• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 News - Nurburgring update (pre-E3 edition)

Razgreez

SolidSnakex said:
Credit to DonZonda from GTplanet.

PS3 Engine cover setup looks mad. Reminds me of the already legendary Mercedes M156 engine cover + 4 cylinders. Should set it up so that it emits a growl when the system is turned on

markao

chespace said:
take any photos? I'd love to see it. Too bad I couldn't go to Le Mans this year. :lol
I saw it Thursday on an walk with McNish through the Audi Garage and hospitality on Eurosport. It looked like they had at least two set-ups (wheel+seat+monitor) and I recognized the Forza racing line + coloring.

So long story short, no I do not have a pic for you ;)

alba

Little is the new Big
End of July for me. Predicted that already a while ago but it seems summer is the best bet to fit with the 3D push.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Some good estimates here. Though I think July/August/September is too early. I think they want GT5 fresh on peoples mind when xmas time comes around. So I'm sticking with Early December or Late November.

Bad_Boy said:
Some good estimates here. Though I think July/August/September is too early. I think they want GT5 fresh on peoples mind when xmas time comes around. So I'm sticking with Early December or Late November.

I think they want Move and LBP fresh on peoples minds in Christmas time, and LBP2 seems to definitely be aiming for a close to end of year release. Plus Black Ops will be there too...however I think all three games cater to a different audience

spwolf said:
you think they would release it in their bigger market when most people and kids are vacationing? I doubt it...

It's GT5. Doesn't really matter when you release it. It'll continue to sell constantly and crawl it's way up to 5M+ eventually

spwolf

alba said:
End of July for me. Predicted that already a while ago but it seems summer is the best bet to fit with the 3D push.

a lot of countries in europe have collective vacations in that time... like italy for instance and their ferragosto during august... makes no sense to have high profile game release at that time for europe...

alba said:

Yeah, IIRC GT3 came out in the summer.....hopefully end of July or early August.

torontoml

With the heavy advertising at Le Mans I'm sticking by my summer release. The amount of money to advertise GT5 and not just GT when the game is still 4-5 months away just doesn't make sense to me. Most large advertising campaigns don't usually start until a month or two before big releases. I'm also brought to this conclusion because of that Kevin Butler MNR video, with GT5 being his next project.

~Kinggi~

Banned
offshore said:
If Wiki is to be believed then GT3 came out July 10th in NA and July 20th in Europe. Seems like perfect timing for GT5 to me.
To make an impact with the GT5 release date they really need to surprise with how soon it is, since there have been countless delays.

Menu from Le Mans

inwl82.png

29xzm9d.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Rz0NLS_-Q

Credit to Loeb80 from GTplanet.

spats said:
Not sure how I feel about the GT PSP-y menu. I want GT4's world map. :,(
We've seen several types of menus already. There's no telling what the final game will have. Those are most likely just something done quick for these demos.

SolidSnakex said:
Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlcSyLFFEU

Credit to Nanaki from GTplanet.

The smoke effects look really nice now.

Guess I was wrong, it does have a cockpit already.

You can see grass jumping off @ 2:03

THE:MILKMAN

Wow that video is stunning. The details are superb(the birds, the dust/dirt)

The sense of speed is perfect.

The most ironic thing is this 908 sounds much better in gt than real life.:D

THE:MILKMAN said:
Wow that video is stunning. The details are superb(the birds, the dust/dirt)

The sense of speed is perfect.

The most ironic thing is this 908 sounds much better in gt than real life.:D

:eek: Missed that

Also, 3D trees :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
gtj1092 said:
Fye in my area has a poster that says GT5 coming in July. Hope they are right:D
Man, how amazing would that announcement be? It would be the most amazing announcement in the history of announcements.

"Oh hey, that game that we've had for over five years? Yeah, its out in a few weeks. Booyah."

jett

D-Member
Needs more sparks.

:p

Looks real good. I hope that FINALLY we have a proper information blowout at E3 and not just some trailer and a playable demo. Define this damage and premium situation already. I don't like that most recent builds show a max of 8 cars per race, I hope that's not indicative of anything. 8 cars at Le Mans is kind of fail.

BeeDog

jett said:
Needs more sparks.

:p

Looks real good. I hope that FINALLY we have a proper information blowout at E3 and not just some trailer and a playable demo. Define this damage and premium situation already. I don't like that most recent builds show a max of 8 cars per race, I hope that's not indicative of anything. 8 cars at Le Mans is kind of fail.

Well, we've waited for a full fucking year for some clarification, we can manage 2 more days, right? Right?

No. :(

*cocks shotgun to shoot amar's plague-ridden birds*

evolution

Seeing all the improvements with smoke, and dirt/grass particles make he hopeful these improvements have been extended and taken even further for the rally mode.

Top Bottom