• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 News - Nurburgring update (pre-E3 edition)

Hanmik said:
why not..? Microsoft put´s the new X360 out in shops this week or next week, they just announced it yesterday..
If MS announced a next generation console and shipped it the next week your comparison would apply. But the 360s is not a next generation console, the comparison is flawed.

No company will ever release a next generation hardware or a major game sequel without proper advertisments. It just will not happen.

Hanmik

painful fart said:
No company will ever release a next generation hardware or a major game sequel without proper advertisments. It just will not happen.

I will "bookmark" this remark till after the Sony show..
Just in case :D

AndyD said:
They said its available this week, vs saying November or whatever. I think he wants Sony to say "GT5! available this week!" and then the crowd and fans will go wild.

I'm sure that won't happen. Kevin Butler hinted at a "new project" (which I'm assuming will be in the form of a ad) and since it's going to be GT5 (with his Man Furismo Jive comment) I think that implies they will have some sort of ad campaign to get some international hype for it. It's a hot product that millions of people want, and with the proper hype, especially with the addition of NASCAR they can easily hype it to massive scales with the proper ads.

spwolf

BeeDog said:
I know you're mostly joking, but from a marketing standpoint, wouldn't that be disastrous? There has been no build-up for the game in the regular channels at all.

i doubt it will be released that soon, but even if it does, GT5:p did not have much of build-up either....

AndyD said:
They said its available this week, vs saying November or whatever. I think he wants Sony to say "GT5! available this week!" and then the crowd and fans will go wild.
The crowd went wild because MS gave all of them the new xbox not because it was being released this week hehe..

Mush

gillFTR said:
If we don't get a release date I will start crying.
I'm more than happy to join you.

image.php

Sirolf

At last i upload my promised video of the 908 on Youtube.
I will post the link in a few minutes :)
Sorry for the waiting (Dead BD rom drive -_- )

gillFTR

Mush said:
I'm more than happy to join you.

image.php

Im gonna need one if they don't.

What makes this 10 times worse, my best friend for the last week has been saying watch them announce a july 6th release date...I know it will never be true but he keeps putting false hope in me.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
gillFTR said:

Whats makes this 10 times worse, my best friend for the last week has been saying watch them announce a july 6th release date...I know it will never be true but he keeps putting false hope in me.
it's time you questioned your friendship.

TylerD

gillFTR said:

Whats makes this 10 times worse, my best friend for the last week has been saying watch them announce a july 6th release date...I know it will never be true but he keeps putting false hope in me.

Rule number 1 in waiting for GT5: Don't believe anything!

Rule number 2: Question everything! (20 tracks / locations) Premium tracks/cars?!?! WTF?!?!

Rule number 3: Prepare for disappointment that nothing clearly defined is learned!

Rule number 4: Honor thy screenshots and trailers.

I am going to be flying back to Oklahoma from Montreal today during the Sony conference. I expect nothing of great value will be learned and hope to be pleasantly surprised. :D

Classic24

Banned
to all you people bitching, please shut the fuck up...........you can feel free to bitch at PD after the press conference when they either do something gigantic and great or something really stupid:lol

Classic24

Banned
well kevin butler did say that GT5 is his next project after modnations..........so hopefully it just wasnt a line but also the truth...................:D

alba

Little is the new Big
dalin80 said:
goddamn almost half a million views on this thread alone, i hope gtplanet has some awesome servers.

I believe it'll crash, time will tell.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this but, we're having a live chat on the GTPlanet website and figured GT enthusiasts could gather together there to talk with each other while the conference takes place :)

*MODS* Feel free to remove if needed.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'll put it this way: if someone has to say, "Oh maybe we'll get more info at TGS" after E3 wraps up then I'll throw my PC out the window.

I don't want to wait anymore. ;_;

Issun23

chubigans said:
I'll put it this way: if someone has to say, "Oh maybe we'll get more info at TGS" after E3 wraps up then I'll throw my PC out the window.

There's always Gamescom. :p

belvedere

Junior Butler
chubigans said:

For my work PC's sake, I hope this is not the case.

:lol

dalin80

Banned
Sony asked folk not to show the cockpit view but obviously not everyone can resist. Read on another forum a guy ranting about how the bodywork has a whole in it and wouldnt accept that is a rear view mirror.

Top Bottom