• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

psn

Man, the framerate in the city is pretty choppy at times in comparison to the rest of the map. (PS4).

And Rockstar, PLEASE get rid of that damn auto-centering camera. It's so annoying. I should be able to look around freely. Who thought it would be a good idea to add this?

Even at 30fps it is choppy. A good motion blur would help. At 10m / s or 36 km/h it is one frame for 0,3m. Looks quite fluid. At 100m / s or 360km/h it is one frame for 3m. Ten times less fluid.
It will always look choppy without a good motion blur.

Haven't seen any 250K challenges all today. I'm wondering if R* took them all out finally. I'm sitting at 2.5 million with enough to buy everything I would want, but I would be broke then. Might see if these half off shark cards are worth investing in just to avoid the grind later on.

Are the servers working yet. I would like to be able to stay online and play with 30 players. Kinda lost faith in r*.

no. you may get free roam with 20 - but 5 are not playing and another 5 vanish or return to do missions.
in missions unless you in a crew, and they are online, and they answer invitations; its between 1 and 6 people, typically.

I find if you dedicate 2 hours to online u get about 20 minutes of decent play. If you party up and know what you are doing, that low fun to wait percentage can get better.

psn

Haven't seen any 250K challenges all today. I'm wondering if R* took them all out finally. I'm sitting at 2.5 million with enough to buy everything I would want, but I would be broke then. Might see if these half off shark cards are worth investing in just to avoid the grind later on.

Dont buy the cards. This is GTA, the community will find more glitches soon.

I already spent around 20 million $ ingame and there are still things I'd love to buy.

Last night I was tearing it up in a jet online while 'Wayward Son' played on the radio. It's moment like those that make me love this game even more.

Are the servers working yet. I would like to be able to stay online and play with 30 players. Kinda lost faith in r*.

3 of us played for 2 hour last night, and suffered a few 'net split' moments where the lobby just threw everyone out and we had to regroup again. I think they're getting better, but still not what they should be.

Ted

I've kind of given up on getting GAF to join from invites but still had some great fun using the join quick job option on the phone to get into contact missions with randoms last night.

I am enjoying playing backup to new groups so when they inevitably die in the harder missions that require a bit of thought (Stocks and Scares for example) as a team we can still complete the required objectives.

I'm basically avoiding races at the moment (which I usually love) unless they are custom cars off or planes but did manage to join a good air race play list with some good guys. I'm not racing as much simply because the turbo bug still seems to be effecting the speed of my cars, I did a little re-test post patch and the times are still out by a little under a second down the length of Sandy Shores airfield.

I can't be bothered to spend a load of in-game money removing and eventually replacing turbos from my modded cars but if this bug continues I guess I will have to as I am really missing the Grand Tour!

I was there, it was me in the tank.

Do you see yourself upgrading mate? I miss our sessions.

Do we have a list of everything that is reduced in GTAO? I assume we are still having less world objects/detail, less pedestrians, and no animals?

When you have a PS4 Microphone/camera, is there a way to make voice-chat activate on a button press?

Ted

I tried to play last night with a stinking cold after waking up at like 2am. I was utterly awful but I did have some fun with GAF'ers on free aim missions so I enjoyed it none-the-less. Good games all.

Do we have a list of everything that is reduced in GTAO? I assume we are still having less world objects/detail, less pedestrians, and no animals?

Reduced traffic density, no animals and possibly reduced draw distance. I'm working on some comparisons but I'm slow (and lazy!).

When you have a PS4 Microphone/camera, is there a way to make voice-chat activate on a button press?

No idea on this one but I suspect not.

Bailey 87

I tried to play last night with a stinking cold after waking up at like 2am. I was utterly awful but I did have some fun with GAF'ers on free aim missions so I enjoyed it none-the-less. Good games all.

Yeah I really enjoyed the missions we did (I'm dudebro :p) The flying races were so damn hard though. I kept slamming into buildings.

You mean ptt(push to talk) then no. That would require a button being assigned. Mostly everone is using open mic nowadays.

Best thing I can recommend is to find a headset with an easy to press mute toggle. I use the Sony Pulse Elites, and the mute button is on the side, near the volume. It plays an audible tone, different for muting/un muting, and an on screen notification comes up for me too, to show me battery level and if the mic is muted or not. In my eyes, it's the best thing available. The mute button, but more specifically , Sony headsets for the PS series.

