• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Well, my bro was doing the 250k challenges. Since he has the ps4, I asked him to do it on mine as well. But it looks like challenge limit is tied to either the console or the IP lol

Can you explain? What are the 250k challenges. How do you access them?

Is there an Xbox One crew yet? I could create one, but I don't know how dedicated I am to the online component, especially while playing through SP.

The special content does transfer story progression doesn't.

Yeah, what's interesting is that this content didn't transfer for me... The high calibur handgun is not available (I remember it being available from the start in GTAV 360), the enhanced special ability is not there, and same with the garages... they all have to be bought. As far as I can tell, the other perks have transfered over (eg, I have the Rail Gun in the firing range)

aember

So we're posting last & current gen comparisons? I'm in!

CSwv5o5.png

Tigress

Can you explain? What are the 250k challenges. How do you access them?

Something that will be gone pretty soon. Some one already alerted Rockstar and complained that it wasn't fair.

But, go to online > playlists > challenges. And look for ones that are in criminal records that have a long target for how fast you should complete it. I found one for 3 minutes and I can complete it in that and I suck at the game (to the point most people were saying you should be able to do the challenge in 2 minutes 8 seconds but for me it seems I need a few seconds short of 2 and a half minutes to finish it (most challenges give you 2 minutes 20 something seconds).

I was only planning on using them a few more times when I get home (if they are still there) just to earn the buzzard and then go back to earning money the hard way (I don't want to get all my goals cause I need goals to give myself motivation to play honestly).

In addition to the Social Club stuff, anyone from here that wants to add me to their PSN Friends list, please do! BaronVonBeans ! I'd like to flesh out my list with a lot more GTA'ers.
Sent a crew request, social id aember
Got you, and a few other recent new crew mates. Welcome aboard, all.

Flandy

In addition to the Social Club stuff, anyone from here that wants to add me to their PSN Friends list, please do! BaronVonBeans ! I'd like to flesh out my list with a lot more GTA'ers.

Sent one too. ID is Flandy

Imported my profile last night. Everything went smoothly. Still have all my guns, apartment, and my 10 car garage was full, exactly how I had left it.

Just accepted, thanks. For anyone still keeping an old crew on your list, make sure to switch the one you want to your "Active Crew." Not sure that it benefits me to keep the 360 GAF Street crew on my list, but I figure it doesn't hurt so long as Gaming Age Family is my "Active Crew."

Sent one too. ID is Flandy
Only to avoid a banning :p
Just accepted, thanks.
Welcome! And the next thing you said is VERY important, so I'm going to break it out separately for EVERYONE to read...
For anyone still keeping an old crew on your list, make sure to switch the one you want to your "Active Crew." Not sure that it benefits me to keep the 360 GAF Street crew on my list, but I figure it doesn't hurt so long as Gaming Age Family is my "Active Crew."
EVERYONE - this is key. You DO have to set Gaming Age Family (or the Xbone crew :p) As your primary crew if you wish to rank up, and have the crew tag and all that. You don't *need* to, since you can view online statuses of ALL your joined crews in the menus, but let's all rep Gaf!

Number45

Is there a brief synopsis somewhere of what the online of this game actually is? I've bought it on PS4 and only been a little further than the prologue, and I literally have no idea what the online is about.

Played and completed GTA4 without ever touching the online.

Alienous

Is there a brief synopsis somewhere of what the online of this game actually is? I've bought it on PS4 and only been a little further than the prologue, and I literally have no idea what the online is about.

It's Grand Theft Auto ... Online.

Whatever that makes you think of, it's that, and probably slightly better than that. You'll have a lot of fun.

Edit:
But if you do want more info, here it is.

In GTA Online you create a character and get to bring them to the streets of Los Santos (and outer Blaine County) in a prequel to GTA V. Set slightly before the events of the game you can participate in co-operative missions, issued to you by characters from the single-player and some different ones too (you can also do many of these missions solo). Such missions include having to hijack a military plane, or drug deal, things like that. You can also participate in competitive multiplayer, which is the standard online fare (objective game modes, team-deathmatch, etc). Finally you get to go only, with up to 29 other players in the same session, and explore the open-world as you would in single-player. Buy new clothes, vehicles. Purchase a garage or apartment. Rob a store, or a security van. Interact with other players, by terrorizing them or jumping in their vehicle and cruising with them. Invite them to your apartment, watch some television, get drunk, sing in the shower. That kind of stuff.

And there's a metric shit-ton of things I haven't mentioned. It's packed, yo.

