• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great news Justin Timberlake fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've heard of his new song ("Bringin Sexy Back") is really shitty. And that album title is really embarassing... does he think he is Prince now?

I'm still looking forward to the album (JT + Timbo + Nelly Furtado? Sign me up), but my expectations are a bit lower now than they were before...

Kevtones

Incognito: a break in the trend?

Bush approval dips
Bush approval dips
Bush approval dips
Bush treachery
Bush approval dips
Bush approval dips
Bush impeachment
Bush approval dips
Justin Timberlake album!!
Bush approval dips
Bush approval dips

PS His album will suck.

ahem...

http://popmuse.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/07/sexy_jt.html#comments <--- single here (mp3 or stream)

Justin Is Bringing It Back...
Justin returns with his brand new album, FutureSex/LoveSounds on September 12, 2006 featuring his first single, "SexyBack " Request "SexyBack" on your local radio station now. Look for the brand new video to premiere on MTV later this month!

FutureSex/LoveSounds includes production by Timbaland, JAWBreakers, Rick Rubin, and Justin himself.

jt_cover_0626lores.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Song sucks.

Memles

I am so very confused as to why he insists on making his voice sound like this. His voice is not terrible. When the song hits the end of its chorus it's catchy for about 15 seconds...and then the rest of it is just not nearly catchy enough. With stuff like this, I want catchy; I don't need genius, I just want catchy. And this seems unable to find its potential. The album title is also embarassing.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am a closet JT fan as well. But in the long delay between album #1 and #2, I was thinking that it had a huge chance of sucking. I haven't heard the single. Hopefully it is better than people are saying.

dskillzhtown said:
I am a closet JT fan as well. But in the long delay between album #1 and #2, I was thinking that it had a huge chance of sucking. I haven't heard the single. Hopefully it is better than people are saying.

It is. Remember this is GAF. I can't wait for a mix up of this and some older Brit stuff. <3

Memles

To be fair his first single from Justified sucked too, while Cry Me a River and Rock Your Body were much better.

im glad the 'tunes won't be contributing to his next album.. their recycled beats are getting real old (plus i hear they steal tracks from teenage bedroom producers)...

Memles

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Hold on, hold on.... The album is called "Sexy Back"? WTF. Talk about a shitty title.

No no. The album is called "FutureSex/LoveSounds". The single is SexyBack.

I don't know which is worse.

reeche

Banned
Timberlake said:
"The best way I can describe that song is say David Bowie and David Byrne decided to do a cover of James Brown's Sex Machine.

He's a good name dropper but that song has about as much to do with the spirit of James Brown as a Britney Spears Track and I'm sure that comment would get an eye roll from a David Bryne fan also. I catch some of the more Euro Bowie influence although I liked it better when Bowie was doing it.

As far as the countless Jackson and Wonder imitators that have passed through the scene, I'd rank Timberlake somewhere slightly above average. He's not really my cup of tea but some of his songs from that prior album weren't bad.

"I'm bringing sexy back, them other boys don't know how to act", however, is a lyric that won't be spending any time on my ipod. I would be embarrassed if someone caught me listening to that track :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:
im glad the 'tunes won't be contributing to his next album.. their recycled beats are getting real old (plus i hear they steal tracks from teenage bedroom producers)...

But I think Neptunes' style fit JT perfectly.

Mau ®

The song is pretty cool IMO.

And since GAF hates it you can expect to see it top the charts in the near future.

His new album is gonna be hot!

I'm not ashamed to say it, I really like Rock Your Body. Cry Me A River is pretty good too, and alot of N*Sync's old songs, even though for the most part the lyrics are totaly vapid, are still good sounding songs. If it sounds good or has a good groove it shouldn't matter who sings it.

So is this new album on iTunes or something? I'm curious as to what it sounds like...

WordAssassin said:
I'm not ashamed to say it, I really like Rock Your Body. Cry Me A River is pretty good too, and alot of N*Sync's old songs, even though for the most part the lyrics are totaly vapid, are still good sounding songs. If it sounds good or has a good groove it shouldn't matter who sings it.

So is this new album on iTunes or something? I'm curious as to what it sounds like...

Check out post #15.

gimmmick

sp0rsk said:
I secretly liked justified so...yeah...

Same here. It's a great album and had a Michael Jackson Off the Wall experience to it. Who knows if this person is going to be the next thing to hit the pop scene, but the album was solid imo.

Nick

He looks so hot in that new pic. He should keep this shaved scruffy look.

(His music on the other hand...)

krypt0nian said:
Check out post #15.
Wow, I'm blind.

What the **** did they do to his voice? I'm all for the use of vocorder effects (4:2:Five use them aLOT in "Unstoppable") but for him... it just sounds bad. The guy has a good voice... why did they much it up so much?

The song itself... I can't get into it because of the massive tweaking they did with his voice. It just sounds so weird, it totally takes me out of the song. It hardly even sounds like him...

Mason

Yeah I would never admit to liking JT in public but I heard the new track on Sirius tonight and I was really digging it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom