• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gregory Go Boom (Michael Cera)- Most Depressing "Comedy" Video Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

I know there's such a thing as black comedy, but even then I feel like this isn't it. It seems to be played straight and seriously aside from the awkward humor at the beginning. This is weird, especially since this was made FOR comedy week on Youtube. It's a bit long and I don't even know if I consider it worth it to watch all of it.

bananas

Banned
The only thing I can guess is that releasing a super depressing, dark video for comedy week is in of itself funny.

Because this video wasn't funny. It's wasn't bad. But Jesus...

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
That was so awkward and painful to watch. I had to psyche myself up to finish it. I like depressing shit for the most part, and I enjoyed the awfulness on display and now I feel really bummed.

It did a good job never making me want to date again. Two thumbs up, would watch again if life weren't an utterly meaningless, absurd, hilarious nightmare.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
thats supposed to be funny? is that some tim and eric styled funny? because that shit didnt evoke a smile at all

Dali

thats supposed to be funny? is that some tim and eric styled funny? because that shit didnt evoke a smile at all

I'm about half way through and I cracked a smile at

"I'll buy a can of gas."
"What's it for?"
"Gas!"

Other than that it's like watching a David Lynch film.

Alex

I liked it, twisted and oddly drew me in. Ending was abrupt but combined with that credits music left this warped resonance I kinda liked.

I assume the joke to the short is that it's for comedy week but it's the exact opposite.

That was so artistic it was clearly trying to redefine what we thought of as comedy.

I liked it as a twisted drama. That was an interesting character Michael Cera played. Music also reminded me of Silent Hill 2.

On my phone, so will defo watch this later but is it comparable to Todd Solondz? What kind of black/dark comedy are we talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom