• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

nikos

Friend is probably going to pick this up so we can play together. Are there a lot of "story" style co-op missions where you have to complete tasks? Other than deathmatch, last man standing, races, etc.

So after allt he problems I had staying online, I went to try and change my NAT type. So whatever reason, it will NEVER change. I forwarded ports, tried bridge mode to remove the router functions and ever put the PS$ in the DMZ.

However, when I finally gave up and just tried to play again, it's been working fine ever since. So, opening the ports seemed to have worked even though I'm still the same NAT.

Fergie

Banned
Yet to receive the PSN and preorder bonuses for GTA Online.

Also, requested a invite to the GAF Crew.

PSN = Firewarrior / SC = TehmkFirewarrior

Just purchased a tank and Dodo, so awesome!
Nice! The Dodo is going to be my first purchse, I haven't bought anything in a whiiiile. I still have my 500k pre order bonus to redeem, as well....how much was it if you remember?

It doesn't matter how much though. To me, seeing this glorious plane return is priceless. All we need now is an amphibious heli and the universe will be alllll right.

Edit - I'll be getting to all recent Playstation Crew applications later today, stuck at work for another couple of hours. If you applied longer than 1 day ago, and still haven't been accepted, please send me a PM here.

Nice! The Dodo is going to be my first purchse, I haven't bought anything in a whiiiile. I still have my 500k pre order bonus to redeem, as well....how much was it if you remember?

It doesn't matter how much though. To me, seeing this glorious plane return is priceless. All we need now is an amphibious heli and the universe will be alllll right.

Edit - I'll be getting to all recent Playstation Crew applications later today, stuck at work for another couple of hours. If you applied longer than 1 day ago, and still haven't been accepted, please send me a PM here.

It's 500K, people can hold on to the side of the plain while in the air, just don't barrel roll :D

Those big challenges are still open but you may not be getting the money.

I just barely completed an airport race challenge for 250k. It counted the challenge and the win but I never got any money from it.

It's 500K, people can hold on to the side of the plain while in the air, just don't barrel roll :D
:O
Those big challenges are still open but you may not be getting the money.

I just barely completed an airport race challenge for 250k. It counted the challenge and the win but I never got any money from it.
Not too surprising I guess...but a dang shame! I plan on trying when I get home. I found one super easy 2min (to complete, 2:45 alotted) race yesterday, think it was called the Commute, the challenge was named "Charlie Work". For once, Charlie did a great job :D

thenexus6

Getting annoyed with GTA Online. I think its very overrated having lots of problems; disconnects, boot to single player, can't join people, no one playing games or missions. Had all the same with the 360 version.

Mafro

Haven't been able to connect at all this evening, and for some reason my weapons on my singleplayer keep getting wiped when I go from online to singleplayer.

Getting annoyed with GTA Online. I think its very overrated having lots of problems; disconnects, boot to single player, can't join people, no one playing games or missions. Had all the same with the 360 version.

If you haven't yet, look into port forwarding. I've never had online issues with ps4 until I played GTA online and after some work last night, it's working much better for me.

Germany here, tried to get online the third day in a row. I'm with 7 friends and everyone just gets timeouts. Rockstar keeps telling us that the fault is on our end but I think at this point it is safe to say that Rockstar is the one and only fault.

This is just ridiculous. Why is nobody calling them out on this?

Haven't been able to connect at all this evening, and for some reason my weapons on my singleplayer keep getting wiped when I go from online to singleplayer.

I was able to connect only twice today and whenever I go to SP I lose all my weapons. Geez R* get it together.

Good job R*, tried doing a 250k challenge earlier and got timed out after I won and I ended up losing 250k. Can they just make an official statement saying they fucked up and are trying to fix their mistake. .

Man cant join session for the past hour or so. Not even through friends either. Was able to get to lvl 4 but then it took me out and havent been able since.

MMaRsu

Banned
Yo whatsup GAF :)

I need some more buddies to play GTA Online with on PS4! My psn id is MMaRsu so please add me and we'll get to some fps deathmatching and racing on!!

Daedalux

Neo Member
Guys, transferred my character today, but unfortunately it seems I lost all the cars on my garage..

Anyone had the same problem?

At the moment whenever I try to go Online it says "Session Timed Out".. What a bummer.

About those "Returning Player" rewards, did you receive an in-game notification about those unlocks?

Cheers!!!

Ted

Germany here, tried to get online the third day in a row. I'm with 7 friends and everyone just gets timeouts. Rockstar keeps telling us that the fault is on our end but I think at this point it is safe to say that Rockstar is the one and only fault.

This is just ridiculous. Why is nobody calling them out on this?

The slowly getting updated OP FAQ does. :)

I'm not going to quote everyone having problems but experience of the PS3 launch would indicate that we should all just sit tight, Rockstar will sort it but expect issues on this first weekend where it is live and going into next week. Temper expectations and get on to R* support (link in OP FAQ) if you have problems with lost content.

