• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - PS3 vs PS4 Comparison Video (IGN)

IGN Article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/05/grand-theft-auto-5-leaping-the-generation-gap

Youtube Link:

AmusingUnsteadyHypsilophodon.gif

AmazingCalculatingAfricanharrierhawk.gif

grkazan12

Looks gorgeous definitely picking this up on one of the consoles, but playing this on PC at 60fps is going to be jaw dropping,

The shot of the city near the end looks amazing. You can see headlights of moving cars in the distance, instead of just static blinking lights.

Raven77

The increase in draw distance displayed at the end was great!

Yeah at first I was like "this won't show much of a difference" just due to how far away everything was, then I noticed the traffic moving, etc. and was pretty blown away.

Kilau

Gold Member
I look at the preload countdown clock everyday. Even though I put a ton of time into this game on PS3, I am just as excited, maybe even more so to play it again on PS4.

IGN said:
The detail is everywhere you look. The layers upon layers of granular detail astonished me in GTA V on PS3 and Xbox 360 – and it still does, considering those devices were conceived at some point in the Bronze Age – but this goes far, far beyond that. The stamped lettering on a rifle. The myriad dials everywhere you look in the cab of a fire engine. The blink of a handbrake warning light in your dash cluster when you tug it to trigger a drift. Step into the dank and grimy Yellow Jack Inn, for instance, on the outskirts of Sandy Shores in first-person and you can now feel the despair. Even the smallest, handwritten notes stand up to close scrutiny. That weird scrap of paper in the vestibule from the individual promising to embiggen your “penice”? It’s no longer a pixelated bit of set dressing that’s not really intended to be examined too thoroughly; now it feels like you could reach in and pluck it from the notice board. The detail has become utterly immense and, viewed through this new first-person lens, astonishingly immersive.
Wow. Wow. Wow. Rockstar does it again.

so glad i never bought it on last gen

So my first time playing GTAV will be on ps4 and in first person.....with that and dragon age i am set well until next year when bloodborne and dying light hits

The comparison with ps3 really is a major upgrade and it looks great on ps3 as it is.

Originally Posted by IGN

The detail is everywhere you look. The layers upon layers of granular detail astonished me in GTA V on PS3 and Xbox 360 – and it still does, considering those devices were conceived at some point in the Bronze Age – but this goes far, far beyond that. The stamped lettering on a rifle. The myriad dials everywhere you look in the cab of a fire engine. The blink of a handbrake warning light in your dash cluster when you tug it to trigger a drift. Step into the dank and grimy Yellow Jack Inn, for instance, on the outskirts of Sandy Shores in first-person and you can now feel the despair. Even the smallest, handwritten notes stand up to close scrutiny. That weird scrap of paper in the vestibule from the individual promising to embiggen your “penice”? It’s no longer a pixelated bit of set dressing that’s not really intended to be examined too thoroughly; now it feels like you could reach in and pluck it from the notice board. The detail has become utterly immense and, viewed through this new first-person lens, astonishingly immersive.

Oh man, I can't wait! I knew Rockstar wouldn't half-ass this.

Hip Hop

That's an insane amount of difference. So much detail lost in the last gen versio compared to this.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Easily Day 1. Next weekend is going to be binging on GTAV and finally being able to appreciate the technical whizbang that has gone into the game.

Top Bottom