Tigress

Heh, sorry I sucked so bad on the second missions. I'm amazed I hit anyone with free aim (though it does seem like it's easier to manually aim than when on partial aim). And then I totally missed there were boats to steal on the second part when I ended up dunking us in the water. Totally would have done that differently if I had known (I was trying to catch up to the boats the meth was on). Noticed them the second try we did.

Was definitely fun though. Hopefully i will be welcome back despite my suckiness. I try, really.

As for headsets conversation, I'm just going to whine that the ps4 won't support my Blutooth headset for the PS3 (which I bought solely for GTA). The one that comes with the ps4 is so cheap it makes the original apple earbuds look good and it hurts my ear. But I think I have more fun not talking sometimes. Not to mention I can be really chatty which annoys some people (think about the fact most my posts here aren't short ;) ).

Reule

How have the servers been recently? I'm going to transfer my character tomorrow, I think. I was waiting to make sure there would've be any mishaps. Hopefully everything transfers fine.

Where can I get them?

They've been patched.

- sell cars per day (custom NPC cars are worth more)
- jack the vans full of cash
- GRIND GRIND GRIND
- races with friends
- complete flight school
- GRIND GRIND GRIND
- sell Simeons cars off the list
- ask a rich friend to set a 10K bounty on you, then chill in your apartment
- GRIND GRIND GRIND

Tigress

They've been patched
- ask a rich friend to set a 10K bounty on you, then chill in your apartment

Correction, chill in an invite only session. They changed it so hiding in your apartment does not move the timer (I think they even made it so that it increases the timer).

Ted

Heh, sorry I sucked so bad on the second missions. I'm amazed I hit anyone with free aim (though it does seem like it's easier to manually aim than when on partial aim). And then I totally missed there were boats to steal on the second part when I ended up dunking us in the water. Totally would have done that differently if I had known (I was trying to catch up to the boats the meth was on). Noticed them the second try we did.

Was definitely fun though. Hopefully i will be welcome back despite my suckiness. I try, really.

I didn't think you played bad at all but even if you did, of course you'd be welcome back. If people were excluded for not being great at a game, I'd play alone all the time!

I'm sure quite a few gamers are pretty judgemental/elitist but the folk I've played with from GAF most certainly aren't. Good times all round. :)

Yeah I really enjoyed the missions we did (I'm dudebro :p) The flying races were so damn hard though. I kept slamming into buildings.

You more than made up for it with your shooting. Watching you try to get to those boats was pretty humbling! :)

It's fun playing with folks that want to get stuck into missions but don't just race away and instead play it like a crew.

I enjoyed the few more we played yesterday, good games. Meant to record the last one but I was so elated we finished it successfully that I forgot! Those damn Merryweather fellas shoot like experienced snipers no matter what they're carrying and no matter what fire they're under.

BigDug13

Correction, chill in an invite only session. They changed it so hiding in your apartment does not move the timer (I think they even made it so that it increases the timer).

Chill in a submarine? It used to be pretty much impossible for anyone to get to you there. Not sure if that's still true. (Couldn't yank someone out of a sub)

Reule

Everything transferred fine and unlocked all the MP trophies, yay. New character creator is pretty great. I noticed they added Niko and Claude for the next-gen version, that's nice. Still kept John Marston as my dad though.

Only problem I've had was joining Quick Jobs. It'll try launching but then kick back to Free Roam. No error. When I try again, I'll get stuck in the sky infinitely. Have to back out of the game and go back in. Otherwise, everything has gone well.

Tigress

I'm with you. I can't even get myself to do third person even when I know i could do much better in it (anytime I have to shoot in cover. I hate how it works in first person and how it always tries to auto aim in some random direction).

But I swear I actually drive better in first person.

Does anyone know if Rockstar is planning on adding animals to online? Seems like a real missed opportunity, not to mention potential hilarity to see your friend get taken down by a cougar.

Dont buy the cards. This is GTA, the community will find more glitches soon.

I already spent around 20 million $ ingame and there are still things I'd love to buy.

I completely get that but that was last gen, I truly think there will be less bugs and glitches in the newer gen versions. Plus I don't mind paying to access stuff I want that I would have to grind for weeks to afford. My time is worth more than 25 dollars but I completely think for other people especially those who aren't working they should consider just waiting.

