• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 - First Person Mode Confirmed, First Screens, Trailer, 4K on PC

I would have to look my specs up again (been a while since I bought it) but I know for sure that I have a 660ti and 8gigs of 1600 ram. I believe I have a i5 overclocked to a little over 3ghz.

At work so I am going off memory :p

There are other reasons I want a PS4 in the future. So it will happen at some point.

660Ti is quite a nice GPU that scores extremely similar/better than PS4 settings in most games.

And if you overclock the i5 a bit more, you could even look at a mucher higher framerate CPU wise than the ps4 version (as long as the game doesnt run like ass for no reason).

Zero148

I preordered this on PSN yesterday. My first real steps in 3D GTA (the last GTA I palyed was 2, tried GTA3 and it just felt wrong to me). But this game on PS4 looks really amazing, I'm looking forward to playing it and also to GTA Online

There's still a bit of aliasing, just a lot less than last gen

Direct feed captures:

image_grand_theft_auto_v-26831-2397_0001.jpg

image_grand_theft_auto_v-26831-2397_0002.jpg

Those looks great, especially the first one. So clean and sharp. A huge upgrade over the jaggy, blurry-ass last-gen versions.

Did they fix the piloting controls?

The whole turbulence thing ruined helicopters and planes. Particularly the former.
No, doesn't sound like it. Though if it was ruined for you and you never did it much, perhaps you never improved your Flying Skill? T's starts at 80% I think but F and M start pretty low so their flying is a lot more shaky than it has to be.
Grand Senora Desert looks so good now.

No, doesn't sound like it. Though if it was ruined for you and you never did it much, perhaps you never improved your Flying Skill? T's starts at 80% I think but F and M start pretty low so their flying is a lot more shaky than it has to be.

Grand Senora Desert looks so good now.

Even with max flying skill, you still frequently get that obnoxious wobble.

SRTtoZ

Those looks great, especially the first one. So clean and sharp. A huge upgrade over the jaggy, blurry-ass last-gen versions.

The jaggy blurry mess completely turned me off from the last gen version. I'll be experiencing this game for the first time really on PS4.

All that extra vegetation makes everything just looks so much more 'thick' and alive. I remember that part of the map all too well from playing the PS3 version, and it really makes it look bland in comparison.
----------------------

Does anyone have any idea what kind of AF the PS4 version is running based on stills from direct-feed footage?

Even with max flying skill, you still frequently get that obnoxious wobble.
Yeah. I do smuggling runs with Trevor almost every day yet still to this date so I'm pretty used to it by now :p

Just thought maybe if he just tried flying with Michael or Franklin early in the game, it's a lot more horrid. I don't mind it per se but it's a bit of an odd design choice but the car driving is so arcade-ish with almost no weight, ATV driving has even less weight and feels like pushing a mouse almost, and yet flying has a bit of a sim element with the heavy turbulence. Pretty contrasting controls.

Valnen

The jaggy blurry mess completely turned me off from the last gen version. I'll be experiencing this game for the first time really on PS4.

Yeah the performance of last gen versions essentially made the game a 1 hour rental for me. Couldn't handle it longer than that.

Sanchez <3

My favorite GTA vehicle since VC.

*high five*

I did like it in VC, but it really became my 'go to' for exploring when SA hit. Driving it up the mountain and launching off to a parachute ... bliss. Was one of my first actions once getting the parachute in single player during V also.

LCGeek

formerly sane
All that extra vegetation makes everything just looks so much more 'thick' and alive. I remember that part of the map all too well from playing the PS3 version, and it really makes it look bland in comparison.
----------------------

Does anyone have any idea what kind of AF the PS4 version is running based on stills from direct-feed footage?

Thought it was 4X.

WiCkEd_Co

Why is this game not listed on the Xbox One store? I'm about pre order this and Master chief collection but can't find GTA. Xbox will have a digital version right? I know the ps4 has pre ordering for it.

More so in the second shot. I'm impressed with the powerlines in the first shot though, those usually get hit the hardest.

Didn't Rockstar already implement some good powerline AA in the PS3 version? I remember people comparing them to the Driveclub powerlines claiming GTAV was cleaner.

Tigress

Didn't Rockstar already implement some good powerline AA in the PS3 version? I remember people comparing them to the Driveclub powerlines claiming GTAV was cleaner.

Did they? When I notice that GTA on PS3 isn't perfect, it's the power lines I notice the most honestly (they even shimmer cause of the jaggy's).

660Ti is quite a nice GPU that scores extremely similar/better than PS4 settings in most games.

And if you overclock the i5 a bit more, you could even look at a mucher higher framerate CPU wise than the ps4 version (as long as the game doesnt run like ass for no reason).

Actually just looked at my PC now that I am at home and it is a i7 clocked to 3.2

UrbanRats

^^^Dude GPU aside, that's a better PC than mine, basically.
You can put a 970 in it and handle anything for the next 5 years and more.

Sanchez <3

My favorite GTA vehicle since VC.

Too bad they completely fucked it up in GTAV.
Almost every other vehicle i like more, but the Sanchez feels super stiff and just not fun to ride anymore. :(

So any details on how to obtain the content for the second time buyers, if you did not own it for last gen consoles? The railgun is just too good to not get my hands on it if I'm going to purchase the PS4 version :(

Toparaman

Banned
Game looks gorgeous...and then you hear the dialogue.

