• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 out Nov 24 PAL/NA & Nov 25 JP HOORAY! The good times have arrived!

MrPliskin said:
Ohh, okay. I honestly haven't been following the screens since I don't want to be spoiled. I've watched a small handful of race vids, but that's it, lol.
yeah, not to spoil but it's been a big topic. If the setting are there then they are moved from the race options loading screen. If they are gone...then it gets interesting. I was just hoping they did away with standard phy anywhere outside of arcade mode.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Someone needs to make a GT online thread so we can organize clans and team meetings etc. as a car enthusiast I think GT will be my most played game ever. cant fucking wait man.

Alucrid

Banned
i-Lo said:
The age of sequential paddle-shifting XD

Looks like if so issues exists the new DFGT will be the wheel for me. Just wish the accelerator and brake pedals had more feel to them.

Shit, I forgot that this had paddle shifters. I'd rather use that if there isn't a clutch involved. Shit.

Linconan

-viper- said:
superb. there are no words.

edit: but that heads up display showcasing the player names and positions is annoying me.

the hud is already cluttered as it is, but that thing is going to drive me insane when i get the game, i'm sure of it.

Agreed.

I just hope there's a way to turn it all off.
Surely they will be, yeah?

What's the point of having a working dash, when you've got all the onscreen displays already ontop of.
It totally messes with the realism, to me.

Plus (i'll be), playing in 3D. It'll just look pointless.

Anybody in the know, know if?

Omiee

DieH@rd said:
15qc68i.gif
what is this from

Animal

Banned
Suggestion for the OT title:

OK so this thread is faster. Than. You. Can you confirm you understood that message?

gtmax

aFTER waiting forever is hard to believe it's this close. I think the next few days are gonna be the most exciting and after it comes out it'll almost be anticlimatic. You wait so long and get sick of it and the excitement is less after each delay.

A game delayed is a game denied?

I'd like to see some oversteer action to feel better about the game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sweet, I just found a Craigslist ad posted this morning, some guy selling the Logitech GT DF wheel for $60 practically brand new. I hope he still has it. This makes up for missing the Amazon deal

dwebo

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Now G27 owners like me might get screwed? oh boy :lol

Was going to say the guy is just trolling, but he's posted impressions of the SEMA event before. Why he waited until now to speak up about this is beyond me, though. I'm okay with GT5P level clutch support, but if they removed it altogether... For fuck's sake, why was this not communicated ages ago?

gtmax said:
aFTER waiting forever is hard to believe it's this close. I think the next few days are gonna be the most exciting and after it comes out it'll almost be anticlimatic. You wait so long and get sick of it and the excitement is less after each delay.

Imagine wondering when, and if, your won copy from the Subway game will arrive the week before :lol

That Ring night video looked amazing. Not that it was ever lacking in it before, but it just adds a nice additional layer off character to an amazing setting.

7 or 8 days left!

ruxtpin

Banned
BobTheFork said:
yeah, not to spoil but it's been a big topic. If the setting are there then they are moved from the race options loading screen. If they are gone...then it gets interesting. I was just hoping they did away with standard phy anywhere outside of arcade mode.

Time to fuck shit up

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gran Turismo 5 : Kaz makin' it rain |OT|

Linconan said:
Agreed.

I just hope there's a way to turn it all off.
Surely they will be, yeah?

What's the point of having a working dash, when you've got all the onscreen displays already ontop of.
It totally messes with the realism, to me.

Plus (i'll be), playing in 3D. It'll just look pointless.

Anybody in the know, know if?

I begged for it on every message board for the last five years, because it´s a very usefull and easilyy doable feature.

They already know how to do it because you have the option on replays, but for some reason they refuse to give this option for the races.

Nobody knows why, but we saw the videos of the options menu and it´s not there.

Maybe in a patch.

It´s one of those why not? moments kinda like not offering the GT HD 1080p tracks they had on GT5. nobody knows why they didn´t included such things.

Before anyone replies about the tracks, they´ve showed Nurb and Le Mans upscaled, GH HD version until may of this year, and nobody complained that the qality was too low.

Grand Canyon, El Capitan and others could be there just fine, but it´s a mistery why they´re not.

Just like the HUD options.

Does GAF have any ninja to spare? WE know those Subway winners will be getting the game early and we know a few of them. I say garrote and grab!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think the reason they don't allow you to remove the GUI is because you lose the information (speed, leaderboard, etc.) and their goal is to keep players informed on their speed. It's kinda hard to gauge your speed in "virtual" space unlike real life.

(Of course, I'm sure you'll disagree, but...)

Top Bottom