• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 News - Nurburgring update (pre-E3 edition)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Kaako said:
Aaaah fuck this confusion.

ofny9.jpg

chubigans said:
We're already confused about whether or not we're gonna get confused again. :lol

I probably shouldn't let the cat out of the bag but.. GT5 isn't a "game" that is "coming out" per se. Its actually "The Real Zen Koan Simulator".

What does premium mean?
20 tracks or 20 locations?
Does the cartoon sun mean it is actually shining in Seattle?

As we're nitpicking the latest cam footage uploaded to dailymotion during E3 2012, Master Yamauchi will smile and translator-san will ask "Is there no damage if there is no damage?"

A collective sigh, "ohhhhhhhh".

AWAKENING

The best $60 you never spent.

I swear to fucking God, if they don't get a release date THIS YEAR tomorrow, I am returning my G27 and will never, ever buy a GT game again. After all this time and they're doing a closed session? GTFO.

BeeDog

CrushDance said:
I swear to fucking God, if they don't get a release date THIS YEAR tomorrow, I am returning my G27 and will never, ever buy a GT game again. After all this time and they're doing a closed session? GTFO.

:lol GT5 is the only game that can piss people off this much. And it's definitely understandable, I'm pretty much on the verge of not caring about the game at all anymore (yet I pop into this thread all the time :( :p ).

If we don't get any solid fucking information + a release date during E3, I'll probably plunk down some money and grab a 360 Slim and Forza 3. Gotta have my sim fix.

I really don't care snake. If they go up on stage again and go: "bada ba, bada ba, bada bada pa" with "features list" and don't SHOW me, Polyphonics digital will be the worst SCE dev this gen. Hire a freaking community rep.

BeeDog

CrushDance said:
I really don't care snake. If they go up on stage again and go: "bada ba, bada ba, bada bada pa" with "features list" and don't SHOW me, Polyphonics digital will be the worst SCE dev this gen. Hire a freaking community rep.

The worst thing is that it's freaking obvious that Sony don't dare to intervene in Kaz' eccentricities/megalomania.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When GT5 was announced, I only had one nephew. Now I have 3, one niece, and another niece on the way.

PERSPECTIVE.

BeeDog said:
The worst thing is that it's freaking obvious that Sony don't dare to intervene in Kaz' eccentricities/megalomania.
True. Well I'm heading to bed, tomorrow will be fun with both Nintendo and Sony. Sony better get a move on.

saladine1

As someon else stated, a release date is priority, everything else is just yada, yada, yada..
Although, showing a nice rally car going sideways up Pikes Peak wouldn't go astray..

santouras

JaseC said:
When GT5 was announced, I only had one nephew. Now I have 3, one niece, and another niece on the way.

PERSPECTIVE.
inbetween GT4 and GT5 Turn 10 will have most likely put out 4 Forza games. Really need something like this for GT5

Omiee

GT5 is gonna be pure profit for sony, i believe sony made enough money from GT5 prologue and gt PSP to fund the development for GT5

RiverBed

Banned
The closed doors event is because Sony's conference is later then they can spill all the beans. Do you rather have a closed doors event in the meantime or no event at all?

RiverBed said:
The closed doors event is because Sony's conference is later then they can spill all the beans. Do you rather have a closed doors event in the meantime or no event at all?

How about all information at Sony's conference?

I'd rather have 15 minutes GT5 than some Move crap.

santouras said:
inbetween GT4 and GT5 Turn 10 will have most likely put out 4 Forza games. Really need something like this for GT5

You really think Forza 4 is coming out before GT5? :lol

Also, please don't forget Turist Trophy, GT5 Prologue and GT PSP.

JaseC said:

PERSPECTIVE.
Congrats man! I got 2 of my own :D

Senua

CrushDance said:
lol you bought a G27 just for GT5? play some PC sims too

i actually think kaz and translator-san are gonna get up on stage and announce the release date and show a new (AWESOME) trailer.
perhaps that closed session might be for showing off 3d(move?)= implementation?
if not, sony has abandoned us and gt5 will never come out.

JaseC said:

PERSPECTIVE.

When what became the GT5 was first shown, i was a VIRGIN. Now i´ve lost count how many times i´ve paid for "favors".

The World Cup in Germany had not started.

I had just finished college.

Kevin Willis was playing in the NBA
Romário was still playing soccer.
Ronaldo was slim

Youtube was a niche website

PERSPECTIVE X2

Now, all in all, after five and a half years of waiting for the next GT, it´s finally here.
The expectations are so high, even tough i have a lot of things going on my gfrown up life and shouldn´t care so much for a game, but i´m just dying to know what it will be like.

For the last time before the presentation, make it rain Yamauchi!

KingDizzi

Banned
Got to hope that we will at least have Yamauchi come on stage and announce a release date, I also expect him to give at least some new details today which are then demonstrated tomorrow behind closed doors. Broken record here but if we don't get a release date today then just wow. We're getting a lot of 2010's though so one does hope it really will release this year.

Goldrusher

kazuma_pt said:
i actually think kaz and translator-san are gonna get up on stage and announce the release date and show a new (AWESOME) trailer.
perhaps that closed session might be for showing off 3d(move?)= implementation?
if not, sony has abandoned us and gt5 will never come out.
My guess...

on-stage: new trailer and/or brief presentation
floor: demo with fixed settings
closed area: full game to mess around with

KingDizzi said:
Got to hope that we will at least have Yamauchi come on stage and announce a release date, I also expect him to give at least some new details today which are then demonstrated tomorrow behind closed doors. Broken record here but if we don't get a release date today then just wow. We're getting a lot of 2010's though so one does hope it really will release this year.

