• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V has gone gold.

antitrop

Still so timeless!
Grand Theft Auto III is my favorite game in the series. It's controversial, but it's the one I spent the most time with in high school. San Andreas came out my freshman year of college and I just didn't devote much time to it, not like I did GTA 3... Then I dropped out of college and joined the Marines a few months later. So I never gave SA the love it deserved, but I played over a hundred hours of GTA 3.

I had Chatterbox completely memorized.

dreamfall

Grand Theft Auto III is my favorite game in the series.

That I respect immensely. Honestly, the first time playing that was so utterly unique, I'll never forget it. It inspired my love for everything Rockstar.

Flashback FM is still my favorite radio station ever!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The GTA III trailer is so ahead of its time. It's actually incredible they were able to get so much out of what that game actually was.

I made a thread about it once and how it was pretty much the most effective trailer ever for me. I remember it coming on Monday Night Raw.

2001 might be my favorite year in gaming, and there's not that many stand out games in it... But it had Max Payne, GTA 3, SSBM, and Tony Hawk 3. Didn't need any more than that.

antitrop

ARE YOU READY?!

We made it to the OT!

tumblr_mlbqgqkI9r1r94938o1_500.gif

jambo

Flashback FM is still my favorite radio station ever!

Chatterbox is my favourite from GTA III

"Have you ever eaten squirrel?"

You absolutely have to respect 07. CoD4, Bioshock, Crysis, Uncharted, Halo 3, etc.

Plus HL2 Episode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2.

2001 might be my favorite year in gaming, and there's not that many stand out games in it... But it had Max Payne, GTA 3, SSBM, and Tony Hawk 3. Didn't need any more than that.

1998-99 for me. FreeSpace, StarCraft, Unreal, Rainbow Six, Pokemon Red/Blue, NFS III Hot Pursuit, Grim Fandango, Caesar III, SiN, Half-Life, Baldur's Gate, Falcon 4.0, Tribes, Thief, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, SimCity 3000, Alpha Centauri, Need for Speed High Stakes, RollerCoaster Tycoon, TFC, Descent 3, Counter-Strike, System Shock 2, C&C Tiberian Sun, GTA 2, Medal of Honor, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Planescape Torment and Shenmue.

antitrop

Talk radio peaked with GTA III, chatterbox is eternally funny and memorable.
Completely agreed. Even my fairly conservative mother appreciated some of the jokes, even though I had to explain some of the continuance to her.

Stuff like the carrier pidgeons that the Citizens Raging Against Phones were using to organize meetings being eaten by the other caller who eats animals. Genius writing.

Spazznid

Grand Theft Auto III is my favorite game in the series. It's controversial, but it's the one I spent the most time with in high school. San Andreas came out my freshman year of college and I just didn't devote much time to it, not like I did GTA 3... Then I dropped out of college and joined the Marines a few months later. So I never gave SA the love it deserved, but I played over a hundred hours of GTA 3.

I had Chatterbox completely memorized.

You just won 3 respects from me.

GTX III is also my favorite, but mostly because of the profound effect it had on me, as well as the characters and the radio stations. I also had chatterbox memorized.

FrsDvl

You just won 3 respects from me.

GTX III is also my favorite, but mostly because of the profound effect it had on me, as well as the characters and the radio stations. I also had chatterbox memorized.

They should really start making gifs with sound. Why would anyone have to go to the trouble of uploading a 2 second video to YouTube.

Top Bottom