• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - PS3 vs PS4 Comparison Video (IGN)

some new comparison gifs from GTAF
http://gtaforums.com/topic/714737-gtav-graphics-old-gen-vs-new-gen/page-18
Credit to user WhatsStrength for taking the pics and user Gr4ndy for animating gifs of them

3m6fuVt.gif

3zS6vtn.gif

S7V9nzE.gif

SnObhij.gif

Ohl3Cyo.gif

kjLaKLt.gif

One thing to note is any difference in colours is most likely just timing... e.g. the different colour horizon in the last pic. East LS is always a more red-ish hue around 11pm and then gets more blue-ish closer to 3am. But moonlight doesn't really change unless its overcast so the night pics show not only better quality lighting but in general that the city, water, etc is lit up much more under moonlight now. Lights never glisten like that currently even when the moon is full and the sky is clear. Same with the sea pic with the dock, where you can see the water glisten. That light 'line' leads directly to where the sun comes over the mountain in Grand Senora so it may not mean the sea always reflects light so much but just that the sun has barely come over the mountains. But water definitely catches light differently now: you can see it here or you can see it in the trailer when car lights reflect over rain puddles.

Amazing! First thing I am doing is climbing the mountain on my motorcycle and going up the lift. Loved doing that. Loved trying to make it down the mountain full speed too lol.

This game is going to break share buttons around the world. 500+ streamers on Live FROM Playstation. Tons of uploaded videos. Youtube may break down lol.

Heists are definitely not in according to previews.

I'm not really confident in the heists launching even near the re-release, but previews are hardly indicative of what's in the final product. The publisher tells previewers exactly what they can and can't talk about in writing or show in videos. No one would want to violate that if it meant being blacklisted from future R*/Take Two.

I imagine if they'd want to keep heists as a surprise, we wouldn't know about them until someone got an early copy (or even if they hold them back for a day-one patch). Again, I doubt this is the case, but previews don't mean anything.

I'm not really confident in the heists launching even near the re-release, but previews are hardly indicative of what's in the final product. The publisher tells previewers exactly what they can and can't talk about in writing or show in videos. No one would want to violate that if it meant being blacklisted from future R*/Take Two.

I imagine if they'd want to keep heists as a surprise, we wouldn't know about them until someone got an early copy (or even if they hold them back for a day-one patch). Again, I doubt this is the case, but previews don't mean anything.

I'm pretty sure it was a developer that said Heists wasn't in for the re-release, but that they were still coming for all platforms soon. Sorry, I can't get the link for you as I'm at work and posting on my phone.

newsguy

I hate that people still doesn't seem to take these comparison pictures in same sun angle/ lighting condition.

Yeah, a bland overcast versus a sunset with hard shadows is pretty dramatic. Clearly there are differences, but these comparisons are hardly fair.

slash3584

For now it's kind of confirmed that there are some new weapons not yet shown as well as some classic vehicles. Probably some new easter eggs, maybe finally the jetpack and more minor stuff.

To be honest I kind of expected a few minor gameplay changes like being able to open/close the titan's ramp, no more super accurate police or finally being able to kill a ped on the top of Mt Chilliad at night without police appearing instantly. But since there was no mention of this on the previews I kind of lost hope.

Though I still think they can surprise us with some side missions or hidden stuff.

For now it's kind of confirmed that there are some new weapons not yet shown as well as some classic vehicles. Probably some new easter eggs, maybe finally the jetpack and more minor stuff.

To be honest I kind of expected a few minor gameplay changes like being able to open/close the titan's ramp, no more super accurate police or finally being able to kill a ped on the top of Mt Chilliad at night without police appearing instantly. But since there was no mention of this on the previews I kind of lost hope.

Though I still think they can surprise us with some side missions or hidden stuff.

That's definitely not fixed, one of the guys from cvg said that they killed somebody on the mountain and got a wanted star. I remember because this was also something I wished was fixed. Can't see why they couldn't because Red Dead didn't suffer from the same problem, I murdered plenty of people in that game out in the wilderness and didn't get a ransom.

CanaryRob

S7V9nzE.gif

I am in awe at the difference here.

Well, the time of day is different. The PS4 shot looks like it's at evening (sunset). Last gen looks like it's at mid morning. So shadows and ambient colour are completely different.

But yeah, massive IQ difference still in places where time and weather conditions do match up. Can't wait to virtual tour again.

I'm pretty sure it was a developer that said Heists wasn't in for the re-release, but that they were still coming for all platforms soon. Sorry, I can't get the link for you as I'm at work and posting on my phone.

Yeah, I'm aware that they're coming and acknowledged as much. I'm saying that, should they be kept a secret for this new launch, we wouldn't really know unless R* came out or someone leaks it. Previews wouldn't necessarily reveal everything, because people previewing games don't have free reign over what they're allowed to reveal to the public.

Sorry if I confused you somehow with my original post. I said that I doubted they would be ready for launch, not that they still existed.

I hate that people still doesn't seem to take these comparison pictures in same sun angle/ lighting condition.
It's easy to take that into account though and I detailed a few cases in my OP with additional content for anyone that hadn't played GTAV before to also consider that.

All that said, a day in GTAV 48 minutes and weather conditions (e.g. overcast) can last mulitple days and won't change based on sleeping, and all characters sleep at even factors of a 24 hour day. It can be hard to quickly get the time of day right, let alone the same weather. So to make sure time of day/weather is the exact same for so many pictures could be a full day's work. If you hate it that much you're welcome to do it yourself lol. Just be happy the community cares enough to make gifs at all :p Beggars can't be choosers or some such thing.

Top Bottom