F1 is released in September. October would be a nice month. :D

-viper-

Banned
Solid_Rain said:
Hopefully they reveal everything about the single player; that way I wouldn't mind them holding back on the multiplayer options.
How about.. REVEAL EVERYTHING?

This isn't a game like Uncharted 2 where you can be spoiled. They should just spill the fucking beans.

Melfice7

closed doors.. what are they hiding and why?! what could possibly be so amazing that they're afraid others will steal the idea.. sigh

im getting tired of pd's shenanigans

Melfice7 said:
closed doors.. what are they hiding and why?! what could possibly be so amazing that they're afraid others will steal the idea.. sigh

im getting tired of pd's shenanigans

From the sound of it, are they just wanting to hide the video of it, can they not announce what cars and deals they have on the game still?

BeeDog

Psychotext said:
I'm sure all would be forgiven...

...if they came out and said it's already on its way to stores. :lol

Yeah, I know. :mad:

I know you're mostly joking, but from a marketing standpoint, wouldn't that be disastrous? There has been no build-up for the game in the regular channels at all.

BeeDog

Psychotext said:
Yes, but that said, GT games don't exactly sell all in one go. They get most of their sales over a very, very long time.

I guess. But either way, PD thus far haven't given the impression of being anywhere remotely close to being finished with the game, so I truly doubt we'll see a surprise June/July release of the game. I'd love to eat some crow, though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
RiverBed said:

no, because the closed door event is on wednesday, and Sony's conference is on Tuesday.

You don't have a closed door session to show stuff that's already been publically aired in the conference. Therefore they won't be revealing everything in the conference.

Hopefully they'll show either a demo or a nice new trailer with final graphics/crash physics etc, and release date. Then the closed session can go into tiny detail about multiplayer bits and bobs thats too detailed for the conference.

Don't worry guys, we won't go home sad this E3! :D

I have a feeling... and it's.. MORE THAN A FEELING!!!... anyway, I'm 100% sure they will announce a release date/month.

mrklaw said:
no, because the closed door event is on wednesday, and Sony's conference is on Tuesday.

You don't have a closed door session to show stuff that's already been publically aired in the conference. Therefore they won't be revealing everything in the conference.

Hopefully they'll show either a demo or a nice new trailer with final graphics/crash physics etc, and release date. Then the closed session can go into tiny detail about multiplayer bits and bobs thats too detailed for the conference.

I just thought about this. Just because it's closed doors doesn't mean they aren't going to show the same thing that they did during the conference. It might just mean some hands on action for the press that they don't plan on showing because of side interviews with kaz, etc. Right? o_O

Hanmik

BeeDog said:
I know you're mostly joking, but from a marketing standpoint, wouldn't that be disastrous? There has been no build-up for the game in the regular channels at all.

why not..? Microsoft put´s the new X360 out in shops this week or next week, they just announced it yesterday..

-x.Red.x-

the day has come

GOD finally

I hope they pull what MS did yesterday

GT5 will be released TOMORROW!!!
and everyone here will get one with a DFGT and
everyone on NeoGAF

BeeDog

Hanmik said:
why not..? Microsoft put´s the new X360 out in shops this week or next week, they just announced it yesterday..

It's a console with minor internal modifications that don't need explanation. GT5 is a (I'm assuming) huge game feature-wise, and just dropping the game without a full feature blowout seems somewhat stupid if you don't allow gamers to digest the stuff. :p But who am I to talk, I have no idea how the behind-the-scenes stuff at Sony works.

Hanmik

BeeDog said:
It's a console with minor internal modifications that don't need explanation. GT5 is a (I'm assuming) huge game feature-wise, and just dropping the game without a full feature blowout seems somewhat stupid if you don't allow gamers to digest the stuff. :p But who am I to talk, I have no idea how the behind-the-scenes stuff at Sony works.

I doubt it too.. but it could happen. I saw some Lemans this weekend, and all that was stuck in my head after those hours was Gran Turismo 5. They had banners all over the place. So they have done some extensive Advertising already..

-x.Red.x- said:
the day has come

GOD finally

I hope they pull what MS did yesterday

GT5 will be released TOMORROW!!!
and everyone here will get one with a DFGT and
everyone on NeoGAF

What did MS pull yesterday? I honestly thought it was a terrible show... so I don't want to see that happen with Sony =P

AndyD

aka andydumi
brotkasten said:
How about all information at Sony's conference?

I'd rather have 15 minutes GT5 than some Move crap.

The closed one may also be a q&a which you cannot do at the conference. Its pretty ugly to have tons of bullet point lists up there, so during conference they may have a longish trailer showing some main things, but the closed session will allow for nitty gritty details and questions to clarify the small points.

And we need some Move crap. I for one am looking forward to some Move stuff.

AndyD

aka andydumi
phosphor112 said:
What did MS pull yesterday? I honestly thought it was a terrible show... so I don't want to see that happen with Sony =P

They said its available this week, vs saying November or whatever. I think he wants Sony to say "GT5! available this week!" and then the crowd and fans will go wild.

I am a patient guy, and was very patient last year and thought to myself that we will get some info or something. This hush hush bullshit around GT5 now is getting pathetic proportions. They promise 2010 date and then at the biggest gaming event of the year they do closed door presentation? wtf is that, this year it should be EGT5 not E3. I just want a firm release date so I can mark it on my calendar. Is that so much to ask? Is it?

Top Bottom