• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV iFruit app released (iOS) - customize cars on the go / Chop tamagotchi

Marleyman

Banned
Pretty long install. But its working now. The lifeinvader page seems to be a play on facebook, though it is abit overwhelming. Maybe its supposed to connect with your rockstar social thing but for me i think everyone is fictional.

A shame those coupons/adverts probably wont work ingame.

If you stalk companies you get discounts in game.

Gangxxter

Pretty long install. But its working now. The lifeinvader page seems to be a play on facebook, though it is abit overwhelming. Maybe its supposed to connect with your rockstar social thing but for me i think everyone is fictional.

A shame those coupons/adverts probably wont work ingame.
Those coupons will unlock ingame when you're logged in with your SocialClub account and you "Stalk" those pages.

http://www.lifeinvader.com/

Yes, every page on Lifeinvader is fictional, only the list of "Stalkers" below the postings are real SocialClub profiles.

Twinduct

The app is called iFruit... an Android version just wouldn't be right.

Funnily enough an Android launcher would have been perfect for this idea. Separate app ain't half bad, but man they could have gone to town with a launcher!

Changing skins to the character being played, showing notifications and etc.

J4g3r

I signed up to the social club using Twitter.

How do I sign into this app? There is no option to use Twitter... :/

Tobor

Secured TOBOR for my plates!

Very neat app. My first car will be waiting for me on the server when I load up the game. I'll play with the dog game at lunch.

Mission successful, Rockstar.

molnizzle

4KeeGEzl.png

SmokyDave

Secured TOBOR for my plates!

Very neat app. My first car will be waiting for me on the server when I load up the game. I'll play with the dog game at lunch.

Mission successful, Rockstar.

Yeah, I got SMOKYD, so all is well with the world. Did a lil tinkering with my car and now I'm trying to resist playing Dogmagochi.

bumpkin

Got my name for my license plate, wasn't really sure what else I would put, lol.
Made mine match my real-life car's license plate; just happens to have my name too. Hurray for living in a state small enough that it's possible to get a common name on a vanity plate.

Love the custom plate idea! Wonder if the Chop functions are also available in game - eg training etc. Customized my car too - not bad way of doing it. Not a huge fan of second screening overall.

Afro

How do you know for sure that your custom license plate registered? I typed mine in, got to that little receipt page, and it said "order sent". is "AFRO" officially mine now?

molnizzle

How do you know for sure that your custom license plate registered? I typed mine in, got to that little receipt page, and it said "order sent". is "AFRO" officially mine now?

Looks that way.

Someone else should try to claim one that's already been "claimed" in this thread and see what happens. I don't seem to be able to change mine now that I've set it, so I'm thinking it's permanent?

Afro

Looks that way.

Someone else should try to claim one that's already been "claimed" in this thread and see what happens.

I'm curious. Can someone who has yet to launch the app try typing in one of our names? BALLER, SMOKYD, AFRO should all be claimed.

When the message popped up about the app being available on all phones and tablets I just looked at my WP and knew. Be amazed if this landed on WP8.

Well lets face it Rockstar are ignoring Android which owns 80% of the smartphone market. If they can't be bothered with Android I don't think there is a cats chance in hell they will be bothered with a windows app.

It's silly really considering (this is a spoiler about the phone in GTA 5)
all three smartphone OS's are in the game

Ah well such is life, not much can be done about it and all that jazz.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
xXnuQIr.jpg

First customization is free, so go all out on the car parts! Very cool app that I will probably use twice.

Jim

Well lets face it Rockstar are ignoring Android which owns 80% of the smartphone market. If they can't be bothered with Android I don't think there is a cats chance in hell they will be bothered with a windows app.

It's silly really considering (this is a spoiler about the phone in GTA 5)
all three smartphone OS's are in the game

Ah well such is life, not much can be done about it and all that jazz.

In game, it claims the app is available for "your favorite personal smartphones and tablets" and according to the PR notes, it's not supposed to release until tomorrow, 9/17. They don't even mention iOS or Android at all, so I wouldn't discount an Android version.

I'm bugging Rockstar PR for more info right now.

molnizzle

xXnuQIrl.jpg

First customization is free, so go all out on the car parts! Very cool app that I will probably use twice.

FYI to those who already registered a plate, you can go back and adjust the order with car customizations for free. It looks like you can keep doing it over and over again and overwriting the initial order. I assume that probably doesn't go "live" until you redeem in game, so you can keep changing your modifications for free until then.

Top Bottom