• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
For clearer skin on the charachter you need to have more than or equal ten 10hrs of sleep and like 6 or so hours of the sports one on the lifestyle bit. Avoid maxing the illegal work one and the family one as they tend to make it look worse specially the illegal work one.

I can't even find these options anymore in the new character creator.

IMACOMPUTA

I was in a match and everyone froze in place. I couldn't kill them or anything. I tried joining a new session and have been unable since like 30 min ago. Boo!!!

Mistel

Banned
I can't even find these options anymore in the new character creator.
Ignore me I'm looking at the wrong thing, it's the appearance tab you want less blemishes along with less aging, and less damage. You might want to jig around the resemblance and the skin tone as well that helps.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Ignore me I'm looking at the wrong thing, it's the appearance tab you want less blemishes along with less aging, and less damage. You might want to jig around the resemblance and the skin tone as well that helps.

I think that there's no option to affect the body skin. All 3 characters I tried to experiment with so far had the same exact skin texture. White, Black, Asian...doesn't matter if the face is old, or young....wonky backs ahoy!

I've joined the gaf crew, but was just wondering what aiming lobby are you guys mostly in?

I'm free aim for life but whenever I try to join crew games it never finds anybody :(
I think they will fill out in time. But yea, free aim is the way to play!
No worries man. Why is it that so many people feel the need to blast music over their headsets while they play? lol. The one room I was in I actually heard a baby crying nonstop.
Holy crap. This was such an issue with last gen. Loading into free roam, you'd hear everyone's mics regardless of your settings. Almost every single time you heard one of four things - 1. a crying/screaming baby, 2. obnoxiously loud music, 3. someone talking/yelling while sounding like they are playing inside a shopping mall, 4. or any combination of those. It would revert back to your settings once you loaded in all the way, but it was always a shock hearing that after jobs.
Sent an invite request to Gaming Age Family.
MahonaaaaaAAAYYYY!!!

You got it! :D

The Llama

No worries man. Why is it that so many people feel the need to blast music over their headsets while they play? lol. The one room I was in I actually heard a baby crying nonstop.

EDIT: Btw, going to be hopping Online to do some missions. Hopefully I can get some crew members together. PSN: CelticKennedy

I think a lot of it is people with the camera don't have it muted.

jbw

Banned
Sometimes it's the little things...

I'm walking in an industrial area with Franklin and there's no one around. I'm mainly just exploring. An obese white lady walks on the sidewalk towards me, as I walk by her she says, "You smell like shit."

Probably didn't need to black that out, but anyways...

Don't know why it struck me as being so funny. Maybe it was just the context, with no one else around. I was cracking up when I heard it though.

Saganator

Hearing people eat drives me fucking insane. I really don't get why MS and Sony don't put a "push to talk" button on their headsets. They could have easily put one where the connector is on the DS4.

Sometimes it's the little things...

I'm walking in an industrial area with Franklin and there's no one around. I'm mainly just exploring. An obese white lady walks on the sidewalk towards me, as I walk by her she says, "You smell like shit."

Probably didn't need to black that out, but anyways...

Don't know why it struck me as being so funny. Maybe it was just the context, with no one else around. I was cracking up when I heard it though.

This is a dead pedestrian.

Heists still on track for Jan?

Lost over 1 million in bugs with online. Any easy way to make money? I don't think R* is going to refund me my cash and I don't want to buy a shark card.

idonteven

and im having non stop time outs again

been trying to get into a lobby with peoplefor a hour... time outs and alone in lobbys like usual

It's annoying how rare it is to get missions in the playlists. All I ever see are deathmatches, races, and parachute jumps. I just want to do continuous missions and earn XP. I don't mind doing the odd race every now and again but I really wish the missions would show up more.

Mistel

Banned
What is the point of GTA online? The op wasn't very informative. How does it work? It's open world yeah?
Level up to earn new equipment via missions earning money at the same time. Whilst mucking around in the free roam of the open world by yourself or with friends pretty much all there is too it.

Is there a way to keep from being thrown into a random public lobby after quitting out of an event or mission?

Last night I met up with a buddy in a friend's only lobby. Started up a shooting range challenge as host but mistakenly started playing before my buddy had accepted the invite. So I quit out only to be flown back into the sky to watch a loading screen and game tip for the next two minutes, before being flung into a public lobby with 15 other players. I then had to join my friend back in our friend's only lobby (through 'join friend'), go through another long load screen and then get dropped off at my apartment, load up the garage, and drive all the way back to the gun range.

Please tell me that this is a bug or something and that the game isn't supposed to work this way, because that's one hell of a hassle.

