• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

MADGAME

Awesome comments from the anti-troll squad.

You guys should form an above the law gang with it's own brand of street justice, wandering free-roam lobbies administering the righteous fist against the evil trolls.

Mistel

Banned
I have to be honest I didn't expect it to work like that and really haven't seen much chat about it so it flew right past me. I suppose the Dodo is the same?
It's a returning player bonus vehicle so it should work the the same way as the others in that you won't get it if you're not a returning player.

MAX PAYMENT

So. What is different and better about GTA online now compared to early 360 GTA online.

It looks like it has tons of potential, but I had a hard time getting into it then.

Mistel

Banned
What is the best gun in PvP? I got destroyed by some roll-spamming high level idiots yesterday.
There's no exactly best gun but generally the higher the level they're unlock the better the gun is. Other than a few weapons which have not unlock requirements such as the dlc weapons from the content packs. Generally a AP pistol along with a special carbine are probably some of the best out of those available.

Ted

Is there a gaf clan? I clicked on the link in the OP but it didn't take me to any thread.

The PS4 NGAF link in the OP takes you to the Rockstar Social Club, to join a crew you need to sign up there and then use the links to apply. Alternatively PM Baron Von Beans here at GAF.

So. What is different and better about GTA online now compared to early 360 GTA online.

It looks like it has tons of potential, but I had a hard time getting into it then.

Additional jobs (DM, TDM, LTS, versus (capture etc.) races, co-op), a content creator for the creation of races/DM/capture events, additional vehicles and weapons, additional vanity items, re-balanced job payouts (to include a time and mission level factor), 30 player lobbies, enhanced prettiness, FPV and probably other things I have missed.

The core structure is the same however and the additions are mostly "more of the same".

With luck in the longer term heists will come along with more content updates as we've experienced throughout the period since release. I'd also be keen for R* to re-examine the matchmaking or lack thereof within instanced jobs but very little has been done with this aspect since release so I'm not expecting huge functional changes.

It's a returning player bonus vehicle so it should work the the same way as the others in that you won't get it if you're not a returning player.

Thanks Storm.

Perhaps the lovely Smiles and Cries could check out Elitas on the in game internet to confirm.

Sorry for the delay in accepting the last run of crew mates, holidays/work/music has been kicking my ass so far. Haven't had much GTA time, aside from about 30 min last night when I played with Ludenocity (I think? Spelling is likely way off) for a mission, and attemtped some races but I kept timing out :( 19 days of hell left for me, and my schedule will be clearing up some. I also just posted another "member drive" in the SP OT, hopefully we will be seeing more and more new faces round hea'.
Is finding these cars for Simeon supposed to be this fucking impossible? I even stooped to looking up locations online but even that didn't work (car wasn't there). Do most people just ignore it or is there some trick to it? Or is this just how it's supposed to be?
You're better off checking known gang car locations and selling them instead. They're worth as much, don't have to be sprayed, don't have to lose the cops and can be sold at your leisure. in between those, sell Ballers. Fuck Simeon.
Sorry Pestilence, but you got it all wrong. Neoparadigm - you will eventually start to notice these without realizing it. Start to really pay attention to the cars, and you'll be able to spot a car on the list just by it's headlights as you fly by it going 100mph. Some of the cars on the list are worth close to 15k, so yes, they are absolutely worth it. Especially when you consider they are separate from the Los Santos Custom selling rules (One car every 44 real life minutes), and you can make up to 25k in minutes. Throw in a Simeon High Priority Vehicle and you could be looking at 50k within 10 minutes of joining.

The problem is though, if you aren't seeing the cars in your Simeon list on the street, you wont for a bit. Go do something else, rob a store, stock up on guns and inventory, whatever, and look again in 5-10 minutes. Try to find a gang car (or 5) in that time frame. Online in PS4 has a much wider selection of vehicles on each "cycle" (ps3 car cycle changes were very obvious, ps4 has 2-3 different cycles loaded at once). By "cycle" I mean vehicles that are loaded into the world. Example - when you see Issi Minis, Sultans, you are likely to see Ballers, with the occasional Felon. If you see Habaneros, and Landstalkers, you'll likely see Ocelots, and Gresleys. In time, you will start to notice these, you just need to pay closer attention.
I love how people shoot at me when I'm in passive mode.
Glad to see people haven't learned. It's even more obvious now, with you being transparent. Last gen people had to go through the effort of looking at thier radar to see if someone was passive. I love watching people waste ammo on me, as I blow them kisses :-*
Has anyone else noticed that the game looks and feels a little choppier when you have the sniper rifle equipped? Here's a video showing what I'm talking about:

GTA V - Sniper rifle framerate drops

Is this a known issue, or...?
At work...but I'll certainly watch this, as I have my heavy sniper out 95% of the time I am playing Online. I'm sooo close to unlocking the LSPD color scheme :D But I can't really say I have noticed anything yet..

