• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 out Nov 24 PAL/NA & Nov 25 JP HOORAY! The good times have arrived!

-viper-

Banned
a1m said:
No changing brakes or adjusting them, WAT?

Pic @ gtp
gRgRR.png

Angst

-viper- said:
http://imgur.com/gRgRR.png
I think the guys at GTPlanet are having a nervous breakdown. Jumping to conclusions all the time. Soon someone will say that we haven't seen anybody pause a race and hence:"You can't pause a race!!! How the hell will we be able to finish the endurance races??"

AdvanS13

Neo Member
Angst said:
I think the guys at GTPlanet are having a nervous breakdown. Jumping to conclusions all the time. Soon someone will say that we haven't seen anybody pause a race and hence:"You can't pause a race!!! How the hell will we be able to finish the endurance races??"
tis hilarious, indeed. i'm almost sick of reading this stuff...i want my own damn surprises. can't resist :(

Az

For all the people that keep coming in here asking for wheels and set ups. Let me make this quick trying to save you some money...

If you have to come in and ask for wheel brands etc. that means you are probably not crazy into race sims and have not been following it really close. If you are on a sort of limited budget I would recommend you get the Driving Force GT and you can always find deals for those around $80. Yes it's not a G25/G27 but it should be more than enough for the average guy wanting to compete.

Now for wheel stands. I built mine for about $30 out of 2x4's from Home Depot. If you have the skills or friends that do I would highly recommend it that way. I might take some pictures and post them for you to go by. Another way is using you computer table as a stand if your PS3 is not connected to your regular living room TV. Last resort is the ironing board but that can be a pain and should really be just a last resort. Also google cheap wheel stand and find the gtplanet thread which is full of great cheap ideas.

Final note, I understand everyone is super hyped for this and I don't want to tell you where to spend your money. But if you're on a budget this is the cheapest way to greatly enjoy this game and have money left for hookers and coke.

Cigol

darkwing said:
Sony PR confirmed!
Indeed; "Well, Spa is impossible suprise... So I think what I uploading is big suprise..."

And back up we go... :D

and have money left for hookers and coke.
Save some for a PlayStation Eye/Move Starter kit (for head tracking of course).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BSTF said:
The brake options only showed the changing of brake balance.

the earlier picture showed only suspension and then tyres. this later picture shows also brakes. So it makes sense that different cars have different options open to them. Maybe some don't allow you to upgrade the brakes and some do?

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
mrklaw said:
the earlier picture showed only suspension and then tyres. this later picture shows also brakes. So it makes sense that different cars have different options open to them. Maybe some don't allow you to upgrade the brakes and some do?

What picture?

I can't understand why there wouldn't be an option for the Evo since it's a premium production car, but would appear on other cars.

i-Lo

You know, I gotta ask that after all the super cars that deserve to premium models why would the milestone car, Veyron be left out as a standard model?

i-Lo said:
You know, I gotta ask that after all the super cars that deserve to premium models why would the milestone car, Veyron be left out as a standard model?

Seems like PD focused mostly on sports car and Veyron isn't one.

Piggus

i-Lo said:

They probably just ran out of time. It looks like a pretty high quality model though so I'm sure it will be "upgraded" to premium status in a later update/DLC.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
i-Lo said:

Perhaps they couldn't get enough time with the car to properly model it.

i-Lo

So there could be a possibility of premium model (perhaps the super sport version) or a free upgrade for the standard model as a download...

Piggus said:
They probably just ran out of time. It looks like a pretty high quality model though so I'm sure it will be "upgraded" to premium status in a later update/DLC.

Pretty much this

Goldrusher

mrklaw said:
video = Tuning Shop (where you buy new parts)
screen = Machine Settings (where you use & tweak the parts)

AdvanS13

Neo Member
JWong said:
Licensing issues too maybe? Bugatti maybe didn't let them inside.
not sure there would be an inside/outside license. if it's in, then they have a license. time constraint....guess we'll have to spam ps blog. not a huge deal for me anyways.

belvedere

Junior Butler
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Actually I'm not :lol

I seem to remember you had that avatar which is why I mentioned it :D

I was going to say.

:lol

Definitely going to have some Volta and ATDI of course, as well as Portugal the Man, The Cult for old times sake and some Slayer for the fast races.

Custom soundtracks will make the best game ever even better.

SmokyDave

I don't know if this has been asked yet (apologies if so) but do the standard cars have a 'template' cockpit like GT PSP? I'd be more than happy with that. I don't need a modelled cockpit but I'd appreciate having the camera in the 'correct' position. Neither bumper cam nor roof cam really cuts the mustard.

If not, I'll survive. I just found the fake 'cockpits' in GT PSP to be a really clever way around things, I'd hoped it'd be carried over.

SmokyDave said:
I don't know if this has been asked yet (apologies if so) but do the standard cars have a 'template' cockpit like GT PSP? I'd be more than happy with that. I don't need a modelled cockpit but I'd appreciate having the camera in the 'correct' position. Neither bumper cam nor roof cam really cuts the mustard.

If not, I'll survive. I just found the fake 'cockpits' in GT PSP to be a really clever way around things, I'd hoped it'd be carried over.

Afraid not duder.

SmokyDave said:

Yeah you'll just have to survive. :(
Also, i be slow. But not as slow as some other people.

SmokyDave said:

They don't have any kind of cockpit.

hurahn

Neo Member
Damn, this seems like it will be one peculiar driving game. I haven't been paying real attention until last month but it seems like there are a lot of weird design choices that went on. I can't wait for it to finally come out and see what the final verdict is. I hope the hype machine doesn't kill it. It's like when god of war III came out and then no one talked about it anymore. Well at least reading this thread made me reconnect with Grid and the "other" franchise and realize how much fun they are.

hurahn said:
Damn, this seems like it will be one peculiar driving game. I haven't been paying real attention until last month but it seems like there are a lot of weird design choices that went on. I can't wait for it to finally come out and see what the final verdict is. I hope the hype machine doesn't kill it. It's like when god of war III came out and then no one talked about it anymore. Well at least reading this thread made me reconnect with Grid and the "other" franchise and realize how much fun they are.

I don't really understand what are you trying to say. God of War 3... no one talking about it... Grid... fun... :lol

Omiee

why no weather in there with the time change =(

edit: man that looks good even in low res, imagine weather in there at night.
woow just woow

Goldrusher

SmokyDave said:
I don't need a modelled cockpit but I'd appreciate having the camera in the 'correct' position.
Actually "bumper cam" is pretty much identical to cockpit cam, just inside an invisible car.

It's strange the game doesn't have a hood cam though, as it would be the perfect camera.

Top Bottom