• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Day- ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré! |OT| of One! Two! Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistle

I'm a huge GD fan but as expected there are only a handful of great songs on Uno (mainly in the first half)... And I'd imagine the same will be the case with the next 2.

If they picked the best songs from all 3 and put them on one album, we'd probably have a pretty awesome album.

Ixion

old Green Day for me though was all about the attitude which is here 0%.

it's still decent pop rock though.

Well, that's basically what I mean by being less punk. It's definitely more tame than Insomniac for example, but it has some classic rock flavoring, which makes up for it to a degree.

Oh Love is a terrible single.

I don't like the concept of double albums or releasing several albums close together.

You can always make a better album by just releasing the best songs on one album.

Release the cut content later as a b-sides album.

I 100% agree. When all is said and done, I'm sure at least 2/3 of these songs will be good, which is a good amount of songs, but that 1/3 will make each of these albums nothing more than solid at best.

Putting all the best songs on one album of 18 songs could have made for Green Day's best album in a long time. Who knows.

Futureman

for anyone who is liking the new GD...

I think you should check out One Man Army. They just released an EP, their first music in 7 or so years, on Billie Joe's label Adeline Records.

one-man-army-shes-an-alarm-green-vinyl.jpg

so good. I feel Uno and this EP are going for similar goals and OMA comes out on top.

This album ain't too bad. The two lead tracks are garbage, but the rest is decent enough. Didn't have high expectations, so I'm happy enough for them to make some catchy tracks.

Also, given his recent behaviour, I'm not entirely convinced Billie (or the others tbh) has it in him to make another great album, so yeah.

I don't think releasing 3 albums is such a good idea.

They probably should have cut it down to 1 and saved the rest for box sets.

Controversial opinion; American Idiot's a stronger album on the whole, but the highlights of 21st Century Breakdown are stronger than Idiot's highlights.

I really, unreasonably love Peacemaker.

Futureman

it's up on Spotify for anyone who cares.

I checked earlier and it wasn't so I assumed it was one of those albums that would see a delayed release... guess not.

......................appropriate time to post that! Green Night tonight for a little listening party.

jtb

Banned
Just gave this a listen on Spotify. It's... meh. One of the things that was really overlooked with all the American Idiot political stuff is that it was just Green Day working with some really catchy hooks; the same shit that made them famous with Dookie (just with an updated sound and some experimentation). Like this is just... uninspired. I'm glad they're off their political kick because 21st Century Breakdown was a bit of a mess, but meh. Can't believe they thought releasing three album's worth of this shit would be a good idea.

Because it's not.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Uno is classic Green Day
Dos is going to be straight up Foxboro Hot Tubs (Most excited for this album, to say the least)
Tre is going to be "epic"

All of these songs are chill in my book, seeing as though they're amazing live.

Troublemaker is by far my favorite track on uno, reminds me of The Network days...

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
There is nothing I can ever do from this day forward that will further date my self than the time I walked into a Best Buy and bought a Green Day album on CD.

Ixion

Dos is going to be straight up Foxboro Hot Tubs (Most excited for this album, to say the least)

Yeah, I love the Hot Tubs. It's obvious that ¡Dos! will be the best out of the three albums (except for the song 'Nightlife').

listening to it now. I'm liking it more than I expected to after the single.

Green Day's fan site put up a poll asking for your favorite song, and these are the results right now:

ScreenShot2012-09-26at102331AM.png

'Oh Love' might be the worst single choice of all time. Granted, it still reached #1 on the rock charts, but that's because it's Green Day.

My two favorite songs are 'Sweet 16' and 'Rusty James'.

Seems like Jason White is a full-fledged band member now.

Which makes sense as a couple of the songs actually remind me of Pinhead Gunpowder.

My favorite song is probably Sweet 16.

Futureman

It feels more like a Foxboro album to me than any thing GD has done in the past (which is disappointing because everyone is saying that Dos is the Foxboro album). I'm listening to Warning right now and don't feel it's that similar at all. Billie still has a snotty, pissed attitude to his voice in many of the Warning songs which seems absolutely absent from the new record. The new record is too poppy/lacking in energy for me. Everyone says "Carpe Diem" is like "Suffocate"..... I guess it is but with 1/3 of the energy and a cheesy chorus. They said in interviews that they didn't want that Marshall stack sound and wanted more of a punchier, 60s guitar pop sound.... I guess I just don't dig it.

Nuclear Family and Let Yourself Go are probably my favs.

I will give it a few more spins.

zerotol

Banned
I'm surprised a record label would even agree to releasing 3 albums all at once. There's no money to be made doing this...

Glad I grabbed this for $5 on Amazon MP3, wouldn't have been pleased if I dropped $12 on it. Super-lame album. One or two alright songs and ten painfully bland wastes of time. Rusty James is far and away the best song.

Disappointing, but not unexpected. I was a huge fan in the 90s and I loved Warning and American Idiot, but I couldn't stand 2/3 of 21st Century Breakdown.

Not getting my hopes up for the second and third.

Ryck

It isn't bad and it isn't good, it's just kinda there. After hearing that song off of Dos I am thinking/hoping that maybe Uno was just them putting out a classic GD album to please some of the fans that have been clamoring for it, so that Dos and Tre can be a new sound and a new direction.

Of course this might just be incredibly wishful thinking.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I like, also listening to the FBHT ep is making me sad, it's so damned good...

Also.. holy fuck there was a side: B to stop drop and roll?????

GAH!!!!

That entire album was gold to me.

