• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Mistel

Banned
can I reimport my character? I fucked up, she looks hideous
You can attempt this to give your character a remake:
1. Make a second character.

2. Get the second character to level 6.

3. Go to single-player by switching to Micheal, Franklin, or Trevor.

4. Switch back to the level 6 character.

5. The game should ask you if you want to re-edit your character, but you don't press anything. Instead, you disconnect. for PS4, you can go into the Network Settings and disconnect by unchecking the "Connect to the internet".

6. Go back in-game and it will kick you back into single-player. Then, reconnect your internet, for PS4, I just re-check "Connect to internet".

7. Now, go back to the game and go to Online in the pause menu and choose to select character.

8. It will show you both of your characters, just pick the one you originally wanted to re-edit.

9. The screen will pop up asking if you want to re-edit this character, and you are going to press yes, which will bring you back to the edit screen. Enjoy!

If you ever want to re-edit them again, repeat from step 4, and instantly edit your character over and over again!

Tried to join a couple of online sessions earlier today, but they were always empty. I took the advice to change my targeting mode, changed it to assisted aim-partial from free aim, and the 1st session I joined had about 15 people in it.

Charles

I keep getting a "Files required to play GTA online could not be downloaded from the Rockstar Games Services. Please return to Grand Theft Auto V and try again later" error (on PS4).

Has anyone found a way around it? There aren't any files that I need to download anywhere and the game doesn't show up on my social club profile.

Something that will be gone pretty soon. Some one already alerted Rockstar and complained that it wasn't fair.

But, go to online > playlists > challenges. And look for ones that are in criminal records that have a long target for how fast you should complete it. I found one for 3 minutes and I can complete it in that and I suck at the game (to the point most people were saying you should be able to do the challenge in 2 minutes 8 seconds but for me it seems I need a few seconds short of 2 and a half minutes to finish it (most challenges give you 2 minutes 20 something seconds).

I was only planning on using them a few more times when I get home (if they are still there) just to earn the buzzard and then go back to earning money the hard way (I don't want to get all my goals cause I need goals to give myself motivation to play honestly).

Really you think it is limited by consoles or IP? I heard you make a new character and do it on two characters for a total of 2 Mil profit. I was hoping to level my alt up to do this, buy my Adder and pimp it out with the money I had left.

Then try it tomorrow again to get the Buzzard and then just play the game fairly.

Oni Jazar

Tried to join a couple of online sessions earlier today, but they were always empty. I took the advice to change my targeting mode, changed it to assisted aim-partial from free aim, and the 1st session I joined had about 15 people in it.

This makes me so sad. I love free aim.

Playing GTA Online in 1st person is just unreal.

I was cruising down the freeway in a nice sports car I just jacked when I notice a Helicopter hovering over my area on the minimap. I press R3 to look out the back window and I see this Heli flying crazy low chasing me down the freeway! I gunned it at this point and I see bullets hitting cars on both sides of me causing a few of them to explode. After maybe 5 minutes of speeding around and pulling lots of U Turns the crazy heli pilot decided he would go find some easier prey.

You seriously don't get those kinds of random experiences from any other game.

Tigress

Really you think it is limited by consoles or IP? I heard you make a new character and do it on two characters for a total of 2 Mil profit. I was hoping to level my alt up to do this, buy my Adder and pimp it out with the money I had left.

Then try it tomorrow again to get the Buzzard and then just play the game fairly.

Um, i'm not sure how this was relevant at all to my comment on the other hand this was pretty useful information to know... I think I'll go try this (Cause i only played it twice last night and now it's tell me that I have done my limit of challenges per day so I guess it's within a 24 hour period or maybe the game is on eastern time ... and now I'm understanding how people are doing it 4x a day).

bLaiSe

So I just got the game, and tried GTA: O with my character transferred. When I got into a game I spawned in my garage, had all the cars from PS3 (even Franklin's car which I glitched back in the day), went to do a mission and then when I went back to the garage after the mission ended all my cars disappeared.

What the hell?! WHERE ARE MY CARS?!

Flandy

Man the online is all kinds if fucked up. Tried joining a friends job and I got booted because it failed to connect. I then stared at another screen for like 3 minutes and I heard voice chat while I was in the loading screen and it failed to connect. Now I've been staring at the loading screen for like 10 minutes and I don't even know if the game is trying to connect anymore or if it just hung up. R* pls

suupabuu

Banned
Man the online is all kinds if fucked up. Tried joining a friends job and I got booted because it failed to connect. I then stared at another screen for like 3 minutes and I heard voice chat while I was in the loading screen and it failed to connect. Now I've been staring at the loading screen for like 10 minutes and I don't even know if the game is trying to connect anymore or if it just hung up. R* pls

GTA on PS3 and XBOX360 had network issues, too, but they were much worse. I believe they will have things fixed after they update it.

Flandy

GTA on PS3 and XBOX360 had network issues, too, but they were much worse. I believe they will have things fixed after they update it.
Oh believe me I know how bad that launch was. I lost my character that I had put in about 24 hours into because of some glitch that erased her

Basketball

Just finished my character -Letty

qSAQMlyjE0u7AHK1Wd-NNg_0_0.jpg

Strider

Was gonna jump in for the first time tonight but seems I should wait a few more days until some of the launch issues get fixed...? Maybe I'll wait until Monday....

Scarphace

Online mode is fantastic but getting into to the online portion and staying there without getting kicked out is terrible. I really hope they release a patch soon.

