• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great news Justin Timberlake fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty

Banned
Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:
im glad the 'tunes won't be contributing to his next album.. their recycled beats are getting real old (plus i hear they steal tracks from teenage bedroom producers)...

to be fair, the neptunes produced "rump shaker" when they were teens only to have teddy riley steal it from them.

Mason

Just FYI, the whole album (at least in some form) has leaked....

Every website has a different track listing so who knows if what has leaked is the final retail or what.

BlizzyAzz

That seems to be the retail listing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H305U0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

1. Futuresex/Lovesound
2. Sexyback - Timbaland, Justin Timberlake
3. Sexy Ladies/Let Me Talk to You Prelude
4. My Love - T.I., Justin Timberlake
5. Lovestoned/I Think She Knows Interlude
6. What Goes Around.../...Comes Around Interlude
7. Chop Me Up - Three 6 Mafia, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake
8. Damn Girl - Justin Timberlake, will.i.am
9. Summer Love/Set the Mood Prelude
10. Until the End of Time - Justin Timberlake, Benjamin Orchestra Wright
11. Losing My Way
12. (Another Song) All Over Again

My favs so far 4,5,6 & 9 love the 80s synthies, Timbo is one of the greatest producers of all time!

FoneBone said:
I don't get the appeal of the single at all... sounds like generically filtered, atonal crap to me.

No you get it. That's about it.

Last crack from me in this thread I swear. That one was just too easy.

MIMIC

Banned
Did I already reply in this thread? (I'm too lazy to find out).

I like "SexyBack". It's upbeat, different, and was produced well (thank you, Timbaland)....it's just the video that I despise. It just has that "trying entirely too hard" vibe.

mjfor40

Um wow. Great album.

I am shocked and surprised at the quality of some of these songs. Great production overall.

That new single 'My Love' is gonna be a big one; I'm a big fan of it.

Wow, it's amazing what a little growing up and close-to-perfect production can do for your CD.

Snah

Banned
The album is out there...

Why isn't there more praise?

Terrific album. :D

I kind of wish that some of the songs that are pasted at the end (and are only about 2 mins long), would be full featured, independent songs. Some of them are DAMN good...

Especially for Love stoned and What goes around Comes around.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Snah said:
The album is out there...

Why isn't there more praise?

Terrific album. :D

I kind of wish that some of the songs that are pasted at the end (and are only about 2 mins long), would be full featured, independent songs. Some of them are DAMN good...

Especially for Love stoned and What goes around Comes around.

yeah seriously, that was my main problem with it (other than that one song with a bunch of rappers -- the only bleh one)

those "end of song" songs rocked

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Once I started listening to music I liked, I started liking music again.
..dude thats like "woah" deep.

JT is cool.

cloudwalking said:
Ah! This album owns me. I don't know why, there's just something about it that I'm loving! :) It's very good indeed.
Are u getting that tingly feeling in your stomach?

Nameless

I can never hate Justin Timberlake for the simple fact that 'Gone' got me soooooooo much ass..GREAT song.

I heard this slow song off his up coming album, don't know what it was called but it was good.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
what goes around/comes around is fantastic. i heart timbaland.

aol music news said:
Bjork is collaborating with Timbaland for her new album, the follow-up to 2004's vocal-and-sample-based 'Medulla.' According to New York's Manhattan Center Studio, the Icelandic songstress and the hip-hop producer recently recorded there, with Jimmy Douglas (Jay Z's 'The Blueprint') acting as engineer.

Oh. my god.

i did not know this
*faint*

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wow, I finally have a chance to explain how much I love this album and I'm so glad that every one here unanimously agrees that "My Love" is the best song on the album. It is without a doubt the best Justin Timberlake song ever. That beat, the melody, and the way the chorus lyrics are delivered...so awesome.

Chop Me Up w/ Three-6 Mafia = mother****ing HOTNESS.

I love the length of the CD for sure, but I think some of the tracks (especially towards the very end) are weak. "Until The End of Time" and "Pose" aren't great. "All Over" doesn't really belong in the CD -- it's a bit filler-ish, it ruins the flow of the CD -- but for what it is, it's a terrific song. "Damn Girl" is ok, I suppose. And "SexyLadies", while not super, the later half of it is AWESOME. If only it was a little longer.

But, considering that even if you took out 'Until', 'All Over' and 'Pose' this is still a solid one hour long CD. And just for achieving such an awesome CD with an hour's worth of enjoyment, I'd definitely give this album an A-. I'm not disappointed one bit -- this album is so worth the wait.

I don't agree that "My Love" is the best song on the album (and I'm not just being contarian). It's an excellent track, but I prefer "Future Sex/Love Sound." That song is killer.. the plink-plonk groove, the dirty synth sounds, wonderful. His vocal is understated but still great. "Damn Girl" is also better than "My Love," though I could do without Will.I.Am's part... "Damn Girl" sounds like a long lost NERD song.

Daymn, I'm surprised at how much I'm loving this album. Only sampled a few of the tracks so far, but I'm totally digging My Love and especially Summer Love.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Kola said:
can't believe that people are actually listening to that kind of "music". dear god...

Can't belive a frolicking moron like you had to come to this thread and troll it. Dear God...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The New JT Album....Is.....Good? I never thought i would live to say any sort of words like that.

I do attribute the being good to Timberland. The beats he made on this album are ****ing sick. The Collab's are great also.

Overall... Solid

btrboyev

lighten up.. you took my post too seriously...it is justin timberlake after all..you should expect to get some flack over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom