• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

boeso

Is there a way to keep from being thrown into a random public lobby after quitting out of an event or mission?

Last night I met up with a buddy in a friend's only lobby. Started up a shooting range challenge as host but mistakenly started playing before my buddy had accepted the invite. So I quit out only to be flown back into the sky to watch a loading screen and game tip for the next two minutes, before being flung into a public lobby with 15 other players. I then had to join my friend back in our friend's only lobby (through 'join friend'), go through another long load screen and then get dropped off at my apartment, load up the garage, and drive all the way back to the gun range.

Please tell me that this is a bug or something and that the game isn't supposed to work this way, because that's one hell of a hassle.

But once we started running some races and objectives we fell into a groove of playing something, voting, and playing the next event, etc etc. Then after a few more events we figured we'd head back into the open world for some random and emergent shenanigans. But neither of us knew how to just fall back into the world. So we quit out, which did the long load to put us each in random public lobbies, before quitting out of online which put us back into single-player, only to then select "GTA Online" friend's only lobby to jump back in.

There's got to be a better way right?

Been having the exact same problem. Even being in a crew only lobby with me and my buddy.Even when starting a tennis match. Got bored and decided to quit but both of us got split into separate lobbies.

Would also love someone to point out another way of staying together.

Hip Hop

So it's told me I'm not signed to Xbox Live even though I am when I was playing online.

Restarted the game, Unable to Connect to Rockstar Services now is what I get on Xbox One,

anyone else?

So, this busted too? Just downloaded a new patch, can't even connect to online. Says can't download files. Tried to play story, quits game to dashboard. Shit is getting real fucking old.

aember

Where are the good drivers at?

I'm experiencing the same issue with online races as I did with the last gen version: I'm beating people with modded Zentornos and XF's with my stock XF. That shit just shouldn't happen and yet it is; I'm struggling to find people that don't wipe out on the first corner. :\

On a brighter note, I had some other NGAF'er join and he had bets placed on him too (he didn't lose anything after the race ergo it wasn't his own bet), so I think I made the people in the lobby think everyone's a damn fine driver here!

Mistel

Banned

I'm experiencing the same issue with online races as I did with the last gen version: I'm beating people with modded Zentornos and XF's with my stock XF. That shit just shouldn't happen and yet it is; I'm struggling to find people that don't wipe out on the first corner. :
There's a few of them out there it's really depends on luck of the draw. For what you mentioned with regards to stock versus modded it depends more on driving ability than the car so it should happen.

Doc Morbid

Neo Member

I'm experiencing the same issue with online races as I did with the last gen version: I'm beating people with modded Zentornos and XF's with my stock XF. That shit just shouldn't happen and yet it is; I'm struggling to find people that don't wipe out on the first corner. :\
I finally ran into some decent drivers before last night's DDoS and lost every race I took part in. To be fair, I'm not sure how much of that was the drivers being actually good and how much was them ramming me off the road when I overtook them (I'm assuming many GTA players hate the fact I'm driving a hot pink car), but still. I did screw up and crash into things a few times, so I'll take my share of the blame for losing some of those races.

Despite all this I didn't finish anywhere near last in any of the races, because some people just don't seem to have any idea how to drive in this game.

Anyone else utilizing the challenges to make easy money? Sitting at 1.8 mil after buying my favorite sports car and motorcycle and fully customizing them out and after buying a better apartment.

Now I just have to decide if the Buzzard is truly worth dropping the cash and starting back low. Also still need my super soon. This game is so much better when you aren't poor online. No need to farm stuff you just to get to enjoy the game.

Codiox

Anyone else utilizing the challenges to make easy money? Sitting at 1.8 mil after buying my favorite sports car and motorcycle and fully customizing them out and after buying a better apartment.

Now I just have to decide if the Buzzard is truly worth dropping the cash and starting back low. Also still need my super soon. This game is so much better when you aren't poor online. No need to farm stuff you just to get to enjoy the game.

Can you explain further how I can make easy money on GTA online?

Do the 250K challenges repeatedly pretty much is the fastest was.

^This. From my understanding now you can only do it once per character a day making a profit of 500k every 24 hours. But I heard you can delete your character/alt and level it up to do the challenges again (it requires level 5). I don't think that grinding is worth it but that's just my personal opinion. I grinded too much on the PS3 last year, I just want to enjoy the game now.

Vespene

Getting into a lobby in PS4 is almost impossible today. I wait 5 minutes trying to log on... staring at that loading screen. Times out back to Franklin. Repeat x3... 15 minutes later finally log in, start driving and I get kicked out.

I'm done with this game until they fix their online. It's been over a year since release and it still sucks so who knows if that will ever be.

Bollocks

it's nice that they added 30 players but not matter what kind of job I join, the lobby is either empty or filled with 2 max :(

Great, load times are still mostly ridiculous, unless you stay in a playlist. And co-up matchmaking is completely terrible. It is baffling that it has not changed since the last gen launch. I don't think I will touch this again anytime soon.

Yeah load times are insane and there's some serious issues with online right now. It's a shame because it can be so fun when it's working

I can't justify spending that much money on a Buzzard if you know where to look it takes less than 5 minutes to find one.

Pennybags

Anybody wanna play on XB1?

Gamertag: flysociety666

Ill also take a crew invite if there is one.

I just added you.

Anyone should feel free to add me. I have a hard time coming up with stuff to do on my own but I'll follow others' leads in nearly any activity.

Live GT: Pennybaggs

Grinchy

Banned
I'm really disappointed in the online for PS4. It still takes way too long to load everything, it still sucks at filling rooms up, it is still buggy as hell, ect. I was hoping that having better hardware was going to improve things.

aember

I can't justify spending that much money on a Buzzard if you know where to look it takes less than 5 minutes to find one.

The problem is if you're driving to one of the spawn points and a lower level gets there first, the Buzzard doesn't spawn, usually a Frogger or a Cargobob.

Top Bottom