• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT6 Demo Tuesday 2nd July

beast786

Just got this last night.

photovys14.jpg

I did my share of getting ready for the demo

So damn exited.

Dumb question, but this will have all the frills we've heard about in the GT trailers? The new rendering engine, aero model, tire model, dynamic polymorphicalifragilicious or whatever its called with the wonky polygons?

I can't stand Silverstone but that (hopefully) won't stop me from driving the unholy hell out of the track in this demo.

Just got this last night.
Well now I feel completely unprepared. Congrats on the beast, beast :)

Dumb question, but this will have all the frills we've heard about in the GT trailers? The new rendering engine, aero model, tire model, dynamic polymorphicalifragilicious or whatever its called with the wonky polygons?

I can't stand Silverstone but that (hopefully) won't stop me from driving the unholy hell out of the track in this demo.

Yes, it's going to be a slice of GT6. So, everything we've seen so far in terms of tech will be there.

Is this EU only?

The demo will be available worldwide. The only difference is that certain territories don't have a GT Academy for their region, so it'll just be purely a demo for them without any of the extra benefits of winning the competition.

beast786

Nice, how is the ride comfort? I hear people say it is bad.

you feel every bump. Suspension comfort switch helps eliminate some. but the handling at speed is unmatched . You can hear and feel every gear. it's truly an u parallel experience . but lacks in refinement of everyday driving due to the nature of the beast.

ruttyboy

So, assuming the format of this is the same as last year, anyone willing to setup another GAF competition? Had great fun with it last year.

I'd volunteer myself, but don't have access to the GAF racing account.

Perkel

Banned
you feel every bump. Suspension comfort switch helps eliminate some. but the handling at speed is unmatched . You can hear and feel every gear. it's truly an u parallel experience . but lacks in refinement of everyday driving due to the nature of the beast.

Damn dude, stop complaining. My ass would be very happy even beaten if I could have that car right now.

Used ? New ? How much did you pay ?

Polyphony

Damn! I'm separated from my PS3 until July 28th, the exact day the competition ends. At least the demo will still be live until Aug 31st. I'll be looking at your videos.

Pretty damn eager to check out the new physics engine alongside GT's version of Silverstone (nice timing after the F1 too ;] ).

WX3

Seriously, this news snuck up on me! I was aware of GT6 and all, but my lack of paying attention let me to believe we wouldn't see anything until the fall and in the form of a "Prologue" like demo. Hype train is now starting to chug.

beast786

Damn dude, stop complaining. My ass would be very happy even beaten if I could have that car right now.

Used ? New ? How much did you pay ?

new 2014/ 110K

planned it as a weekend car but honestly after almost week of driving I am making it everyday

PD updated their site to add more countries

Simultaneously with the distribution of the "GT Academy 2013" demo starting on the 2nd of July, gran-turismo.com will now be supporting 6 additional countries/languages listed below. The flag of your currently selected country is shown on the lower right of the site, and you can select other languages by clicking on the flag.

- Greece (Greek)
- Turkey (Turkish)
- Czech Republic (Czech)
- Hungary (Hungarian)
- Brazil (Brazilian Portuguese)
- Mexico (Mexican Spanish)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1745436.html

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Is this going live in all regions (EU/PAL) or only US? Gawd, I'm so hyped to try this out. New physics engine :D

ruttyboy

Fingers crossed I can add it to my download queue via the PSN webstore, I changed my PS+ to update at midday so fingers crossed I can start it off downloading before I even get home :D

Mogwai

I assume the demo will have an updated version of Silverstone. I remember FM4 still having the ancient Silverstone layout.

Top Bottom