Definitely not paying full price again for the only GTA that I don't like.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I would have to look my specs up again (been a while since I bought it) but I know for sure that I have a 660ti and 8gigs of 1600 ram. I believe I have a i5 overclocked to a little over 3ghz.

i5 at "a little over 3Ghz" covers a lot of ground.
Right now I have an i5 650 at 3.2Ghz (can't be overclocked) and I'm ridiculously CPU-bound. I'm planning to upgrade this month.

Xyber

Moa

Why is this game not listed on the Xbox One store? I'm about pre order this and Master chief collection but can't find GTA. Xbox will have a digital version right? I know the ps4 has pre ordering for it.

Games need to go gold before you can pre-order/pre-load on the X1.

Reminds me of the bad writing in the game. The lines in the trailer are fine.

Hmm, I thought the dialogue between characters was mostly great, Trevor's and Lamar's especially. Now, if you were talking 'writing' as in the writing of the story, then I'd be more inclined to agree. That was nothing special.

I didn't care much for the bikes at all in GTA5. In VC and SA 90% of what I drove were bikes. I even put in a decent amount of bike time in GTA4, but in 5 they just weren't much fun for me and I had a much better time with the cars.

Thoraxes

Yeah, didn't say it was perfect. But by console standards it looks pretty good, especially in motion if I go by the gamersyde video.

My i7 and 970 are both really sad they won't get to play with this game for another 3 months. :(

But you'll play it in 4k, like me.

It's worth it.

I didn't care much for the bikes at all in GTA5. In VC and SA 90% of what I drove were bikes. I even put in a decent amount of bike time in GTA4, but in 5 they just weren't much fun for me and I had a much better time with the cars.

The Sanchez felt off for me in GTAV. It was much more fun to ride in San Andreas. But the superbikes were my go-to vehicles in GTAV. Specifically this one:

DinkaAkuma-Side-GTAV.png

Zipping between traffic was great on this thing. I can't wait to do it again in first-person with increased traffic density. *Drool*

Oh, and that reminds me...do any of you guys think that the speed of the vehicles was purposely limited in the last-gen versions due to the game not being to load textures/objects fast enough? I always felt like my fully-upgraded bike or supercar should be going faster than it did, but the game just wouldn't be able to keep up if I was to go any faster. Hopefully they've increased the top speed for the higher-tier vehicles in the new releases.

Wil348

Usually my (ground) vehicle of choice is my Jester. It's fast and the price of it was pretty reasonable.

Anyway, only 11.5 days (Europe) left until release! Beyond hyped!

Sil

Banned
I really hope I can run 4k at a steady 30fps on my 970, so I can play this on my TV instead of a 24 inch screen...It will be magical.

Thinking about getting the xbox one version via the Microsoft Store since you get 15 bucks in rewards points. Those PS4 Dual Shock features are pretty sexy though. <sigh>

AmyS

Guys, even without anyone knowing the official requirements / recommended specs, might it be feasible for a stock Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz (4.4 GHz Turbo Boost) coupled with either a stock GTX 980 or superclocked 970 to run the PC version at 1920 x 1080p - Ultra settings maxed out at around ~ 60 FPS most of the time ?

Obviously GTA V is a vast open-world game so we're not talking about locked framerates.

But hardware wise, that's a fuck-ton more CPU / GPU performance than the PS4 has.

Sil

Banned
Should be doable in theory, a game like ArmA3 runs at 60fps with a great level of detail and insane viewing distance.

Different engines obviously, so we'll have to await the quality of the port. I'd say you should be fine.

AmyS

Should be doable in theory, a game like ArmA3 runs at 60fps with a great level of detail and insane viewing distance.

Different engines obviously, so we'll have to await the quality of the port. I'd say you should be fine.

Kewl, that's the sort of reply I was looking for.

Also of course, 8 GB of really fast DDR3 memory, maybe 16 GB.

A small but fast 256 GB SSD, only to be used for a handful of PC games (BF3, BF4, and GTAV)

And lets just nail down a graphics card: an existing 4 GB GTX 980 superclocked.

Will just forget about 4K for a few years as I only have a 42 inch Philips 1080p LED.

I'd like to max out everything except anti-aliasing to have 60fps.

A small but fast 256 GB SSD, only to be used for a handful of PC games (BF3, BF4, and GTAV)

Will just forget about 4K for a few years as I only have a 42 inch Philips 1080p LED.

You will probably be able to get away with a single 970 even at 3k.

knerl

The beast called GTX 970 should suffice.

Tankshell

Has it been confirmed how we migrate our account from last gen to new gen yet? Is it automatic or is there some online form I need to fill out etc?

I will be migrating from PS3 (100+ hours logged in single player but I never played multiplayer) -> PC in Jan.

Just want to make sure I get the upgrade features for single player mode (new missions, new underwater sub, etc).

Thanks GAF.

EDIT - I guess it is all done via Rockstar Social Club account, so I should be fine.

Qassim

I think it's a little unreasonable to expect to "max" something out when we don't even know what available settings there will be. There may be some super intensive setting that isn't really expected to be able to run on any current hardware at 60fps, there may be multiple.

AmyS

I think it's a little unreasonable to expect to "max" something out when we don't even know what available settings there will be. There may be some super intensive setting that isn't really expected to be able to run on any current hardware at 60fps, there may be multiple.

I know, that's why I asked people to speculate, just offer a guess.

Sil

Banned
That's why you look at a game which is often used in benchmarks (like Arma3) and has a reputation of being able to bring cutting edge machines to their knees. With Arma3 you can go from 60fps at max settings with a reduced viewing distance, to barely 20fps if you slide it towards ridiculous settings.

Really curious if Rockstar will implement a viewing distance slider for the PC release, don't remember IV or previous GTA's having one?

Top Bottom