• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

Waddles is sooooo adorable. Can't wait for Saturday.

So freaking adorable.

tumblr_m74zvcNvGs1qfcvaio1_500.gif

S1e16_getting_the_spot_Waddles_can_never_reach.gif

Huh...no one posted about the new episode. Guess I'll go first...

1. Liked the
Tales from the Crypt-esque presentation
Also, the
Sauron
reference was a nice touch.
2. I noticed in this episode,
a lot of sex-oriented jokes tossed around ("butt being out of this world, etc...).
Kinda strange for Disney Channel...
3. The pig part
wasn't at all what I expected. Even the title card looked sinister. Not gonna lie; it was cute though...
4. The ending
was a trip, though the credits make it kinda lighthearted...

Other than that, a decent episode...

Excellent post and thanks for the warm welcome. Seeing your perspective on Dipper x Wendy made me feel better about their situation. :D

glad to hear it. If it makes you feel any better, I saw this on the interwebs a while ago, and was kinda shocked myself that I didn't notice, considering I posted the damned thing like three or four times as part of the season 2 promo...

BYPAXFj.png

also, this was finally made public:
tumblr_ncuhazBQtR1sbotlno1_1280.jpg

November 25th for 13.99 a piece.

Finally, brief preview for new episode on the 27th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h68hU7jAlQk#t=0

Looks to be a serious one if
Soos and Wendy are actually tagging along....

Hamlet

That was a fun episode.
Clay Day was the best segment of the episode for me loved all the little self aware jokes throughout the segment. Stop motion was also nicely done.
Neil deGrasse Tyson as Waddles was adorable as hell "Yummy yummy for my fat little pig tummy"
And yeah haha that ending took a dark turn. Make up your mind Mabel.

Chariot

I laughed so much the whole episode, every scene was so great.
And yes, the ending was ... something. This isn't even jerkish anymore, it's downright creepy.

e_i

"What? You think people animate these things by hand one frame at a time? I'm not a masochist! I use black magic to animate these things"

Hahahahahahahaha!

aett

For what it's worth, I thought the rest of the episode was hilarious and clever. I'm feeling better about the ending, too: Stan clearly says that his stories are made up, so I'm taking it one step further and considering the whole episode to be a "Treehouse of Horror"-style non-canon affair for Halloween. I just can't see
Dipper and/or Mabel being okay with imprisoning a man in a glass case for Stan's petty revenge and profit. They came off as creepy and uncaring.

ronito

So is this really the only episode we're getting this month?

It seems dumb to not have new episodes of the most halloween like show in October.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I thought the episode was okay, but a little lackluster.

So is this really the only episode we're getting this month?

It seems dumb to not have new episodes of the most halloween like show in October.
I think there's going to be one on the 27th, but this is getting messed up. :(

PaulloDEC

Great episode, I'm sure the fine folks at Laika would enjoy this. All those digs. I'm really glad Disney is letting the GF team get away with all what they've done so far.

Is that supposed to be Future Soos or am I missing something?

Took me a while too.
Remember at the start of that episode where Soos' mum suggests her husband might not be in Heaven?

Tizoc

OK this ep. had some creepy stuff in it, also Grunkle Stan is such a jerk.

Great episode, I'm sure the fine folks at Laika would enjoy this. All those digs. I'm really glad Disney is letting the GF team get away with all what they've done so far.

Is that supposed to be Future Soos or am I missing something?

Soos' granpa is not in Heaven :p

Ultimadrago

That latest episode was awesome. Nice to get more Grunkle Stan at the forefront, if only to introduce the
stories

Chariot

I wouldn't call it jerkish. There is being a jerk and then there is abduct and put somebody against their will on display for money.

Tuck

So.. That wasn't canon, right? Cause it makes Stan come off as a huge ass, for the sake of a funny moment... Actually, worse than that.

PaulloDEC

So.. That wasn't canon, right? Cause it makes Stan come off as a huge ass, for the sake of a funny moment... Actually, worse than that.

I feel like the rules of "Treehouse of Horror"/"Anthology of Interest" might apply in cases like these.

I'm sorry

The fuck? I'm gone for a few days and...(shakes head...)

How about something cute for those in GF-GAF creeped out by that stuff:

tumblr_nd1h8sN9bJ1qgg9vko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd1h8sN9bJ1qgg9vko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd1h8sN9bJ1qgg9vko3_1280.jpg

(Original Source)

It looks like it is from the guide to life book that was just released. I'm going to order it to see what's in it since it looks interesting and is a good price.

giphy.gif

Seriously, it's really neat. I ordered one for me, and another for the missus. Part of it is Dipper's "research" and the other is fun-little-games and activities by Mabel. The thing is also LOADED with secret codes and ciphers. While I haven't finished just yet, there is a disturbing lack of Wendy, while Stan and Soos each get their own little sections...(after all, it is a Gravity Falls product...)

Still, not bad for 9 bucks...

daydream

Banned
Really enjoyed the last episode. Was that this year's halloween thing? Certainly would feel appropriate especially with the creepy ending.

The fuck? I'm gone for a few days and...(shakes head...)

How about something cute for those in GF-GAF creeped out by that stuff:

tumblr_nd1h8sN9bJ1qgg9vko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd1h8sN9bJ1qgg9vko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd1h8sN9bJ1qgg9vko3_1280.jpg

(Original Source)

Dammnnnnn, I love that art style, for some reason it reminds me of The Iron Giant :eek:

It makes me want a Gravity Falls all-out feature-length movie in this visual style, with a slightly older teenage Dipper and Mabel returning to the town for a 'reunion' at the Mystery Shack but some big eldritch baddie just happens to be stalking the woods...

No you're not.

ExYK8FT.gif

RetroMG

So I grabbed the first season of this the other day on GAF's recommendation. My wife and I love Phineas and Ferb so I thought we would give it a try.

We are not disappointed. We powered through about half of the first season yesterday (we got up to the pool episode) and we'll probably watch more tonight.

So I grabbed the first season of this the other day on GAF's recommendation. My wife and I love Phineas and Ferb so I thought we would give it a try.

We are not disappointed. We powered through about half of the first season yesterday (we got up to the pool episode) and we'll probably watch more tonight.

First,

Joker-batman-arkham-asylum-8528878-975-1024.jpg

Really enjoyed the last episode. Was that this year's halloween thing? Certainly would feel appropriate especially with the creepy ending.

I think so, even though there's another episode on the 27th...

I'm not sure I get that comic about Wendy's backside, but it's cute nonetheless. The comic that is, not Wendy's butt.

Nah, you got it. He tries to lift her for the hell of it, and he gets squashed under her weight. It just reminded me of the silly things my gf and I share (she's half my size...)

Dammnnnnn, I love that art style, for some reason it reminds me of The Iron Giant :eek:

It makes me want a Gravity Falls all-out feature-length movie in this visual style, with a slightly older teenage Dipper and Mabel returning to the town for a 'reunion' at the Mystery Shack but some big eldritch baddie just happens to be stalking the woods...

I like this...until the eldritch part. Sorry, but IMHO, too many things get dragged into Lovecraftian territory. I always use the Splatterhouse and its reboot as an example; the story goes from Poltergeist to From Beyond, which kinda dragged it down for me... I hope the GF crew comes up with an ultimate evil that doesn't stem from this..

New trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMncusOrL1w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom