressive. Even just the number of different systems required to make it work and run alongside each other looks impressive.

AU Tiger

I think aside from some of those ENB/lightning choices, most of the list looks pretty awesome.

The game looks too clean and not as nice without all the smog and atmospheric stuff going on.

Assuming you can edit/turn off the sweetfx and enb stuff, this sounds like something I would enjoy and maybe get me to actually play the game for once.
I spent all my time in witcher 3

psn

No, ty. Vanilla looks much better imo.

Sadly, the game has a serious cheater problem on PC.... mostly playing on my ps4 because of that.

Top Bottom