• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 out Nov 24 PAL/NA & Nov 25 JP HOORAY! The good times have arrived!

DieH@rd

Banned
BSTF said:

15qc68i.gif

G25's support won't be any worse than Prologue's will it?

I struck gold getting one BNIB for free and it was awesome in Prologue, losing the clutch would be fucking terrible.

reilo said:
If the G27 isn't fully supported -- and there is no way I will buy a wheel with a clutch and 6-speed manual and not use that -- would the Logitech G25 work instead? Or is the G25 just too outdated by today's standards?
The G25 is perfectly fine by today's standards. Still (much) better than the DFGT. It's just a bit louder than the G27 and the H-Shifter isn't that stiff, that's all.

drugstore_cowboy said:
G25's support won't be any worse than Prologue's will it?

I struck gold getting one BNIB for free and it was awesome in Prologue, losing the clutch would be fucking terrible.
How bad was it in GT5:p? And yeah, losing the clutch would be fucking terrible.

Travado said:
That lap was completely Arcade, I want my PRO physics back from GT Academy. :/

Is it confirmed that they've dumbed down the physics?

If so, pre-order cancelled, magazine rack tossed, etc.
I don't care about them limiting damage but nerfing the driving model is simply unacceptable.

All the demo builds that each had small elements of the game but never unified features really have become prophetic of trouble.

spats

captscience said:

I don't care about them limiting damage but nerfing the driving model is simply unacceptable.

All the demo builds that each had small elements of the game but never unified features really have become prophetic of trouble.

Erasing the years of work they've put into building the handling model? I don't think so.

ruxtpin

Banned
captscience said:

That's what I'm curious about. I can handle "standard" car models. I want my professional driving physics to be there though. That, all the hundreds of little options you can mess with when customizing your car.

Travado

captscience said:

No one knows man, but if he made that lap with ABS 2/10 and with traction control 4/10, imagine with both in 10/10. :/

He must had other options ON (skid recovery too), I think, but didn't tell us.

After using the DRGT, I don't think anything would be 'much better'. If any people asking about wheel are getting their first, get the DFGT and don't worry, it's 150 retail for a reason, it's solid and tight and badass. You will feel like a racing king AND you can spend that extra money on a new HDD so you can fit GT5 on there.

edit: my understanding of the physics so far is only that YOU don't set them, the game does it has nothing to do with them being changed. If you race arcade, it's 'standard' but if you race pro races it's pro phyics and the game set's it for you. This is what we have been speculating in our chat room but who knows.

TylerD

My guess is skid recovery force is the biggie when it comes to going from standard to pro settings. ASAP after I get the game I will be taking the 370z around Indy road course with all the aids off to compare it with the TT demo. I only did 500 or so laps on the damn thing so I should be able to remember what it felt like and compare it accurately. :lol

g27 profile buried in gt psp's code.

G27.STICK_BX1
G27.STICK_BX1F
G27.STICK_BX1L
G27.STICK_BY1
G27.STICK_BY1F
G27.STICK_BY1L
G27.STICK_BX2
G27.STICK_BX2C
G27.STICK_BX2F
G27.STICK_BX2L
G27.STICK_BY2
G27.STICK_BY2C
G27.STICK_BY2F
G27.STICK_BY2L
G27.STEER
G27.SIDEBRAKE
G27.GEAR
G27.SHIFTER_HANDLE_X
G27.SHIFTER_HANDLE_Y
G27.GRAVITY_X
G27.GRAVITY_Y
G27.GRAVITY_Z
G27.TORQUE_Y

no clutch? g25 profile mentions it.

other profiles: dualshock3, sixaxis, psp, gtforce, drivingforce, gtforce pro, gtforcerx, g25, drivingforcegt, g27

Orgun

marathonfool said:
WOOOOO...My DFGT is out for delivery. Should get my hands on it soon.

Nice one, it is a very nice wheel (it's my first heh). Got mine for F1 2010 but i'll be picking up GT5 also.

MrPliskin

Banned
BobTheFork said:
After using the DRGT, I don't think anything would be 'much better'. If any people asking about wheel are getting their first, get the DFGT and don't worry, it's 150 retail for a reason, it's solid and tight and badass. You will feel like a racing king AND you can spend that extra money on a new HDD so you can fit GT5 on there.

edit: my understanding of the physics so far is only that YOU don't set them, the game does it has nothing to do with them being changed. If you race arcade, it's 'standard' but if you race pro races it's pro phyics and the game set's it for you. This is what we have been speculating in our chat room but who knows.