Just stock your garage then you can delete it, then just sell the other cars afterwards. Either a gang Tornado or Peyote they sell for the most, Buccaner's are the third option they're more common to get than the other two.

How much can you get for them? Because I steal the Gallivanter Baller SUVs and sell them for 9000$ each.

What exactly is the point in limiting lobby refreshes to two? I wish we could jst keep refreshing until we find something we like. I just want to stay in a lobby, earning XP and cash, and not have to return to freeroam just because I didn't find anything I liked.

And then when it does return me to freeroam, I get disconnected from the server. :/

I unlocked the achievements for rank when i transferred my character, but none of the other ones unlocked. I had most of them last gen. Anybody know if they'll unlock at some point?

baconcow

All of my attempts to get on, Wednesday, were timeouts. Made it into the race lobby once for about 5 minutes before being booted out. Kinda shite if you ask me.

RS4-

Well then, they went in hard on that challenge thing. Now the limit is one. Which is exactly the number of times I've been able to do it since I got the game lol.

terrible

Banned
I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier but it seems like all cars are limited to around 130-140 MPH online. You can go down hills or whatnot and manage to go faster than that but I'm talking about in a straight line. That's disappointing.

Tigress

Well then, they went in hard on that challenge thing. Now the limit is one. Which is exactly the number of times I've been able to do it since I got the game lol.

If that's all they did, that's fine with me. But I can't find any of the easy races (or at least last night I couldn't). Or at least easy enough that it would be a given that I could beat the time (granted, I kinda suck ;) ).

Wouldn't have even thought of taking advantage except one of my major ways of grinding money is kinda gone (I am hoping I can find a new way). I don't know where are good spots for spawning gang cars. Though it seems now you can find custom cars but I'm not sure how often they spawn or if that's a once in a while thing (and if it is, is it something I can figure out the highest likelyhood of finding them or are they completely random).

RS4-

If that's all they did, that's fine with me. But I can't find any of the easy races (or at least last night I couldn't). Or at least easy enough that it would be a given that I could beat the time (granted, I kinda suck ;) ).

Wouldn't have even thought of taking advantage except one of my major ways of grinding money is kinda gone (I am hoping I can find a new way). I don't know where are good spots for spawning gang cars. Though it seems now you can find custom cars but I'm not sure how often they spawn or if that's a once in a while thing (and if it is, is it something I can figure out the highest likelyhood of finding them or are they completely random).

I recall some sort of way to spawning gang cars consistently. I'll have to look around again.

Tigress

I recall some sort of way to spawning gang cars consistently. I'll have to look around again.

Was that on the PS3 version? I know that where they regularly spawn at on the PS3 version (I mean I had it down to the time they spawned and exact location and how far you had to drive to get a new one to spawn if you didn't like the one that spawned... yes, it was that predictable) is no longer working.

If we twitch stream, should the broadcast be listed in past broadcasts? I streamed out some fun with Quint and other clan members and I wanted to go through it and grab gif. I don't see anything listed.

If we twitch stream, should the broadcast be listed in past broadcasts? I streamed out some fun with Quint and other clan members and I wanted to go through it and grab gif. I don't see anything listed.

As long as you have the setting turned on to archive past broadcasts, it should. As far as I know, the music in GTA is cut out of the stream right?

How are the visuals, wild life and traffic/peds vs SP?

Better than GTA Online for 360/PS3, but lower than SP for X1/PS4. No wildlife. Drove around for a bit yesterday and ran into plenty of peds, but still, not near the SP numbers.

I currently only have 2 cars I care about driving and I don't see the point for a 10 car garage for me. Obey 9F and the newest motorcycle. I would love to be able to buy a house like Franklin get in the game and be limited to the number of cars I have as a trade off.

I unlocked the achievements for rank when i transferred my character, but none of the other ones unlocked. I had most of them last gen. Anybody know if they'll unlock at some point?

Rockstar support told me to wait for an update till mid of next week and if that does not help, contact them again... It is a known issue at least.

As long as you have the setting turned on to archive past broadcasts, it should. As far as I know, the music in GTA is cut out of the stream right?

Better than GTA Online for 360/PS3, but lower than SP for X1/PS4. No wildlife. Drove around for a bit yesterday and ran into plenty of peds, but still, not near the SP numbers.

Huh, maybe I'm not set to archive. I haven't used the account much. I hope there is some footage stored on the ps4 then. There were a few great moments I'd like to get.

Mistel

Banned
I currently only have 2 cars I care about driving and I don't see the point for a 10 car garage for me. Obey 9F and the newest motorcycle. I would love to be able to buy a house like Franklin get in the game and be limited to the number of cars I have as a trade off.
You could just get a house with a 6-10 car garage and not fill it up with things. From the way properties have worked so far I don't think that's there going to be that sort of house with only a two car garage.

You could just get a house with a 6-10 car garage and not fill it up with things. From the way properties have worked so far I don't think that's there going to be that sort of house with only a two car garage.

That's currently what I do but it just feel like empty space. I would assume if R* ever made property on the hill where Franklin house is the garages wouldn't be 10.

-
I think I'm going to start cruising around on online in first person mode to keep things interesting for me. How can I make sure my lobby is free aim? And has there been any word about forced first person mode lobbies?

I think I'm going to start cruising around on online in first person mode to keep things interesting for me. How can I make sure my lobby is free aim? And has there been any word about forced first person mode lobbies?
Make sure you set your aiming preferences in Single Player, and it will transfer to MP. I think the only forced perspective things in the game are jobs/missions.

Top Bottom