• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

rObit

Banned
Not having the random errors and disconnects anymore, but I still rarely get into a lobby with more than 5 people in it. Just applied for the GAF crew on PS4, so hopefully I can get some better games there with you lovely folks.

Ted

OP and FAQ updated to reflect questions asked so far.

Any exploits for easy money?

Not currently. There is a small glitch that enables you to bring cars from co-op missions back to free-roam to sell but this requires multiple players and the car collector to not play an active part in at least the final part of the co-op mission so is not encouraged.

It's also not necessarily a route to easy/quick money. You still need a valuable car to spawn during a mission, then ensure the mission is completed whilst you are in your valuable car, parked in a specific way, then you need to get to free-roam and sell the car, then of course there is the 48 minute timer on car sales.... all in all, it's probably not worth it.

Tigress

Any exploits for easy money?

My easiest money is not going to get you rich quick but at least provide a steady income. Keep spaces open in your garage and start storing cars that are easily found that make a lot of money (now that gang cars don't reliably spawn I find the baller is the most common one you can find and it's worth 9k) in the garage. Since many will spawn at once you can just spend a few minutes stocking/restocking up and sell one in between activities. It is not going to give you money quick as you can only sell one every in game day but it will provide at least a guarenteed inflow of money. And the advantage of stocking up is that you don't have to go looking for them. Only steal them when they are easily findable so you don't spend a lot of time searching for one to steal every time you want to sell one.

My easiest money is not going to get you rich quick but at least provide a steady income. Keep spaces open in your garage and start storing cars that are easily found that make a lot of money (now that gang cars don't reliably spawn I find the baller is the most common one you can find and it's worth 9k) in the garage. Since many will spawn at once you can just spend a few minutes stocking/restocking up and sell one in between activities. It is not going to give you money quick as you can only sell one every in game day but it will provide at least a guarenteed inflow of money. And the advantage of stocking up is that you don't have to go looking for them. Only steal them when they are easily findable so you don't spend a lot of time searching for one to steal every time you want to sell one.

Yeah I find a fare amount of ballers and felon gt around my apartment (the most expensive one).

But missions make a ton of money, and there are extremely easy ones to do. I just wish they had heists already. Did they give anymore news on the 1.19 date? They said soon after launch, but that's BS.

Edit: eh servers are down?

nikos

Is there a way to constantly stay connected with a friend while playing on PS4? After jobs, we are thrown into random sessions. I heard pressing O rather than voting for free mode works, but we're still thrown into random sessions unless I'm not remembering correctly.

Also, how can we do missions together rather than PVP jobs? Are they all marked on the map with stars?

Thanks!

Is finding these cars for Simeon supposed to be this fucking impossible? I even stooped to looking up locations online but even that didn't work (car wasn't there). Do most people just ignore it or is there some trick to it? Or is this just how it's supposed to be?

Mistel

Banned
Is finding these cars for Simeon supposed to be this fucking impossible? I even stooped to looking up locations online but even that didn't work (car wasn't there). Do most people just ignore it or is there some trick to it? Or is this just how it's supposed to be?
Some are easier to find once you know the spawn point others are annoying to get.

spent 4 hours last night just crashing against the gate of the Airforce Base just to get 4 stars wanted then race up the highway

I found sometimes I get killed near road blocks when I spawn just run back towards the black X marks where you died the armored trucks and cops are still there just or just about to drive away

I run to the brown military armored ones and get in OH Joy just ride around car free for 40+ minutes bullets can't touch you

but later they started to shoot my tires :(

I am on PS4 what is the button to hide behind the wheel so you can get shot driving? is that a thing?

Mature

Is there a way to constantly stay connected with a friend while playing on PS4? After jobs, we are thrown into random sessions. I heard pressing O rather than voting for free mode works, but we're still thrown into random sessions unless I'm not remembering correctly.

Also, how can we do missions together rather than PVP jobs? Are they all marked on the map with stars?

Thanks!
Do you start your missions together in the same lobby? Voting for free mode after that should send you back to the same one. If not, it definitely will if you both start in an invite only lobby.

thanks

finally made my peace with the character I have now so I'll stick with the ugly thing now level 23

any tips to getting all the Skills maxed?

Omni

Saw a group of three players gang up and kill a low level player like 10+ times last night. So while they were in a shop buying new clothes, I drove up and waited outside with my auto shotgun. As they walked out, I killed them all before they could react. I then blew up their cars and drove off into the sunset...

What followed was a 40+ minute chase all over the map and me getting another 8 kills on them in the mountains. All while they were raging through their headsets. They didn't get me once

Very fun. Also funny.

Tawpgun

Saw a group of three players gang up and kill a low level player like 10+ times last night. So while they were in a shop buying new clothes, I drove up and waited outside with my auto shotgun. As they walked out, I killed them all before they could react. I then blew up their cars and drove off into the sunset...

What followed was a 40+ minute chase all over the map and me getting another 8 kills on them in the mountains. All while they were raging through their headsets. They didn't get me once

Very fun. Also funny.

This is what I live for in GTA:O

Me and my friends would do something similar in GTAIV free mode. We would take to the rooftops with snipers and just dong on a group of players to get them mad. We would then go to some designated part of the map that was a good hold out location (we knew pretty much every enterable building in the game) and just hold out against them.

Tigress

Very fun. Also funny.

Damn I wish I could do that kind of stuff, I'd love it. But I suck at the game so I would just end up getting killed over and over with the other person. And what a bunch of assholes (they are pretty much a big reason of what is wrong with GTA online in my opinion. I got some problems with what R* does but mostly with the fact that the game really doesn't discourage griefing at all and R*'s attempts really don't do anything).