In the video it looks like you're moving the analog sticks at different speeds more than anything else even looking at the buildings in the background.

True, but there are times when I move them at the same, or close to the same speeds, and there's blatant (to me) choppiness. It's instantly noticeable the moment I switch to the sniper.

It's not the first time I've noticed it, either. Try it for yourself and see if you can replicate it. I hope it's not just happening to me...

Mistel

Banned
True, but there are times when I move them at the same, or close to the same speeds, and there's blatant (to me) choppiness. It's instantly noticeable the moment I switch to the sniper.

It's not the first time I've noticed it, either. Try it for yourself and see if you can replicate it. I hope it's not just happening to me...
Frame rate drops I've seen happen more with driving especially in the city than looking left to right like in the video.

Frame rate drops I've seen happen more with driving especially in the city than looking left to right like in the video.

Oh yeah, definitely, but I still feel the difference immediately when switching to my sniper rifle. It's just a little annoying is all as I'm really sensitive to the smallest of framerate drops.

Where are all the videos guys? The Share-function on your PS4 is supposed to be used for these kinds of games!
I put some up a while back, I could report one :D And a couple new ones. I try to get at least one video per play session. This game, and the system (PS4 mainly, but the Bone too!) are designed for it, they are a perfect pair.

Out of nowhere

This is a video to show off the collision detection. On my side, Felix gets plowed by Los Santos' finest. But, on his side, I remember hearing him say that car just barely missed him.

Cinematic camera fun

Ok so I cheated a bit, and this one is in single player, but I use the cinematic camera enough online that I feel this could've been online :D

Death By Besra

This was my first GTA vid, and the last time I used the ShareFactory for it. Too much nonsense, not enough GTA vid. I think this was on Day 2, when the online rooms were filled with TONS of bright eyed new players. Story for this vid - I killed a low level player to clear his bounty, and was in the process of giving him money when he killed me. Ok, no worries, tit for tat. I repsawn, walked up to him, he killed me again. Ok then. I then just decided to drive reallly close to him all the time, following him, just trying to evade his bullets. After a little bit of this, I grabbed my Besra, and decided to do some fly by's once I located him again. By the end, I wanted a little retribution, and to try to teach a small (and likely pointless) lesson. Cue the video....

I went to different points of the map to test if equipping the sniper rifle causes stutter, and it only seems to happen in the city/downtown areas. Strange.

You're better off checking known gang car locations and selling them instead. They're worth as much, don't have to be sprayed, don't have to lose the cops and can be sold at your leisure. in between those, sell Ballers. Fuck Simeon.
Yeah that's probably a good idea. But I like the idea of getting Simeon's shit for him too. Does anyone know what happens after you get them all?

... you will eventually start to notice these without realizing it. Start to really pay attention to the cars, and you'll be able to spot a car on the list just by it's headlights as you fly by it going 100mph. Some of the cars on the list are worth close to 15k, so yes, they are absolutely worth it. Especially when you consider they are separate from the Los Santos Custom selling rules (One car every 44 real life minutes), and you can make up to 25k in minutes. Throw in a Simeon High Priority Vehicle and you could be looking at 50k within 10 minutes of joining.

The problem is though, if you aren't seeing the cars in your Simeon list on the street, you wont for a bit. Go do something else, rob a store, stock up on guns and inventory, whatever, and look again in 5-10 minutes. Try to find a gang car (or 5) in that time frame. Online in PS4 has a much wider selection of vehicles on each "cycle" (ps3 car cycle changes were very obvious, ps4 has 2-3 different cycles loaded at once). By "cycle" I mean vehicles that are loaded into the world. Example - when you see Issi Minis, Sultans, you are likely to see Ballers, with the occasional Felon. If you see Habaneros, and Landstalkers, you'll likely see Ocelots, and Gresleys. In time, you will start to notice these, you just need to pay closer attention.

Nice. Thanks for this.

There's no exactly best gun but generally the higher the level they're unlock the better the gun is. Other than a few weapons which have not unlock requirements such as the dlc weapons from the content packs. Generally a AP pistol along with a special carbine are probably some of the best out of those available.