Seriously, I can't wait for Dos. They played a few songs off of it on BBC a few weeks ago (and totally let a few curse words slip through, getting them in trouble lol)

Most songs from dos really have that FBHT feel.

Snipped from BBC radio
Seriously can't wait for dos. CANNOT. i will keep saying that until november.

Ixion

Futureman

Uno has definitely grown on me a little. I gave it a pretty average "review" earlier... but I like it more now. It helps that I've blasted it a few times. "Oh Love" isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It could be a bit shorter I guess.

I'll check some of those Dos songs out.

edit: oh shit most of those are live/bad recordings. I'll just wait for the record. Lady Cobra sounded good though.

Medalion

Banned
I've heard the rest of the album a couple or so times

It's Green Day lite... the gain is down a tad but there are definetly songs you can call it Green Day and then there are bad singles released like Oh Love and Kill the DJ

Necrovex

Listened to Uno via Spotify.

The album was neither great nor bad, it was simply average. The greatness Green Day once had is gone, but this album won't hurt anyone's ears. The band will never have another "American Idiot" album.

Listened to Uno via Spotify.

The album was neither great nor bad, it was simply average. The greatness Green Day once had is gone, but this album won't hurt anyone's ears. The band will never have another "American Idiot" album.
Is that a good or a bad thing? I wasn't a huge fan of American Idiot and 21 guns was terrible!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Can't wait for the studio version of Makeout Party.

Also; Uno will be amazing to hear live. I really don't think they were able to capture the true vision in recording. Hope Dos doesn't miss the mark too, but the songs i've heard so far sound perfect.

It's almost fuck time. 40 days.

K.Sabot

It's Fuck Time has to be the worst song title of all time, and I wouldn't expect any more from Green Day these days.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Video from Irving Plaza

Stop When The Red Lights Flash sounds freaking awesome.

And wow, don't i feel stupid
Lyrics from Oh Love -- "Don't Stop when the red lights flash"
Funny how he had the audience sing that.

Dishwalla

Banned
In the wake of Billie Joe Armstrong's stint in rehab, the band has canceled appearances for the remainder of the year and postponed tour dates for early next year. The release of Tre! is being moved up over a month to "make up" for it.

From Facebook:
GREEN DAY CANCEL REMAINING 2012 APPEARANCES

DATES SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY AND FEBRUARY 2013 TO BE POSTPONED

GREEN DAY ¡TRÉ! RELEASE DATE MOVED UP TO DECEMBER 11, 2012

Los Angeles, CA – October 29, 2012 – Green Day announced today they will cancel their club tour that was due to launch in Seattle at the Paramount Theatre on September 26th and wind down in Tempe, AZ at the Marquee Theatre on December 10th. Tickets for these clubs shows will be refunded at point of purchase. Additionally, Green Day will postpone all scheduled appearances for the months of January and February 2013. New dates for these rescheduled shows will be announced shortly and previously purchased tickets will be honored on the new dates.

“Obviously the timing for this isn’t ideal, but Billie Joe’s well-being is our main concern,” said Mike Dirnt. “We are happy to say that Billie Joe is doing well, and we want to thank you all for the outpouring of support and well wishes that we have received, and we can’t wait to see you all again soon.

Green Day also announced they would move up the release date of Green Day ¡Tré! to December 11, 2012 from its original date of January 15, 2013.

“We feel bad we have to delay our tour, so to make up for it we want to give our fans the music earlier than we had planned,” said Tré Cool. “If we couldn’t be there to play it for you live, the least we could do was give you the next best thing.”

COMPLETE LIST OF CANCELED 2012 TOUR DATES

SEPTEMBER
28th San Francisco, CA The Fillmore

OCTOBER
27th New Orleans, LA Voodoo Music Experience

NOVEMBER
26th Seattle, WA Paramount Theatre
27th Kennewick, WA Toyota Center
29th Salem, OR Salem Armory Auditorium

DECEMBER
1st Sacramento, CA Memorial Auditorium
2nd Reno, NV Grand Sierra Resort - Grand Theatre
4th Santa Cruz, CA Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium
10th Tempe, AZ Marquee Theatre

LIST OF POSTPONED 2013 TOUR DATES
JANUARY
7th Green Bay, WI Resch Center
8th Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
10th Wilkes-Barre, PA Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
11th University Park, PA Bryce Jordan Center
13th Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
14th Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
16th Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
18th Manchester, NH Verizon Wireless Arena
19th Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
21st Fairfax, VA Patriot Center
22nd Philadelphia, PA The Liacouras Center
24th Providence, RI Dunkin’ Donuts Center
25th Portland, ME Cumberland Co. Civic Center
27th Quebec City, CQ Quebec Colisee Pepsi
29th Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
30th Cleveland, OH Wolstein Ctr. / Cleveland St. Univ.

FEBRUARY
1st Moline, IL I Wireless Center
2nd Madison, WI Alliant Energy Center Mem. Coliseum
4th Omaha, NE CenturyLink Center Omaha
6th Broomfield, CO 1st Bank Center
8th Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena

Kisaya

In the wake of Billie Joe Armstrong's stint in rehab, the band has canceled appearances for the remainder of the year and postponed tour dates for early next year. The release of Tre! is being moved up over a month to "make up" for it.

From Facebook:

Fuuuccckkkkkk I had a ticket to the Brooklyn show ;_; My friend who's a huge fangirl is going to be bummed

Ixion

Yep, nothing that will change the world, but I think it's a solid album. It's a bit harder and darker than Uno, which makes it a bit better in my book.

Favorite songs are...

-Wow! That's Loud
-Lady Cobra
-Makeout Party
-Lazy Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom