• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 out Nov 24 PAL/NA & Nov 25 JP HOORAY! The good times have arrived!

RotBot

Flo_Evans said:
So who do you think pre-ordered 1st?

xUCz7.jpg

I've had mine in amazon since July 4th. :lol

2qvfinn.jpg

November 6, 2009. It was $54.99 back then. I also got my release-day shipping for free because of the delay.

Still nothing compared to the 12-year pre-orders for Duke Nukem Forever.

Ashes

Banned
mrklaw said:
is the 200 page book thats in the collectors edition likely to be released separately? I've preordered from shopto in the hope of getting it early, but they only show the standard game.

There is the prima gt5 track essnetial guide or something... Ssx would remember I think.
I've preordered from Play.com, which usually comes in a day early. But if I find a copy at a stall I buy some games from, on the sunday before the release date, I'll get it on the 21st, and cancel my pre-order. The guy at the stall, usually breaks street dates, and just sells as soon as he has a copy.

RotBot said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2qvfinn.jpg[IMG]

November 6, 2009. It was $54.99 back then. I also got my release-day shipping for free because of the delay.

Still nothing compared to the 12-year pre-orders for Duke Nukem Forever.[/QUOTE]

Same as me. I canceled that order once the CE became available though.

Wazzim said:
That's pretty much the price for it in mainland europe, here in the Netherlands they go for 100euro minimum.
Damn, that's pretty crap. You should see if you can import from the UK, I preordered for under £35 a few days ago.

Gully State said:
I'm not sure where else I can ask this but is there a place in Los Angeles area where I will be able to demo GT5 with a wheel setup? In general I've always liked driving games (arcade style) but I could never get into the Gran Turismo driving series b/c the game never connected with me on dual analog. Prologue only further made this apparent. However, I keep getting this feeling that I could potentially love this series if i had a good wheel setup but dropping that amount of money without knowing the type of experience I can expect is a recipe for buyer's remorse to say the least.

polyh3dron said:
I was in the same boat as you and then I thought "ahhh what the hell" and bought a G27 with a Wheelstand Pro.

No buyer's remorse? My biggest fear is that I'll buy the setup and end up begrudgingly playing it or even worse just not playing it at all. With the wheelstand and a G27, that's $400-$500...sigh..

:lol ohhh Gamestop, how hilarious thy employees are.

Called Third Ave. GS, "Hi you have any copies of GT5, I heard they were shipping early" "You want to trade in Gran Turismo 5?" "No, do you have any?" "Let me check" *heart skips a beat* "No not yet" " Ok thanks"

Called 86th St. GS "Hi do you have GT5 release date as the 23rd or 24th?" "Umm what month?" "November" "No no, Gran Turismo 5 got pushed back till like January or February man. "

Despera

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
Called 86th St. GS "Hi do you have GT5 release date as the 23rd or 24th?" "Umm what month?" "November" "No no, Gran Turismo 5 got pushed back till like January or February man. "

*gulp*

Gully State said:
No buyer's remorse? My biggest fear is that I'll buy the setup and end up begrudgingly playing it or even worse just not playing it at all. With the wheelstand and a G27, that's $400-$500...sigh..

Buy a refurb DFGT. Use a basic desk. You'll enjoy it.

Despera said:
:lol Why the gulp? I'm 100% sure that GS employee knows nothing of what he's saying.

SmokyDave

I was having a much easier time with the wait when I didn't know the release date. Now I know it's so close, I'm struggling to think about anything else.

I have literally no idea what else is being released between now and March. All I know is that once this bad boy lands, I won't be playing anything else. I can feel the start of an obsession brewing and I don't even have the game in my hands yet. I've not been this hyped for a game since GT3.

I don't even care that I've lost my PSP Go with a complete GT PSP save on it. Fuck it, I'll earn 'em all again.

darkwing

gutterboy44 said:
:lol ohhh Gamestop, how hilarious thy employees are.

Called Third Ave. GS, "Hi you have any copies of GT5, I heard they were shipping early" "You want to trade in Gran Turismo 5?" "No, do you have any?" "Let me check" *heart skips a beat* "No not yet" " Ok thanks"

hmmm Sony PR, the Best?

Metalmurphy said:
Also standard veyron pic with different brightness.

6EaF7.jpg

Starting to think they modelled some Standard cars with more detail then others.

I think all the standard cars will be the same detail, it's just the Micra is a shit car no matter if you use 100 polys or 10,000,000!

Angst

Ashes1396 said:
There is the prima gt5 track essnetial guide or something... Ssx would remember I think.
I've preordered from Play.com, which usually comes in a day early. But if I find a copy at a stall I buy some games from, on the sunday before the release date, I'll get it on the 21st, and cancel my pre-order. The guy at the stall, usually breaks street dates, and just sells as soon as he has a copy.
Essential track guide from Prima

Not to be confused with the Apex magazine from the collectors / signature editions.

Konosuke

Pre-ordered my Limited Edition today and bought some Real Triggers for my DS3 until I can buy a DFGT. I've checked some stores and not one had something like a DFGT + GT5 bundle : (

FuturusX said:
How much are the refurbs - average price? My old GTforce wheel has seen much better days... :(

50-70 (at most). Find them on Ebay, etc.
I found mine at midnightbox.com though, those things are timely sales... mine has been working for quite some time now, and works perfectly.