Loading times were always slow last gen and it would be a huge disappointment to me if that wasn't improved on this gen but the last gen launch was a mess despite releasing two weeks after the main game (where presumably at least their backend databases for the social club hooks were being tested by a full userbase) so I'm not going to start judging until we're at least a week out from launch.

Friend is probably going to pick this up so we can play together. Are there a lot of "story" style co-op missions where you have to complete tasks? Other than deathmatch, last man standing, races, etc.

Yes there is a lot of co-op missions (list in the OP FAQ), although story would be a grandiose term for them. I have great fun doing many of them both solo and in co-op. They follow the general GTA style of missions and though there is an optimal route through them all of them you can do most of them in a number of fun and different ways (sniping versus frontal assault for example).

It's a bit of a grind leveling up but the adjustments to RP/cash payments that happened throughout last gen have minimised the need to min/max levels in a prescribed [quick] manner as there is a time-spent multiplier on co-op mission payouts.

Mistel

Banned
Oh damn..

Well, any kind of thing I could try to get my cars back?

Sent a ticket to R* but they seem busy.. :D
Might seem stupid but just get far enough away from the garage and call the mechanic used to work back when it did this last year.

Eusis

Oh man, I'm looking at the topics and see that heists STILL aren't in? What is this, the Last Guardian of multiplayer modes?

nikos

Yes there is a lot of co-op missions (list in the OP FAQ), although story would be a grandiose term for them. I have great fun doing many of them both solo and in co-op. They follow the general GTA style of missions and though there is an optimal route through them all of them you can do most of them in a number of fun and different ways (sniping versus frontal assault for example).

It's a bit of a grind leveling up but the adjustments to RP/cash payments that happened throughout last gen have minimised the need to min/max levels in a prescribed [quick] manner as there is a time-spent multiplier on co-op mission payouts.

Perfect, thanks!

bLaiSe

Oh damn..

Well, any kind of thing I could try to get my cars back?

Sent a ticket to R* but they seem busy.. :D
I sent a ticket too and they are investigating. They asked for a few details but haven't got back to me for like 9 hours now.

Might seem stupid but just get far enough away from the garage and call the mechanic used to work back when it did this last year.
There are no available cars to deliver when I call the mechanic. :(

I didn't bother with GTA Online on the PS3 . . . but I've played a little on the PS4. It seem much improved from the way it was when it first launched.

I sent a ticket too and they are investigating. They asked for a few details but haven't got back to me for like 9 hours now.

I think they are swamped with problems right now. The transition of Special/collector's edition content also doesn't seem to work. I've got a ticket in for that. So I wouldn't expect a response any time soon. :-/

BigDug13

I sold my PS3 version soon after I finished the story because the online was a broken mess. Now a year later, I buy the remastered version on PS4 and the online is a broken mess after a FULL YEAR to work on it. So, I guess this game and online are not for me?

I sold my PS3 version soon after I finished the story because the online was a broken mess. Now a year later, I buy the remastered version on PS4 and the online is a broken mess after a FULL YEAR to work on it. So, I guess this game and online are not for me?

Meh . . . I think every big game is a mess during the first couple weeks after launch. I'd wait a bit before bailing.

I bailed on it with the PS3 version but I've had some fun with the PS4 version online. But, yeah, they've got a lot of issues to fix right now.

Mistel

Banned
It did get a better after launch passed and some of the glitches were kinda fixed.
There are no available cars to deliver when I call the mechanic. :(
Yeah I think that means they're probably "gone" gone.

For people who played the PS3 version a lot what do you all do to have a great experience online? Do you just do PVP? Missions? Races?

The slowly getting updated OP FAQ does. :)

I'm not going to quote everyone having problems but experience of the PS3 launch would indicate that we should all just sit tight, Rockstar will sort it but expect issues on this first weekend where it is live and going into next week. Temper expectations and get on to R* support (link in OP FAQ) if you have problems with lost content.

Loading times were always slow last gen and it would be a huge disappointment to me if that wasn't improved on this gen but the last gen launch was a mess despite releasing two weeks after the main game (where presumably at least their backend databases for the social club hooks were being tested by a full userbase) so I'm not going to start judging until we're at least a week out from launch.
Took the words right outta my head. Well said Ted. The rhyming was accidental, and purely
coincidental :D

Doc Morbid

Neo Member
The entirety of my GTA Online experience so far on PS4:

"Timed out loading session, please return to GTA V and try again later."

Looks like a patch for connection issues is coming tomorrow, hopefully that lets me actually connect.

At least the character editor is slightly more usable than before. It's still not Saints Row, but I managed to turn the vaguely human-like alien monster that was my PS3 character into an attractive lady, so there's that.

Top Bottom