• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V 360: 2 discs, install from Disc 1 play from Disc 2. PS3: 1 disc, 8GB install

omonimo

Banned
Where did I use the word 'terrible'? Whether the differences are immense or mildly discernable, history favours the 360 version.

It's a moot point if they release it on PS4 though, because that would be my preferred option.

You have replied to a post: about " both look like the same". Where exactly him has said ps3 will be technically the same?

omonimo

Banned
*Gets corrected*

"Ok, it seems pretty clear it's impossible discuss to you. Fine. For me that's all."

Haha holy shit, it's like talking to a 12 year old.

Your posts are full of insults for everyone has tried to argue something of different of you & it's me the 12 years old here? Great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sony releasing PS4-bound 1080p remasters of its highly-acclaimed/best-selling PS3 titles is decidedly likely, I think.

What exactly has so terrible MP3 on ps3? I could understand RDR, but GTA IV/MP3 not looks that different.

You must be a PS3 only gamer, as there is no way you'd so vehemently defend GTAIV and RDR on the console. I can't speak for MP3 as I played it on PC, but why so serious? Nobody is questioning the quality of the title, just the performance.

omonimo

Banned
You must be a PS3 only gamer, as there is no way you'd so vehemently defend GTAIV and RDR on the console. I can't speak for MP3 as I played it on PC, but why so serious? Nobody is questioning the quality of the title, just the performance.
Not sure where I have mentioned RDR, but GTA IV performs that better on 360 on eyes perception? From my personal experience it's really tough to catch without a straight video analysis. I'm not mentioned sharpness, 360 is surely better. In any case I have both console. Where I'm defending RDR performance on ps3?

eival

“A healthy GTAIV multiplayer game is really hard to come by nowadays. By healthy I mean players play for good clean fun. Every time I join a game it's either modded or hacked. When I create a custom game, some abusive d*ck joins my game and ruins everyone's fun game. I can't just kick him out unless everyone votes. Do something about this in GTAV, Rockstar.” – received via Mouthoff

Ever since Grand Theft Auto IV was released, we’ve continued to integrate newer and stronger methods of cheat detection and prevention for each of our games. While we have yet to reveal specifically what new anti-cheating measures we have planned for GTAV, rest assured that we’re focused on creating as level a playing field and as fair, fun (and healthy as you say) an experience as possible for everyone. There will always be some people who want to cheat but we are going to do our best to stop it. We have spent a lot of time and effort making an incredible Online experience and proper support is part of that package.

======

so glad someone asked that and they actually addressed it but that still doesnt excuse them for passing off any mention of the post-2009 final patch for GTA IV exploits as being MS's issue, when asked about the modding over the last few years and clearly microsoft's system checks for modding isnt catching the software/firmware they're using to play with silver accounts/mods/ect...

im sure 5 will be clean for the first year or two as well just like IV was, but what matters is the years after especially when IV is still a top 10 title on XBL, unless they finally use dedicated servers (please god)

Eusis

Really disappointing cheating's been a big thing on 360 despite the yearly fee. But then there's only so much to be done on a closed box.

... On a related note, how is it for Red Dead Redemption? Have a few more days of Gold and I got the GotY version when I let my membership lapse, I want to try again with full multiplayer options available to me.

nothing yet on a PC version? GTA4 on PC is incredibly fun with mods. I can't stand the single player so just messing around in multiplayer free mode with mods is a blast. And hopefully they keep the 32 player online. Its a damn shame saints row doesn't have that.

The PC version of GTA games since III generally doesn't get announced until a few months after release of the console version. I'd guess they'll announce it shortly after the new year... Unless they go the GTA:SA route again where it was announced by T2 about a month and a half before the PS2 release (without a release date) and then didn't come out until like nine months later. Since the release date was announced I've expected, partially going by their history that it'll get announced shortly after the New Year for a late Spring release. Still think a PS4/XBO release (based off the PC version) is a given to be released in a GOTY type package just in time for 2014's holiday season. People who were interested but skipped V for next gen will probably buy it and many who bought the current generation version will probably double dip. Easy money for Rockstar and T2.

Definitely picking up the PC version some time after release just for the mods alone.

Is it true that Rockstar has been demoing GTAV on the PS3? Or am I mistaken. That would suggest the performance disparities of old have been addressed. Let's hope, at least. As I'm getting the PS3 version.

I do know that I don't have any space on my measly 20GB 360 HDD, so I'll be getting this for my PS3 as I have about 200GB free.

Yeah, been demoing and the video was taken from the PS3 version. I think that speaks well for it since companies generally show the best looking/performing version, I'm thinking Rockstar is proud of getting the PS3 version where it's at. Going to be interesting to see the comparisons when it's out in two months. I still expect the XB360 version to bit at least slightly better looking/running over all but the difference between the two will probably be much closer than it was with GTA IV and RDR.

Top Bottom