• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT6 Demo Tuesday 2nd July

DBT85

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/25/gran-turismo-6-demo-launches-next-week/

Demo launch trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWDX3iv9ytI

Key info
  • Track is Silverstone
  • GT Academy style demo
  • Unlock special content once you prove your skill0rz
  • Cars include the Nisan Leaf, 370Z and GT-R *edited in thanks to SolidSnake*

Following on from yesterday’s reveal of the product and pre-order goodies we can expect when Gran Turismo 6 hits retail this year, I am very happy to bring you even more GT news.
Next Tuesday, 2nd July, at 9.00am BST you will be able to get your hands on the demo for Gran Turismo 6. It promises to be a tantalising glimpse at what we will see when the game takes to the starting grid later this year. The even better news is that the demo is free and doesn’t require ownership of any Gran Turismo product.

What’s more, if you are in one of the GT Academy regions* then the demo could also be the ticket for your chance to race for real with Nissan.

The demo is structured as a GT Academy-style driver training concept where you progressively learn the skills required to push very expensive track monsters at full speed round impossible apexes. The course where the action takes place is Silverstone, the spiritual home of GT Academy (and one of the brand new confirmed GT6 track locations in GT6).

In GT Academy regions, once you’ve cleared the earlier rounds you will then have your shot to post your time to the leaderboard and see if you have got what it takes to progress to the next stage.

Regardless of whether you are in one of the GT Academy eligible countries or not, once you have proved your skills and made the grade through the initial rounds you will unlock special bonus content.

The demo will remain live until 31st August 2013, but if you’re in the GT Academy hunt you have until 11.59pm BST on 28th July 2013 to take a step towards a chance of a real life racing career.
Details on the GT6 demo can be found on gran-turismo.com and more news and information on the demo will be incoming shortly, so keep an eye on PlayStation Blog for updates.

Lock if mold.

Yep

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo series, has set an interesting challenge for Gran Turismo entrants featuring stunningly re-created Nissan cars including the Leaf, 370Z and GT-R. The GT6 demo will guide players through beginner rounds of a GT Academy-themed race camp before unlocking the final qualifying event featuring the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, making GT Academy equally accessible to Gran Turismo novices and experts alike. Anyone who registers and submits a qualifying time will receive free bonus content.

i1kwg7sed6yayx2sdn.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3812785.html

Foshy

So this is one of those GT Academy demos? Nice, will be looking forward to it.

EDIT: Fuck, only Silverstone. I hate that track. I really do.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
You know whats not glorious? Separate pre-order bonuses for separate stores. I hate that I cant get the 15th anniversary edition from anywhere but Gamestop.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just hope the special items aren't gold. I got 39/40 last GT academy after running myself dead on a controller to miss the last car because of that stupid gold requirement on the last track.

This is going to be great!

Do we know anything about the cars of the demo? The Schulze Motorsport GTR would be a perfect:

Yep

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo series, has set an interesting challenge for Gran Turismo entrants featuring stunningly re-created Nissan cars including the Leaf, 370Z and GT-R. The GT6 demo will guide players through beginner rounds of a GT Academy-themed race camp before unlocking the final qualifying event featuring the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, making GT Academy equally accessible to Gran Turismo novices and experts alike. Anyone who registers and submits a qualifying time will receive free bonus content.

i1kwg7sed6yayx2sdn.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3812785.html

No Australia
No Latin America

WTF is wrong with you Nissan?

It´s like you don´t sell cars overthere or something.

It´s a shame for the event. Some unbeliaveble drivers in those countries that are shot out once again.

Meanwhile, Russia has about a dozen competitive drivers in GT´s online racing and it will have it´s own event.

Oh, those marketing decisions... they never cease to amaze me.

(can´t wait!)

No Australia
No Latin America

WTF is wrong with you Nissan?

It´s like you don´t sell cars overthere or something.

It´s a shame for the event. Some unbeliaveble drivers in those countries that are shot out once again.

Meanwhile, Russia has about a dozen competitive drivers in GT´s online racing and it will have it´s own event.

Oh, those marketing decisions... they never cease to amaze me.

(can´t wait!)

I had heard some murmurs about preparations for a latin american edition, but it seems we'll be left out again. Oh well.
Still anxious to compete against GAF again!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Nice surprise, didn't expect to see a demo for this so soon. I'll be there.

sublimit

Banned
This is one of the few series that i don't need to try a demo before i buy the game but i'll download it anyway. :p

chifanpoe

Nice!
Leaf and 370z not excited about those, but free is free!

Dusting off the G27 and going to finally updated the brake and clutch springs.

nib95

Banned
Bit miffed we're only getting Silverstone. Wanted one of the new tracks! Oh well, beggars can't be choosers!

Possible there are other tracks, the wording is a bit funny, the GT6 thread has an off-screen shot of an Autumn Ring stage select with Academy badged cars. Not that Autumn Ring is new, but it will be interesting to see the alterations at least.

Noooiiice!

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that this demo is going to be pretty big in filesize, right?

Last years' Academy was 3021MB and contained most of GT5's tracks, so it shouldn't be enormous unless they have a bunch of videos in it.

Top Bottom