But once we started running some races and objectives we fell into a groove of playing something, voting, and playing the next event, etc etc. Then after a few more events we figured we'd head back into the open world for some random and emergent shenanigans. But neither of us knew how to just fall back into the world. So we quit out, which did the long load to put us each in random public lobbies, before quitting out of online which put us back into single-player, only to then select "GTA Online" friend's only lobby to jump back in.

There's got to be a better way right?

wowlace

Level up to earn new equipment via missions earning money at the same time. Whilst mucking around in the free roam of the open world by yourself or with friends pretty much all there is too it.

Are mission Pvp or co-op? It sounds like the single player game but with character creation and no story.

Mistel

Banned
Are mission Pvp or co-op? It sounds like the single player game but with character creation and no story.
There's a mixture of both some are team based PvP others are Co-op with the players present. There's pure PvP in terms of deathmatch or just PvP in free roam.

Ted

What is the point of GTA online? The op wasn't very informative. How does it work? It's open world yeah?

This is a good point, I have added the below now:

Ted said:
What is GTA Online?

GTA Online is an instanced online world with a free roam hub that connects players to PvE missions, PvP races, PvP death match modes, PvP versus missions and a number of other miscellaneous activities (including golf, tennis and darts).

Some simple content is played inside the instanced free roam world such as car exports, target kills, impromptu races and one on one death matches but most is played from smaller job lobbies from which you can invite members of your session, crew or friends list.

Aim types are separated into different free roam instances.

Your character progression is indicated by level and the collection of money and assets (vehicles, apartments, weapons). Access to weapons and jobs are governed by this level. You start with nothing but a pistol and your wits but hopefully will soon become a fully fledged criminal machine with access to an array of supercars, helcopters, planes and weapons.

Hopefully it's a quick indication of the [very limited] point. :)

Portugeezer

GTA Online is just weird. I just want to race people dammit, but seems lobbies only get 1 or 2 people.

5e93ae0d7180ca8b95a12a50c7c218c3b4bfbd732df8b7bfe88b49b1cdf240a4.jpg

Can someone who plays GTA Online help me out here.

I'm on Xbox one and i want to play some GTA online with a friend, I was to play some jobs not free roam, How do I do this?

I've tried hosting a job and inviting him but then we don't get put with anyone, If i join a job i go into a game with loads of people but can't invite him in.

all that seems to be happening is the game keeps us apart. what am i doing wrong?

GTA Online is just weird. I just want to race people dammit, but seems lobbies only get 1 or 2 people.

5e93ae0d7180ca8b95a12a50c7c218c3b4bfbd732df8b7bfe88b49b1cdf240a4.jpg

I suggest if you already haven't yet to join the GAF Crew or another one that is reasonablely organized. GAF crew, we should actually schedule sessions on certain days to get a full lobby together where we can do a variety of different activities. I think that could be super fun.

Ted

I'm on Xbox one and i want to play some GTA online with a friend, I was to play some jobs not free roam, How do I do this?

Get both of you in a lobby together (free roam lobby, invite only or public, it doesn't matter). Pull up your phone and select quick job. Select join race (or whatever) then when given the option select with friends. Your friend in the same session will then be given a prompt and should follow the on-screen instructions.

Get both of you in a lobby together (free roam lobby, invite only or public, it doesn't matter). Pull up your phone and select quick job. Select join quick race then when given the option select, with friends. Your friend in the same session will then be given a prompt and should follow the on-screen instructions.

Thank you Ted, I'll give this ago tomorrow, anything else i should know?
Coming out of games and staying together etc?

also whats actually fun to play? i see people playing these crazy maps with objects floating in the air, and you have to drive round a corse but when i look for game all i see are normal races, death match etc.

the missions seem really dull its all drive here, shoot this. (Not hating on GTA here)

Can anyone confirm whether or not this last gen character glitch works in current gen online? I transferred my old character but would love to change their sex/appearance now. This is supposedly what that allows you to do.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gtaglitches/comments/2e1o14/change_character_appearance_after_116/?sort=confidence

Same glitch from 1.15 and before. You need to have a free character slot.
Start up GTA Online and go to swap character.
Create any type of character (Whatever you change doesn't matter)
Accept the character and skip the tutorial.
When you are loaded into the game as your second character go back to swap characters.
Load up your main character you want to change features on.
When in game swap back to your second character you just created.
When the alert pops up about changing your characters appearance, either disconnect your ethernet or sign out.
It will take you back to story mode. Once there load up GTA Online.
Another alert should pop up about changing your characters appearance, press A or X.
Your main character should load on the right side of the screen, if you see your second character you have to start over.

Ted

Thank you Ted, I'll give this ago tomorrow, anything else i should know?

Coming out of games and staying together etc?