MrPliskin

Banned
So my G25 has a niggling issue that bugs me.

I don't use the sequential shifter much, but when I do (which has only been twice so far) I've noticed that if I apply any "downward force" that it will somehow "slip" out of the sequential shift and move into 4th gear...it's kind of hard to describe.

Normally moving forward and back (to shift up and down) works fine, but if I get excited and give a "downward" press when I shift up to the next gear, it can occasionally move out of place. Think my G25 shifter is broken / faulty? I don't have experience with it other than this. Using the standard H-Gate works fine, I just don't want to use it until I get my wheel stand, since the table it's on is so unstable.

-viper-

Banned
SmokyDave said:
I was having a much easier time with the wait when I didn't know the release date. Now I know it's so close, I'm struggling to think about anything else.

I have literally no idea what else is being released between now and March. All I know is that once this bad boy lands, I won't be playing anything else. I can feel the start of an obsession brewing and I don't even have the game in my hands yet. I've not been this hyped for a game since GT3.

I don't even care that I've lost my PSP Go with a complete GT PSP save on it. Fuck it, I'll earn 'em all again.
How the heck did you get the money to buy all the cars? Must've taken forever.

-viper-

Banned
travisbickle said:
I think all the standard cars will be the same detail, it's just the Micra is a shit car no matter if you use 100 polys or 10,000,000!
The Veyron looks more detailed than any of the GT4 cars, although it isn't as detailed as any of the GT5 cars. Looks 'good enough'. Shame it's lacking any kind of cockpit vew though. Although it handled like shit in GTPSP, it would have been nice to use it on SS7 which looks perfect for any high speed car.

The Range Rover shown in the other page looks like shit.

I was hoping the Honda HSV-GT would be in the final game. Didn't Kaz say they were modelling it?

Ashes

Banned
-viper- said:
The Veyron looks more detailed than any of the GT4 cars, although it isn't as detailed as any of the GT5 cars. Looks 'good enough'. Shame it's lacking any kind of cockpit vew though.

The Range Rover shown in the other page looks like shit.

I was hoping the Honda HSV-GT would be in the final game. Didn't Kaz say they were modelling it?

As opposed to real life? :lol

TylerD

MrPliskin said:
So my G25 has a niggling issue that bugs me.

I don't use the sequential shifter much, but when I do (which has only been twice so far) I've noticed that if I apply any "downward force" that it will somehow "slip" out of the sequential shift and move into 4th gear...it's kind of hard to describe.

Normally moving forward and back (to shift up and down) works fine, but if I get excited and give a "downward" press when I shift up to the next gear, it can occasionally move out of place. Think my G25 shifter is broken / faulty? I don't have experience with it other than this. Using the standard H-Gate works fine, I just don't want to use it until I get my wheel stand, since the table it's on is so unstable.

I think they are all like that. The same thing happens to me when i get overly aggressive with my upshifts on my G25 in sequential mode where I push down a bit and kick it down into fourth. Just be a little more careful with your upshifts and that should really cut down on the times it happens.

After playing GTP lately I really do hope GT5 has one unified physics setting because it is kind of bullshit that you get the same trophies (in game trophies that I guess inevitably lead to PSN trophies) when having way easier physics. The F40 in arcade physics is so easy to drive in GTP but a god damn hand full on pro.

darkwing

gutterboy44 said:
After playing GTP lately I really do hope GT5 has one unified physics setting because it is kind of bullshit that you get the same trophies (in game trophies that I guess inevitably lead to PSN trophies) when having way easier physics. The F40 in arcade physics is so easy to drive in GTP but a god damn hand full on pro.

this would make sense

dwebo

gutterboy44 said:
Achievements ruin another perfectly good system confirmed.

MrPliskin

Banned
TylerD said:
I think they are all like that. The same thing happens to me when i get overly aggressive with my upshifts on my G25 in sequential mode where I push down a bit and kick it down into fourth. Just be a little more careful with your upshifts and that should really cut down on the times it happens.

Thanks for the reply man! Yea, I think I'm going to stick to the manual shifter H-Gate rather than sequential. If I wanna use sequential, I'll use the paddle shifters.

gutterboy44 said:

Eh, I think I'd rather just see them do a handful of trophies this way, not all of them. I don't think it's bullshit that some people can get the same trophies playing with more forgiving physics, since Trophies really don't "matter".

If anything, I'd say they need a good "Achieve a lap time of XX:XX:XX on [Track] Using [car] with Professional physics". One or two of those would be more than sufficient enough to separate the men from children in this game.

Either way, the trophy list is daunting enough that only the truly hardcore will get the platinum trophy.

SmokyDave

gutterboy44 said:
No no no no no. No. HELL NO.

Unless the only option available is Pro. In which case I still say 'HELL NO!' on behalf of all the standard physics players.

Who gives a fuck who unlocked what trophy how & when?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
-viper- said:
How the heck did you get the money to buy all the cars? Must've taken forever.

GT PSP lets you share at least 90% of the cars. The 10% being the Veryon and other expensive shit.

It's not impossible to get all the cars in GT PSP if you find someone with all the cars that are possible to share and grind the cash and days to get the dealers to show u for the others.

MrPliskin

Banned
I've been trying to follow this thread, but it's hard, so I'll ask again :lol

Have any of the folks who got it early talked about how transfer data works from GT5P or GTPSP?

Top Bottom