Number45

It's Grand Theft Auto ... Online.

Whatever that makes you think of, it's that, and probably slightly better than that. You'll have a lot of fun.
Well, that much at least I could have guessed. :p

So there are missions that I can take part it with others etc?

Yes. Missions, races, deathmatches, etc. But I found the most fun just screwing around in free roam. When the server issues get straightened out, and free roam lobbies increase in size from a handful of players to 30, it's gonna be crazy.

Erban1

Going to actually put some time into online unlike the ps3 version. If anyone wants to play on ps4 shoot me a friend request @ Moneyman232

here is a brief vid of me and some friends getting shot out the sky and failing a GTAO flight mission where we was suppose to get these airplanes to a landing spot on a boat. The online is amazingly fun with plenty to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMrKqkNgsow

Mistel

Banned

Yes there's missions and activities that you an either do solo or within a group of people some are more enjoyable that others though it depends. Free roam is more of a group thing though.

I'm getting the 'Cannot connect to Rockstar servers' blah blah message when trying to access the online. I hope they get these kinks sorted soon.

Foffy

Banned

Think like a GTA experience but literally focused online. It may lack the narrative "goal" the series has had since GTA III, but it literally has all of the core themes the series has taken since then, so you'll have missions and stuff to do in free roam like rob stores and fight gangs.

I'm getting the 'Cannot connect to Rockstar servers' blah blah message when trying to access the online. I hope they get these kinks sorted soon.
I'm sure they will. It hasn't been out for a week yet, and things are already working pretty well on their end. I think it's a better launch than the Online for PS/360..

Edit: aside from timeout issues galore....and having issues joining with people....but I'll take those issues over whole garages/characters getting deleted from the OG launch.

I'm sure they will. It hasn't been out for a week yet, and things are already working pretty well on their end. I think it's a better launch than the Online for PS/360..

Edit: aside from timeout issues galore....and having issues joining with people....but I'll take those issues over whole garages/characters getting deleted from the OG launch.

The GTA Online launch last year was atrocious. Most people couldn't even access it during the first week, it was so glitched. There are a handful of issues this time around, but not near as many as last year.

Oh yeah, this launch is nowhere near as bad as last year's.

OraleeWey

Holy crap! If you wear different visors, going on first person shows the color of the visors. Looks here

knM5LKx.jpg
third person

P2JRjkh.jpg

Fiart person with yellow ish visors. That is so cool. So much attention to detail.

The Llama

The GTA Online launch last year was atrocious. Most people couldn't even access it during the first week, it was so glitched. There are a handful of issues this time around, but not near as many as last year.

Yeah, then they ended up giving everyone who had tried to access it $500k to spend on GTA:O haha. Fun times...

Vespene

I haven't been on a lobby larger than 20 people, and even then everyone suddenly "leaves" (host crash).

Still waiting for the promised 30 player experience.

Holy crap! If you wear different visors, going on first person shows the color of the visors. That is so cool. So much attention to detail.
Oh yea! I saw this when I was switching to Michael in SP...he was leaning against a rail at the Carnival Pier. I saw him wearnig the shades, and when I got in side his melon the world look dramatically different. Amazing.

Oddly enough...I kinda dislike it on the motorcycle helmets...
Yeah, then they ended up giving everyone who had tried to access it $500k to spend on GTA:O haha. Fun times...
It'd be amazing if we got a stimulus again...buuuuuut I'm not holding my breath. I guess I should redeem my 500k for online already if I want some quick cash..

OraleeWey

Oh yea! I saw this when I was switching to Michael in SP...he was leaning against a rail at the Carnival Pier. I saw him wearnig the shades, and when I got in side his melon the world look dramatically different. Amazing.

Oddly enough...I kinda dislike it on the motorcycle helmets...

It'd be amazing if we got a stimulus again...buuuuuut I'm not holding my breath. I guess I should redeem my 500k for online already if I want some quick cash..
The ones I'm currently use it make night time more visible!

Spazznid

0_0.jpg

Original Character from PS3 GTAO launch

0_0.jpg

Used the glitch to remake her because she looked bad in profile

zjS8AfXjQ0m0ggVO5fOwjA_0_0.jpg

Current version, which I'm super happy with.

y4oxO5gUI0-muPXNWqHJdQ_0_0.jpg

Another shot, because I'm vain.

Spazznid

Do tell, please! What glitch?