Thanks! Did not know the AP pistol is good.

Tigress

I'm not sure they spawn regularly in the PS4 version. Or at least I don't know where they spawn anymore in the PS4 version cause the reliable places they spawn in PS3 just aren't in PS4 (i've tried).

So at this point I've gone back to just the cars that spawn in groups and grabbing a bunch of them when I see them (Ballers seem to be the easiest one to grab. The other one as expensive as Ballers I never see that much). Sure, they're not 12-13k, but you still can get 9k for them (which in my experience is about the high end of what Simeon will give you. I want to know what cars he gives 15k for cause if you are just doing the one where he gives you a list, I've never gotten more than maybe 10k for one. If I'm lucky the one where he specifies one car might be worth 18k but I find usually he's not asking for anything that he'll give that much for).

Tigress

What happens if they person doing it is nowhere near your level?

If he's griefing other players who are obviously weaker than him (and I'm not talking levels, I'm talking they obviously don't have the same game playing skills as him) and he isn't letting off them even when they are trying to just get away... I wouldn't feel bad. Karma.

I just wish I was a good enough player to actually play karma (I'm not, I'm one of the ones that ends up getting picked on but I usually just change servers when that happens. It's not worth staying around to be some troll's amusement who refuses to leave me alone even when I make a point of not fighting back to show I'm not interested).

Awesome comments from the anti-troll squad.

You guys should form an above the law gang with it's own brand of street justice, wandering free-roam lobbies administering the righteous fist against the evil trolls.

I'd love to do this but I'd probably be more of a hindrance than help. That and I eventually get bored of shootouts (I usually don't tend to get involved unless I'm dead bored and nothing else to do. Especially when I actually have goals I'm trying to work on).

Speaking of which, totally off topic from this post....

Should I save up for the monster truck first or the trainer jet first? (I have just enough for the monster truck but part of me says I should go for the most expensive and when I get that it won't feel so much to try to just save up for the monster truck)? Also, I find the Rebel actually will go over a lot of cars like the monster truck will (least my Rebel seems able to drive over cars).

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm actually planning to play some GTA Online for the first time. I never had an interest prior.

Anyone got any tips for a noob? I want to know the fastest way to level up that doesn't require insane skills

Thanks.

Wil348

I find that one of the best missions for RP and Cash is Potshot. It's located by the highway turnoff for McKenzie Airfield at the base of Mount Chiliad. If you take around 5 minutes you get about $10K.

I'm not sure they spawn regularly in the PS4 version. Or at least I don't know where they spawn anymore in the PS4 version cause the reliable places they spawn in PS3 just aren't in PS4 (i've tried).
I've found driving in a gang car around those areas help spawn them better. I have about a 50% success rate lately, but a friend of mine is straight cleaning up the streets. He finds them very easily. So, it's still kind of a crapshoot.
I want to know what cars he gives 15k for cause if you are just doing the one where he gives you a list, I've never gotten more than maybe 10k for one. If I'm lucky the one where he specifies one car might be worth 18k but I find usually he's not asking for anything that he'll give that much for).
Ocelots! The regular one is the Jackal, it's worth over 10 if I remember. Can't say how much, been several days since I have delivered one. If these are on your list, hunt them down, but don't try too hard because they become rare once simeon wants them. I might find one parked somewhere, but good luck finding it. Pic -
ORFTJtg.png

The Ocelot F620 is the one worth the most, that one is the close to 15k car. It may be in the 12-14 ballpark, I really can't remember when the last time I sold one of these to Simeon, likely a week ago or more. I find these to be rarer than the Jackals. But they pay off very well. Pic -
LXam4Bw.png

Always stay away from motorcycles, they pay crap. Habanero's aren't bad if you wanna quickly grab one, I think they are in the 8-9k area, and can be plentiful. Same goes for Lanstalkers, BJs, Patriots, and FXQ2 or whatever (the SUV that looks like Nissan Rougue/Infinity QX45). The Gresleys, Volts, two motorcycles, and a few others I can't remember are all in the 4-6k area, and almost not worth it :( I say almost, because it's still easy money.
Should I save up for the monster truck first or the trainer jet first? (I have just enough for the monster truck but part of me says I should go for the most expensive and when I get that it won't feel so much to try to just save up for the monster truck)? Also, I find the Rebel actually will go over a lot of cars like the monster truck will (least my Rebel seems able to drive over cars).
I have the Liberator, and have been meaning to buy the new Monster Truck, to have a pair :D Yea there are civilain vehicles that do drive over cars (Sandkings do a fine job of this also), but the Monster Truck does it differently. It's not quite what I expected, but at the same it's still amazingly awesome. For me the Liberator purchase was half nostalgia (thanks to the Monster Truck spawning at the arena in San Andreas down from CJ's house), and half because it's a freakin monster truck! But I think the Besra Stunt Jet is a better buy. More expensive, yes, but it's a blast to fly. Faster than a Lazer fighter jet, and way more nimble. I love flying that through the streets more than driving over everything in the streets in the monster trucks. That is my preference, especially in first person view. Check out my Besra video several posts up to see it in action :D

