• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V *NEXT GEN* Impressions from the GameStop managers conference

-SD-

Banned
Can't believe people are calling this a remaster, if anything it's a completely different game with all these changes.
Just admit that you had no idea what you were talking about and we'll pretend that #post129633503 never existed.

At first i was upset because it's not 60, and then i remembered i'm part of the PC master race :)

PC master race 60fps

7206.gif

For future reference...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129517151&postcount=50

Megasoum

Banned
You guys need to stop saying "Rockstar proved that they can do good PC Ports with Max Payne 3"... It's apple and oranges.

Sure it's the same engine but there's a HUGE difference between an gigantic open world game and a corridor shooter with minuscule levels interrupted by loading cutscenes every 2minutes.

Sentenza

You guys need to stop saying "Rockstar proved that they can do good PC Ports with Max Payne 3"... It's apple and oranges.
Regardless of MP3, I actually think they did fine with GTA IV, too.
Well, after few patches. It was admittedly embarrassingly demanding when it just launched.

UrbanRats

Sure it's the same engine but there's a HUGE difference between an gigantic open world game and a corridor shooter with minuscule levels interrupted by loading cutscenes every 2minutes.
It's not about how well it'll perform, but about how much effort they'll put in.

Max Payne was a PC franchise, so that could've given them the extra push.
I am optimistic they won't repeat another GTAIV/LANoire though.

Doesn't change the fact that Rockstar clearly put a lot of time into the PC version of that game, and it came out looking and performing incredibly well. GTA IV was simply a shit port that was done as an afterthought.

Anyway, my main hopes at this point are for improved shooting mechanics, rebalanced wanted levels (no constantly respawning helicopters and less laser-accurate cops who do more damage than any other NPCs in the game) and better euphoria animations. Death reactions seemed more havok-y than in IV, RDR and MP3.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
my god I'm so glad I traded my PS3 version in after 5 hours

And why is that? was it unplayable? Because I beat the game on both 360 and PS3 and both were one of the greatest last gen experience I have had. Everything was top notch. There is no way you would get the same feel now, more than a year after the release.

Amir0x

Banned
And why is that? was it unplayable? Because I beat the game on both 360 and PS3 and both were one of the greatest last gen experience I have had. Everything was top notch. There is no way you would get the same feel now, more than a year after the release.

Unplayable for me, yeah. Jaggies piercing my eyes, horrendous sub-30 framerate during long stretches of play with crowded streets. No thanks.

i can assure you i'll be getting a better feel now.

Paracelsus

He at least lasted 5 hours, I sold Fallout 3 on PS3 minutes after getting out of the Vault.

I loved the game, and the framerate was terrible even for me, though I stuck with it anyway. After playing games with smoother framerates and good image quality, though, it's hard to go back.

Sentenza

I just think the gif is hilarious but I'll edit it out if it's banned, I had no idea.
It's not the gif to be banned (while surely a bit over-used, anyway).
The ban is about all the dull overdone jokes about master race and so on.

I almost wish they could start enforcing it more strictly, though, because frankly at this point I'm starting to find the "I WANT DISTANTIATE MYSELF FROM THE MASTER RACE MENTALITY" crowd every bit as boring and annoying as people who use the meme straightly (and equally guilty of perpetuating it).

Theecliff

Banned
Please add wildlife back into multiplayer for this remaster. It was there for like a week and then got taken out when Rockstar were trying to fix the mess they made of the launch. It helped make the single player world feel so alive, but without it in GTAO a lot of areas seem so barren. Hell, a lot of fun in RDR's multiplayer would come from going to a certain part of the map with a big group of people and fighting off stuff like bears and cougars.

Also it would be quite nice if they upped the playercount, too (although I'm not sure if I see this happening).

MormaPope

Banned

You know why Max Payne 3 gets mentioned? Because Rcokstar's PC ports are generally ass. GTA3 though San Andreas have tons of glitches and sometimes game breaking bugs when the framerate is unlocked. Playing with a locked framerate causes performance to look worse than console performance. Bully on PC is horrendous. Manhunt got a good port. GTAIV was insanely demanding and still isn't that great of a port.

So when they finally nailed a port of a game that has insane attention to detail and extremely high animation priority, its a good sign that they have learned from past mistakes.

You know why Max Payne 3 gets mentioned? Because Rcokstar's PC ports are generally ass. GTA3 though San Andreas have tons of glitches and sometimes game breaking bugs when the framerate is unlocked. Playing with a locked framerate causes performance to look worse than console performance. Bully on PC is horrendous. Manhunt got a good port. GTAIV was insanely demanding and still isn't that great of a port.

So when they finally nailed a port of a game that has insane attention to detail and extremely high animation priority, its a good sign that they have learned from past mistakes.

Funnily enough, it wasn't actually a port. IIRC, it was developed alongside the other versions.

Please add wildlife back into multiplayer for this remaster. It was there for like a week and then got taken out when Rockstar were trying to fix the mess they made of the launch. It helped make the single player world feel so alive, but without it in GTAO a lot of areas seem so barren. Hell, a lot of fun in RDR's multiplayer would come from going to a certain part of the map with a big group of people and fighting off stuff like bears and cougars.

Also it would be quite nice if they upped the playercount, too (although I'm not sure if I see this happening).

Really? I didn't know that wildlife was in online at all.

It's not the gif to be banned (while surely a bit over-used, anyway).
The ban is about all the dull overdone jokes about master race and so on.

I almost wish they could start enforcing it more strictly, though, because frankly at this point I'm starting to find the "I WANT DISTANTIATE MYSELF FROM THE MASTER RACE MENTALITY" crowd every bit as boring and annoying as people who use the meme straightly (and equally guilty of perpetuating it).

I was just joking, I think it's a funny meme and funnier how people get annoyed by it. But I shall never say those words again now that I know it's taboo.

Theecliff

Banned
Really? I didn't know that wildlife was in online at all.
Maybe I'm going crazy, but I swear it was there for the first week or so that GTAO launched (when it was a hot mess) and then get removed in a patch that was there to fix other problems. I distinctly remember riding up Chilliad on a bike with a friend and then getting attacked by a cougar (or whatever big cat it was). Although I could be misremembering.

Regardless of whether it was there originally or not, it would be nice if wildlife was in this time round properly for GTAO.

What do you mean?
Reduced pedestrian count, traffic count, and no wildlife could make GTAO's world seem pretty empty at times if you weren't rolling round with a group of people. It would probably help if they upped the playercount as well.

Freeman

Banned
This is great, I also hope we get an expansion soon. The other people in the studio have to be working on something.

Here's hoping the mouse aim is fixed for GTA 5.

In MP3, the mouse sensitivity varies depending on your frame rate. Can totally balls up your aim in intense scenes (if you have a consistent frame rate however, you would never notice).

Thrakier

Regardless of MP3, I actually think they did fine with GTA IV, too.
Well, after few patches. It was admittedly embarrassingly demanding when it just launched.

What the....even on my new system it can't achieve and hold 60FPS, whilste the better looking Sleeping Dogs runs absolutely fine. How is that a good port?

bob page

Unplayable for me, yeah. Jaggies piercing my eyes, horrendous sub-30 framerate during long stretches of play with crowded streets. No thanks.

i can assure you i'll be getting a better feel now.
I really never understood the jaggie observations on the PS3 version. It looked steller on my end. You sure you don't have your TV's sharpness misconfigured?

Top Bottom