Also fun times playing with you :)

1. Make a second character.

2. Get the second character to level 6.

3. Go to single-player by switching to Micheal, Franklin, or Trevor.

4. Switch back to the level 6 character.

5. The game should ask you if you want to re-edit your character, but you don't press anything. Instead, you disconnect. for PS4, you can go into the Network Settings and disconnect by unchecking the "Connect to the internet".

6. Go back in-game and it will kick you back into single-player. Then, reconnect your internet, for PS4, I just re-check "Connect to internet".

7. Now, go back to the game and go to Online in the pause menu and choose to select character.

8. It will show you both of your characters, just pick the one you originally wanted to re-edit.

9. The screen will pop up asking if you want to re-edit this character, and you are going to press yes, which will bring you back to the edit screen. Enjoy!

If you ever want to re-edit them again, repeat from step 4, and instantly edit your character over and over again!

N° 2048

5. The game should ask you if you want to re-edit your character, but you don't press anything. Instead, you disconnect. for PS4, you can go into the Network Settings and disconnect by unchecking the "Connect to the internet".

6. Go back in-game and it will kick you back into single-player. Then, reconnect your internet, for PS4, I just re-check "Connect to internet".

7. Now, go back to the game and go to Online in the pause menu and choose to select character.

8. It will show you both of your characters, just pick the one you originally wanted to re-edit.

9. The screen will pop up asking if you want to re-edit this character, and you are going to press yes, which will bring you back to the edit screen. Enjoy!

If you ever want to re-edit them again, repeat from step 4, and instantly edit your character over and over again!

Dude, thanks a ton! Will try tonight when I get home from work.

OraleeWey

Is this something that can be patched?

Hey, wondering if anyone could succinctly sum up the GTA Online gameplay.

What are the meat and potatoes of the actual online playing, are there "raids"? What sort of group play is there? Does online affect offline play and vice versa?

Thinking about grabbing this just for online...

Mistel

Banned
What are the meat and potatoes of the actual online playing, are there "raids"? What sort of group play is there? Does online affect offline play and vice versa?
Doesn't affect offline play, heists are coming in a future update, generally its either playing missions for money or mucking around in free roam as what you'll probably do most.

Flunkie

Banned
I applied for the GAF crew. Currently awaiting acceptance, thanks. Looking forward to rolling with you all. I didn't play GTAO on PS3, so I'll need a little guidance. PSN is Flunkie44.

Going to actually put some time into online unlike the ps3 version. If anyone wants to play on ps4 shoot me a friend request @ Moneyman232

I'll be playing this weekend man. I have you on my friends list.

Edit: That visor thing is amazing!

NICE!!! Thanks for this Spazznid!!

Flunkie

Banned
Also, I couldn't make a character that didn't look like someone wrecked his face with a baseball bat. Character creator with the "mom and dad" thing is stupid. Let me pick basics.

Something that will be gone pretty soon. Some one already alerted Rockstar and complained that it wasn't fair.

But, go to online > playlists > challenges. And look for ones that are in criminal records that have a long target for how fast you should complete it. I found one for 3 minutes and I can complete it in that and I suck at the game (to the point most people were saying you should be able to do the challenge in 2 minutes 8 seconds but for me it seems I need a few seconds short of 2 and a half minutes to finish it (most challenges give you 2 minutes 20 something seconds).

I was only planning on using them a few more times when I get home (if they are still there) just to earn the buzzard and then go back to earning money the hard way (I don't want to get all my goals cause I need goals to give myself motivation to play honestly).

Surprised I haven't heard of that before. So you just try to beat a set record time and you clean up 250k? That's crazy, and I'm surprised R* let that go this long since they are so tight-assed about the money made.

ಠ_ಠ
I've always enjoyed your antics! :D
Surprised I haven't heard of that before. So you just try to beat a set record time and you clean up 250k? That's crazy, and I'm surprised R* let that go this long since they are so tight-assed about the money made.
Someone, please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe these challenges only recently came online. I tried several times in the PS3 version to get them to work, but all I ever found was empty menus. It could be something they stealthily added, only to see they are botched, and will fix/announce them in the upcoming update. Perhaps...But then again, maybe not! From what I understand, if you fail to beat the time, you LOSE that money....so it could be a good self gambling system, or something.

Also, I couldn't make a character that didn't look like someone wrecked his face with a baseball bat. Character creator with the "mom and dad" thing is stupid. Let me pick basics.

Agreed. I just kept hitting the random button til I found faces I liked. But half the time I'd decide I liked the previous face after I'd already hit the random button again. Finally settled on one that wasn't hideous, so I just went with it.

Top Bottom