• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 out Nov 24 PAL/NA & Nov 25 JP HOORAY! The good times have arrived!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
g35twinturbo said:
3 votes!

don't be jealous!

I'm jumping on psn tonight so be ready! also, is that your son? lol
Yea :p

Full sized pic........

There

100_0833-1.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
TheSeks said:
I think the reason they don't allow you to remove the GUI is because you lose the information (speed, leaderboard, etc.) and their goal is to keep players informed on their speed. It's kinda hard to gauge your speed in "virtual" space unlike real life.

(Of course, I'm sure you'll disagree, but...)

I think he means when you drive in cockpit view with the functional dials. So your car's speedometer would show you your speed.

I agree with him on that part but not the upresed tracks. People complained loudly at how the tracks looked when they were untouched upresed. Once they went back and redid the textures and added side details and all the other stuff, they look far better.

Ashes

Banned
brotkasten said:
The clutch worked in GT5:p, but the paddle shifter didn't.

Don't know about g27 but g25 works fine in prologue. source: I own one.
ps, we need a faq of sorts for the quite a few of stuff we already know and keep getting asked.

Can you play music from your hard-drive?
All indications are that you can.

title suggestion... (If even I'm sure the privilages go to Goldrusher, and he has already decided the title):

GT5: f* the hype, quit complaining, and go for a freakin' drive.

Edit:I like fersis's one though:

Gran Turismo 5 : Kaz makin' it rain |OT|

Ashes

Banned
How come the Nürburgring Nordschleife vid, suddenly has so much better quality?
ps. When he put the foot down, 0.12, good gawd, that was something of a rush. And people were having a go at some of us asking for improvement in sound. That's the result of good sound.

This is that vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREGCHLhh5c

Fersis said:
:lol

Yup, its goldrusher call.

You never know... if one of the mods falls in love with your suggestion... they might change it after a single day... Perhaps Goldrusher might have a change of heart. who knows. Nothing in GT5 is definite, till it happens.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ashes1396 said:
How come the Nürburgring Nordschleife vid, suddenly has so much better quality?
ps. When he put the foot down, 0.12, good gawd, that was something of a rush. And people were having a go at some of us asking for improvement in sound. That's the result of good sound.

This is that vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREGCHLhh5c
The Ring certainly did benefit from Kaz taking part in the 24h race. He mentioned that it felt much different and it influenced how they laid the track for the game. In short, you are getting the best version of that track in any game, ever. The look is definitely better, from a tech standpoint.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AndyD said:
I think he means when you drive in cockpit view with the functional dials. So your car's speedometer would show you your speed.

I agree with him on that part but not the upresed tracks. People complained loudly at how the tracks looked when they were untouched upresed. Once they went back and redid the textures and added side details and all the other stuff, they look far better.

Those actually worked? Outside like the GT by Citroen I never noticed them updating (plus they're small as hell to read given the wheel in front of them. If Kaz made them bigger/removed the wheel that no one really needs for cock-pit view outside replay mode they'd be better) outside that car. :x

Ashes

Banned
terrdactycalsrock said:
i've never played a sim racer before but all of this exictment around gt5 has me curious. Is there anyway a non car enthusiast can enjoy this game?

The skill that requires you to get through the game might be enough for non-car enthusiasts to get on with. You never know, it might ignite some passion. But if you're in it for the hype, like most hype led balloons, it'll deflate pretty fast.

TheSeks said:
I think the reason they don't allow you to remove the GUI is because you lose the information (speed, leaderboard, etc.) and their goal is to keep players informed on their speed. It's kinda hard to gauge your speed in "virtual" space unlike real life.

(Of course, I'm sure you'll disagree, but...)

That´s why we always asked for the OPTION.

Bobby likes the HUD, so he races with the HUD on.
Jeff doesn´t like the HUD so he races with the HUD off...

It´s that simple.

NFS Hot pursuit and high stakes on PSX had this feature, where if you pressed triangle everything would disappear.

I´ll keep bugging them until they give me the OPTION.

Ashes1396 said:
The skill that requires you to get through the game might be enough for non-car enthusiasts to get on with. You never know, it might ignite some passion. But if you're in it for the hype, like most hype led balloons, it'll deflate pretty fast.

I guess i want to know why this series is so popular with gamers. Because i am a gamer but i would never associate such a niche product as being so universally loved. And i hope noone thinks im trying to bring down this thread. Infact my standing theory is that im to young to understand because i was only 15 when four came out, and racing games were just more popular back then

I thought the name was already decided?

It´s a bit "meh", but i think Goldrusher decided it was "Gran Turismo 5 (OT) An ode to the automobille", or something like it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
marathonfool said:
Gran Turismo 5: The Real Driving Simulator |OT|

Classy, confident, and official.

+1

I think a game that's been as longsuffering as this should just get straight to the fucking point. You could substitute definitive for real, but I'd like to think that GT fans are above that.

UFRA

LiquidMetal14 said:
Other than mine (top secret) and Goldrushers (Ode to the Automobile), The Real Driving Simulator sounds perfect.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| The only game that can take LiquidMetal14 away from Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
for a day

Is that yours? :p

commedieu

Banned
terrdactycalsrock said:
I guess i want to know why this series is so popular with gamers. Because i am a gamer but i would never associate such a niche product as being so universally loved. And i hope noone thinks im trying to bring down this thread. Infact my standing theory is that im to young to understand because i was only 15 when four came out, and racing games were just more popular back then

I think i was about that age? Im 27 now. GT has been fun if you're into cars... if you aren't... i wouldn't suggest it? It offers that level of reality that no other console/pc game has offered when it comes to living in a fantasy world of cars. As lame as that sounds, but yeah... I had car posters on my walls, put together model cars, bought RC cars...

I love cars, thus I love GT. Its a hobby?

If you aren't into the hobby of cars/enthusiasm/topgear/fifthgear/following car news./care to practice driving to shave down seconds of a lap time...

theres not any FUN in gt to be had. Allin all its just a driving sim. Theres not much to these games, GT just has the most polish/challenge combination.

The only reason I'm in to gaming, is because it passes the time until the next GT is ready.

Top Bottom