But yeah, if I were good at the game, I'd love trolling the griefers. Like for example I know of a perfect little spot for sniping people who like to wait at the most popular pay and spray except I'm not that good of a sniper (plus I'd have to figure out who was trolling people there and I'd hate to accidentally grief some one who wasn't griefing themselves).

Luckily for griefers I suck at the game cause if I didn't I'd have way too much fun trolling them (I have no problem messing with people whose fun is trying to ruin everyone else's fun. And yes, I think if you find you are killing some one over and over again and they are obviously nowhere near your level, especially if they are running away and trying to get away from you... I'm not going to care if I'm ruining your fun, in fact it will make it that much sweeter for me. Because it's obvious your fun is trying to make everyone else miserable).

Mistel

Banned
I think if you find you are killing some one over and over again and they are obviously nowhere near your level, especially if they are running away and trying to get away from you... I'm not going to care if I'm ruining your fun, in fact it will make it that much sweeter for me. Because it's obvious your fun is trying to make everyone else miserable).
What happens if they person doing it is nowhere near your level?

You're better off checking known gang car locations and selling them instead. They're worth as much, don't have to be sprayed, don't have to lose the cops and can be sold at your leisure. in between those, sell Ballers. Fuck Simeon.

webkatt

OP and FAQ updated to reflect questions asked so far.

Not currently. There is a small glitch that enables you to bring cars from co-op missions back to free-roam to sell but this requires multiple players and the car collector to not play an active part in at least the final part of the co-op mission so is not encouraged.

It's also not necessarily a route to easy/quick money. You still need a valuable car to spawn during a mission, then ensure the mission is completed whilst you are in your valuable car, parked in a specific way, then you need to get to free-roam and sell the car, then of course there is the 48 minute timer on car sales.... all in all, it's probably not worth it.

Boooo. For some reason the game wouldn't let me import my PS3 save [to X1] . I had to start fresh. I got the returning player stuff like the hatchet.

jimminy1403

Neo Member
This might be a bit of an odd question, but what do people do online?

Was trying to find a team death match type game, but every one of them I joined seemed really empty. Is there some mode that's really popular and everyone plays (besides free play)?

That's interesting, for the sake of the FAQ can you check the cheaper car retailer on the web and see if the Blista is listed? Thanks in advance SandC.

will check after this race been grinding levels for some reason I've been hitting 3 world records per race that has me gain 1 level per race which is faster than what I've experienced before

Mistel

Banned
That's interesting, for the sake of the FAQ can you check the cheaper car retailer on the web and see if the Blista is listed? Thanks in advance SandC.
As they're a new player it wont be listed same with the monster truck, if they were returning then the blista would be listed as $42000.
I really want a monster truck to own and keep

I am not a returning player so how can I get one?
There is no monster truck that is available to you as a non returning player as the liberator is no longer sold and the marshal is a returning player vehicle.

Ted

will check after this race been grinding levels for some reason I've been hitting 3 world records per race that has me gain 1 level per race which is faster than what I've experienced before

Thanks man.

As they're a new player it wont be listed same with the monster truck, if they were returning then the blista would be listed as $42000.

There is no monster truck that is available to you as a non returning player as the liberator is no longer sold and the marshal is a returning player vehicle.

This is what I suspect but I don't have a new throwaway account so would be keen to have it confirmed by a non-returning player.

Are any weapons in the same position (Online not SP)?

no Dinka Balista for me

as a new player I feel very cheated again I feel rockstar should have at least allow me to pay money for the stuff they gave returning players I feel fucked

there are things I just want all the extra guns cars planes I wanted them too

no Dinka Balista for me

as a new player I feel very cheated again I feel rockstar should have at least allow me to pay money for the stuff they gave returning players I feel fucked

there are things I just want all the extra guns cars planes I wanted them too

Go rent the last gen version at a redbox, play the first mission, voila, you get the content.

Mistel

Banned
This is what I suspect but I don't have a new throwaway account so would be keen to have it confirmed by a non-returning player.
Are any weapons in the same position (Online not SP)?
It's already confirmed that you don't get the return benefits if you're not a returning player, as for weapons other than the single player exclusive stuff and the hatchet I think you can get more or less everything.

What would be the best method to gain RP? Level 58 from the transfer.

racing

I've been playing what seems to be a glitch with the world record

every few laps the World Record RP reward pops up even when my lap time is worst it seems went from 25 to now 34 just racing last night

9 holes of golf is fun RP too 10mins for 1200RP?

Oni Jazar

This might be a bit of an odd question, but what do people do online?

Was trying to find a team death match type game, but every one of them I joined seemed really empty. Is there some mode that's really popular and everyone plays (besides free play)?

When I play I usually go to missions and races. If you do a quick job it should just take you to whatever game mode is populated.

Ted

no Dinka Balista for me

Thanks man. For what it's worth the Blista and monster truck (and Dodo?) are fun to have but not essential for anything.

It's already confirmed that you don't get the return benefits if you're not a returning player, as for weapons other than the single player exclusive stuff and the hatchet I think you can get more or less everything.

I have to be honest I didn't expect it to work like that and really haven't seen much chat about it so it flew right past me. I suppose the Dodo is the same?

On a related note, I'm trying to only add info to the OP anf FAQ that have been specifically detailed by R* or has been confirmed by GAF'ers. Mostly so it is correct but also so it is 'our' knowledge base, not just 'a' knowledge base.

Inclusion, ownership, community. All that good stuff.

Anyway mate thanks for the clarification, I'll update the FAQ later.

Top Bottom