Mistel

Banned
The Ocelot F620 is the one worth the most, that one is the close to 15k car. It may be in the 12-14 ballpark, I really can't remember when the last time I sold one of these to Simeon. I find these to be rarer than the Jackals. But they pay off very well. Pic -
LXam4Bw.png
F260's are $123000 when a simeon requested vehicle, $15670 as high priority vehicles, and usually they're are less when just found in the world when not a simeon or priority vehicle. They're a pain to find other than at a few places.

F260's are $123000 when a simeon requested vehicle, $15670 as high priority vehicles, and usually they're are less when just found in the world when not a simeon or priority vehicle. They're a pain to find other than at a few places.
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I know just selling them to Los Santos, they are about 8k. I think I might have been getting some of my High Priority cars and Text message car values mixed. Still not a bad way to make a little extra scratch.

Tigress

Ocelots! The regular one is the Jackal, it's worth over 10 if I remember. Can't say how much, been several days since I have delivered one. If these are on your list, hunt them down, but don't try too hard because they become rare once simeon wants them. I might find one parked somewhere, but good luck finding it.

Really? cause I think a long time ago I sold him an ocelot when he requested it and it was not impressive at all so I never tried again with those.

Always stay away from motorcycles, they pay crap. Habanero's aren't bad if you wanna quickly grab one, I think they are in the 8-9k area, and can be plentiful. Same goes for Lanstalkers, BJs, Patriots, and FXQ2 or whatever (the SUV that looks like Nissan Rougue/Infinity QX45). The Gresleys, Volts, two motorcycles, and a few others I can't remember are all in the 4-6k area, and almost not worth it :( I say almost, because it's still easy money.

Yeah I know motorcycles pay crap. I usually go for Landstalkers if they are there (they're my favorite), Patriots if I must (They're so slow they're harder to get free from the cops), and the FXQ2 (ugly ugly ugly. But then Nissans are ugly).

I have the Liberator, and have been meaning to buy the new Monster Truck, to have a pair :D Yea there are civilain vehicles that do drive over cars (Sandkings do a fine job of this also), but the Monster Truck does it differently.

Yeah... I drove one and it was fun. But the Rebel actually behaves pretty similar (maybe not as easy and you damage it easier trying) already. I love the Rebel, I swear it's one of the most underrated cars in the game. Plus if some one blows you up and they have no money and you have to pay for it, it's all fo 20 bux (even modded) to get back.

But I think the Besra Stunt Jet is a better buy. More expensive, yes, but it's a blast to fly. Faster than a Lazer fighter jet, and way more nimble. I love flying that through the streets more than driving over everything in the streets in the monster trucks. That is my preference, especially in first person view. Check out my Besra video several posts up to see it in action :D

Thanks for the input. I flew one once and it was really fun. Didn't realize it was faster and more nimble than the Lazer though. And I'm starting to get a plan on how I hsould steal lazers (with the PS4 helicopters are useless cause they Lazers won't spawn until you actually get out of the helicopter and walk a few steps so you don't know where to land). Managed now to steal two on my own (though with a lot of deaths. But I think the more I do it the more I am figuring out how I need to do it to succeed). IT's become one of my favorite things to do when I'm bored (go try to steal a lazer. Just the attempt itself is kinda fun and the reward for success is pretty awesome too).

Though I wish more peopel would cause a lot of chaos with the cops when I have my lazer. I would love to help try to shoot down the police choppers for them (I love blowing up police choppers. I have no idea why but it's just so satisfying).

Mistel

Banned
Didn't realize it was faster and more nimble than the Lazer though.
That's because it's not faster than a lazer it's got higher acceleration than it but a slower top speed. It's more agile though than the lazer by a smidgen, both can be as verstile agility wise and can take off backwards.