-

Also I think I might play in passive mode more. I fully tricked out my favorite sports car, I don't feel the urge to buy a super, if I am in a race I can always use a stock Zentorno. I want to just be restricted to enjoying my fully customized 9F instead of feeling like I need to be driving a Zentorno or Adder because I have it maxed.

Man, what the fuck is going on today? No one is joining any lobbies I'm hosting, and I'm being put into lobbies on my own when I join missions. You'd think a game as popular as this one would have lobbies filling in no time at all.

Tigress

I completely get that but that was last gen, I truly think there will be less bugs and glitches in the newer gen versions.

I dunno, it seems like the new versions are buggier and glitchier than the old ones (and usually not in the can exploit kind of ways either but more in the crashes a lot kind of ways).

My Bullet vanished out of my garage luckily it returned, got me worried when I was just looking straight at an empty space in my garage.

Has anyone else noticed that their character's stats are messed up after transferring your character? My strength and driving skills are reset and never seem to increase, no matter how much I play

Also, my health keeps on increasing to 60, but never past 60.

Anyone else having any of these issues?

Tigress

Has anyone else noticed that their character's stats are messed up after transferring your character? My strength and driving skills are reset and never seem to increase, no matter how much I play

Also, my health keeps on increasing to 60, but never past 60.

Anyone else having any of these issues?

Yeah, my driving and strength skills are way down (and I haven't seen it say my driving skill increased at all yet. I just figured I'd work it up again but you mentioning htis has me thinking I haven't seen any messages about driving skill increasing and I usually notice those).

Had an awesome session with strangers earlier tonight, which is the first time I've ever enjoyed the game when playing by myself. Lots of new missions that I'd never played before were appearing in the playlists. I'm guessing it was because I wasn't the host, and the other guys were level 200's. I earned around 200k all-in-all. We just went from mission to mission for a good few hours.

Ted

Had an awesome session with strangers earlier tonight, which is the first time I've ever enjoyed the game when playing by myself. Lots of new missions that I'd never played before were appearing in the playlists. I'm guessing it was because I wasn't the host, and the other guys were level 200's. I earned around 200k all-in-all. We just went from mission to mission for a good few hours.

When you get in with a good group quick join can be a really good way to make new GTA acquaintances. On the last gen version I stumbled a few times on group playing the missions in a full on criminal role-play way and always had a blast.

You wouldn't recommend it for others as a purchase?

I'm not the original poster but I love it. Skimming over the rolling water to come into land by the coast is a joy at sunset. I don't think it has any real use (I can think of maybe one mission where it might be handy) but it's a fun waste of time and money.

Do the people in the crew play on the crew only servers sometimes? I want to know how populated it is.

I've never got into a session with more than myself when using the option. I think a little co-ordination in this thread would probably be the best way to get a whole group of the crew together.

I was playing a little yesterday and finally took the time to photograph my newest favourite toy:

dCBwQ9dAlUeqdACIs1GSEQ_0_0.jpg

mNZ-DB4YOkulg1nDa6uRLQ_0_0.jpg

And it makes such a good noise.

I also noticed a little detail I hadn't spotted before. On last gen I fleetingly wondered if the CAB graffiti in LS was a deliberate reference to LA Street Artist CAB K2S LOD, last night I took a photo of the spot near where Franklin lives and noticed a little LOD tag on it. It's mightily impressive (or totally coincidental!) how well R* research the areas their worlds are inspired by.

8L8lgbOtk0iljRCBoPovhg_0_0.jpg

Later when browsing the social club for my images I spotted that all of my mugshots from the character creator had automatically been added to my gallery. I assume this is the case for everyone? And if so, let's see your mugshot folks!

My main:

SrNIrHRsP0uPuPgS_F1F-A_0_0.jpg

I'm still struggling to stick to a second character, I've tried a few now but can't quite decide on a secondary persona...

d1ERZzjit0atGyM0fVKRNg_0_0.jpg

V1nT-7trbE-eFwm02DqTlw_0_0.jpg

oqvIP3wChUupNxLtmMkgDg_0_0.jpg

Naw9C19VxEKr6zhkav545A_0_0.jpg

QjO6kAxfD0CrLBXdptidtQ_0_0.jpg

Top Bottom