This is a PITA, theoretically if you both vote for the same option (free roam for example) and came from the same session you should end up in the same place (assuming that is the majority chosen option). Theoretically.

If you are split, just use the friend section in the pause menu to re-join them directly.

also whats actually fun to play? i see people playing these crazy maps with objects floating in the air, and you have to drive round a corse but when i look for game all i see are normal races, death match etc.

the missions seem really dull its all drive here, shoot this. (Not hating on GTA here)

That's probably too subjective to answer, I mostly enjoy doing the PvE missions in a number of ways and racing. Some of the PvP versus missions are also fun like the jet flag collection/defense games. But that's me. I'm pretty simple...

Using quick join will get you into all sorts of content so just play around and remember to add to favourites the content you enjoy so you can quickly re-visit it from the pause menu (online -> jobs).

And don't worry about hating on GTA, not every game is for every person mate. I could spend hours just flying aerobatics over the city but I get why my friends want me to come land and come shoot shit with them. :)

Great, load times are still mostly ridiculous, unless you stay in a playlist. And co-up matchmaking is completely terrible. It is baffling that it has not changed since the last gen launch. I don't think I will touch this again anytime soon.

Doc Morbid

Neo Member
Well, the 1.03 patch did the trick and I've been able to play Online without too many issues aside from the occasional connection error. I've spent most of my time doing solo missions (insert your favorite "I work better alone" type quote here), stealing cars for Simeon and racing against random people, and it's been a lot of fun even though I only tend to get 3-5 players in each race. Haven't lost a race yet, I have the feeling most of these players aren't very good at driving.

For some reason, I'm actually enjoying Online a lot more than the story mode. Maybe it's the fact I get to play as the character I created, or the lack of extraneous story bullshit, or just the feeling of old-school GTA I get from playing Online. GTA 1 and 2 didn't really have a story either and the main point was to just steal cars, shoot cops and gang members, and earn as much money as possible, and I still love GTA2 in particular.

Portugeezer

Are you joining races from random places on the map, or through the pause menu? Pause menu, join job, join race, should put you in a full lobby.

I tried a few times, on the one it connected to there were 3 people. I wanted to race bikes on dirt roads though which seems like it will be a rare thing.

I suggest if you already haven't yet to join the GAF Crew or another one that is reasonablely organized. GAF crew, we should actually schedule sessions on certain days to get a full lobby together where we can do a variety of different activities. I think that could be super fun.

Cool. I sent a message to Baron on rockstar social club.

Tigress

Start - Online - Playlists - Challenges
You need 250k on you and then take the challenge. Do the ones on Criminal Records.

There seem to be less of the criminal records ones (I couldn't find any yesterday or last I was on before today). Well I found one but the time you had to beat was 1:46 and I know I wouldn't beat that).

The best (as in most gaurenteed to get money) I found today was one labelled Awesome that was two Criminal Records races where you had to beat at least 3:16 on one and 3:40 on the other (even I can do that easy with the Zenterno and I'm probably the worst GTA player out there).

Managed to get my Buzzard so now I'm going to go back to earning money the legit way (I have to have goals in online. I find I get bored if I don't. Just with the Buzzard, the trainer fighter jet, and the Frogger plus some new cars I want and neons for my cars, it was a little much so I decided to use the challenges to get the Buzzard. Oh yeah, and I want that monster truck too).

Can you do these 4 times a day or is it once per day?

I think it's now once per day per character (or at least today it was only letting me do one per character). So if you have at least two characters level 5 or above you can do two per day.

Saganator

I accidentally skipped the tutorial. Is there anyway to redo it?

Start a new character and do it with that?

The patch seems to be working. I was placed into a 15'ish player free roam with out any hassle. I'm also glad to see the 250k race challenge still works as well as the single player stock market bug. I don't feel bad about using the SP bug because I already played the game on PS3 and now I just want to buy helicopters and tanks. The grind is too much for online, I have a lot of fun but I really hate the system and think it could be much better. I wish there was more things to keep people in the free roam server.

Furyous

Start a new character and do it with that?

The patch seems to be working. I was placed into a 15'ish player free roam with out any hassle. I'm also glad to see the 250k race challenge still works as well as the single player stock market bug. I don't feel bad about using the SP bug because I already played the game on PS3 and now I just want to buy helicopters and tanks. The grind is too much for online, I have a lot of fun but I really hate the system and think it could be much better. I wish there was more things to keep people in the free roam server.

I did that so thanks for the suggestion.

I'm contemplating buying an apartment, turning on passive mode and sticking with crew events only. I wish there was an online stock glitch so I could do that and just chill. Apparently I got kicked from the Gaming Age family crew last year and didn't find out about it because my PS3 broke so I couldn't play the game.

Top Bottom