Rockstar fixes it to where you can't hide in your apartment and wait out a bounty.

Can still enter passive mode while in a vehicle.

starting to miss GTA IV free mode more and more.

lol, cop roleplayers always gave me a hoot, good times.

That's because it's not faster than a lazer it's got higher acceleration than it but a slower top speed. It's more agile though than the lazer by a smidgen, both can be as verstile agility wise and can take off backwards.
Man, fixing errors left and right. I remember a newer mission where Lazers had to chase down and destroy Besra's, and I could never catch up. Had to count on their turning to get them. Thanks again Storm, on point today!

...I still think it's faster :p I mean, what sense would it be to give a jet with no weapons the same speed as one with crazy weaponry? One's gotta be able to outrun the other, and not in just accelration....in my mind, it'll always be faster, damn the stats and tests! ^,^

Tigress

Man, fixing errors left and right. I remember a newer mission where Lazers had to chase down and destroy Besra's, and I could never catch up. Had to count on their turning to get them. Thanks again Storm, on point today!

...I still think it's faster :p I mean, what sense would it be to give a jet with no weapons the same speed as one with crazy weaponry? One's gotta be able to outrun the other, and not in just accelration....in my mind, it'll always be faster, damn the stats and tests! ^,^

No it doesn't. The Lazer is overpowered compared to most things. It makes up for it in the fact you cannot own it and you have to try to get it off the military base to get it.

Mistel

Banned

It is definitely slower the lazer is the fastest plane. Besra's accelerate faster and are more nimble at the expense of being weaker and lacking armament.

I have not really taken the time to fully explore a public server

but as I rank up seems like the npcs are doing thing like placing bounties on me

if I am on invite only can anything come kill me?

also curious about public servers I sat in my apartment watching and listening to chat chatter

explosions outside people buzzing my door bell

you can't use guns indoors right? so why buzz me?

Dubz

I never ever get into a game of TDM or a race. I'm level 3 and it seems like that's all there is to do besides driving around. What am I missing?

Mistel

Banned
I never ever get into a game of TDM or a race. I'm level 3 and it seems like that's all there is to do besides driving around. What am I missing?
As you're level 3 not much is really open to you start playing missions to level up once you get to about level 5 it starts to open up a lot more.

Deadstar

GTA Online is a huge technical mess. When I fail to join a friend, why does it take me back to a game THAT DOES NOT HAVE MY FRIEND IN IT THAT TAKES FIVE MINUTES TO LOAD?!?!? How hard would it be to have a retry button? I'm trying to join my friend, NO I don't want to go to another server! It takes five minutes to realize the connection won't work, then another five to find me another server. Or the game flat out never loads and I have to close the game and restart it.

This is so amateur. Have rockstar said they are going to make the online playable?

Also, after doing a 1-4 player mission, why can't I select another in the list of missions to play? If I have 1-2 friends together and I only want to play coop missions I have to play a mission, quit out, wait five minutes, start the mission, wait three minutes, play it then repeat. It's so frustrating.

Does anyone else have these problems?

GTA Online is a huge technical mess. When I fail to join a friend, why does it take me back to a game THAT DOES NOT HAVE MY FRIEND IN IT THAT TAKES FIVE MINUTES TO LOAD?!?!? How hard would it be to have a retry button? I'm trying to join my friend, NO I don't want to go to another server! It takes five minutes to realize the connection won't work, then another five to find me another server. Or the game flat out never loads and I have to close the game and restart it.

This is so amateur. Have rockstar said they are going to make the online playable?

Also, after doing a 1-4 player mission, why can't I select another in the list of missions to play? If I have 1-2 friends together and I only want to play coop missions I have to play a mission, quit out, wait five minutes, start the mission, wait three minutes, play it then repeat. It's so frustrating.

Does anyone else have these problems?

Yeah, it's little things like this that always boggle my mind as to how the dev glossed over them. Another annoying thing is when I want to refresh the playlist screen, but the majority want to return to free-roam...so I have to return to free-roam too, which takes an AGE, just to start up a new job.

for some reason my 3+ world record boost per solo race has gone away like it got fixed :(

reached level 70

still need to grind 30 levels

any hope at DLC this month? new cars would be nice

Ted

OP & FAQ updated with neater formatting and a few instructional additions.

I'm also starting to add online co-op mission footage so people can see a overview of mission objectives. Only seven of many done so far so it's going to take a while. I'll be done by the time GTA VI is released I imagine!

Top Bottom