You can change the physics for any mode in GT5: Prologue in the driving settings. You can swap between Pro and Standard, and turn on / off any assists you want. I think it's like this for every mode.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
g27 profile buried in gt psp's code.

no clutch? g25 profile mentions it.

other profiles: dualshock2, sixaxis, psp, gtforce, drivingforce, gtforce pro, gtforcerx, g25, drivingforcegt, g27
The clutch worked in GT5:p, but the paddle shifter didn't.

MrPliskin said:
You can change the physics for any mode in GT5: Prologue in the driving settings. You can swap between Pro and Standard, and turn on / off any assists you want. I think it's like this for every mode.
I meant for GT5. I know you can change it in prologue but it looked like those setting were gone from screens we've seen.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
brotkasten said:
The clutch worked in GT5:p, but the paddle shifter didn't.
Aquavelvaman said:
I never got the clutch to work in Prologue, is there something I need to do? Also I never got the RPM LEDs to function in that game...
Well, I'm officially holding off on getting either the G25 or G27 if I don't know for a fact that the clutch and six-speed manual don't work. It's probably a smarter final decision anyhow.

Az

Aquavelvaman said:
I never got the clutch to work in Prologue, is there something I need to do? Also I never got the RPM LEDs to function in that game...

I believe it works but that you have to activate it every time you start a race. Don't hold me to that, I used a DFGT in Prologue.

elseanio

Aquavelvaman said:

Press Triangle to toggle the clutch. Hope this is still in GT5 :(

edit* this is for G27, not sure about G25

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Aquavelvaman said:

I believe you had to hit triangle before a race/during a race.

plainr_

Those that played the TT demo with a G25/G27, how did it work there? Did you still have to push triangle to activate clutch?

commedieu said:

As long as that option is there in GT5 as opposed to removing clutch functionality altogether, then I can live with it.

I'm already used to pressing the Triangle button in Prologue anyway...

TylerD said:
My guess is skid recovery force is the biggie when it comes to going from standard to pro settings.

That was my hunch when the option first showed up
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23816703&postcount=5427

It wouldn't make sense to add this aid on top of standard physics. Something as global as 'skid recovery' is perfectly in lieu of how standard physics affected the handling.. not a sign of anything being dumbed down.

I know some are wont to freak out about a change like this but it seems like the practical choice to streamline skill levels. Especially for the SP campaign. But again, we'll see.

if he made that lap with ABS 2/10 and with traction control 4/10, imagine with both in 10/10. :/

Probably a worse lap actually, there's diminishing returns with driving aids. Even 1/10 abs (essentially on/off) 2/10 tc is enough to have a significant impact.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Nurburgring lap + BRRRRRRRRRR noise = <3

I especially love the yellow tinted glow of the sun inside the cockpit at some parts.

BobTheFork said:
After using the DRGT, I don't think anything would be 'much better'. If any people asking about wheel are getting their first, get the DFGT and don't worry, it's 150 retail for a reason, it's solid and tight and badass. You will feel like a racing king AND you can spend that extra money on a new HDD so you can fit GT5 on there..

Thanks...I guess I'll wait and look for a deal for DFGT. Now if there was a cheaper solution than the wheel stand for couch driving, I'd be set.

MrPliskin

Banned
BobTheFork said:
I meant for GT5. I know you can change it in prologue but it looked like those setting were gone from screens we've seen.

Ohh, okay. I honestly haven't been following the screens since I don't want to be spoiled. I've watched a small handful of race vids, but that's it, lol.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MacDee said:
Ugh, seriously? No clutch? One of the main reasons I /just/ bought a G27

I don't think its confirmed though.

People are basing it of of GT5P, alot of shit has changed since then, we need a person who actually has the game and a g27 to confirm.

Alucrid

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
I don't think its confirmed though.

People are basing it of of GT5P, alot of shit has changed since then, we need a person who actually has the game and a g27 to confirm.

That's gonna help determine which one I get. That would be crazy if they didn't use the clutch though.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Alucrid said:
That's gonna help determine which one I get. That would be crazy if they didn't use the clutch though.

That would suck balls. I just got a G27 for a great price though.
I had 35% off from logitech site, I'm happy with that.

Melfice7

g27 clutch and wheel button mapping is getting on my nerves -.-

anyway someone with the game should get a 370Z and drive around indy road course with N3 tires and compare it to the academy TT

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Prep you ass for the OT. Goldrusher, indulge us. And g35, I don't have the game. I was asking incase some user photos start popping up. I may go ahead several days before the release if things get heavier in the photo front.

i-Lo

The age of sequential paddle-shifting XD

Looks like if so issues exists the new DFGT will be the wheel for me. Just wish the accelerator and brake pedals had more feel to them.

Top Bottom