• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV iFruit app released (iOS) - customize cars on the go / Chop tamagotchi

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
xXnuQIr.jpg

First customization is free, so go all out on the car parts! Very cool app that I will probably use twice.
FYI to those who already registered a plate, you can go back and adjust the order with car customizations for free. It looks like you can keep doing it over and over again and overwriting the initial order. I assume that probably doesn't go "live" until you redeem in game, so you can keep changing your modifications for free until then.

Ah, excellent, went back and re-ordered with expensive parts.

Afro

dumb question, but why am i able to buy and install mods if i don't even own the game yet? which car is this even customizing? i registered my plates, which is al i care about, but i'm just confused.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
dumb question, but why am i able to buy and install mods if i don't even own the game yet? which car is this even customizing? i registered my plates, which is al i care about, but i'm just confused.

It says the car name, Bravado Buffalo, it is no doubt just the default shitty car that everyone starts with, but we get to customise it for free before GTAO comes out as a plus I guess. I imagine there will be other cars to unlock, this is just the first one and you can get a free jump start on some upgrades.

Cause it's saved to our social club account on R* servers

Just took the HAWK plate:p

Damn the customization options are nice, can't wait to get some of these upgrades. Tire smoke color:O

Afro

Cause it's saved to our social club account on R* servers

Just took the HAWK plate:p

Damn the customization options are nice, can't wait to get some of these upgrades. Tire smoke color:O

tire smoke color is the only mod i really hope people don't overuse online. looks terribly cheesy to me and belongs in Saints Row.

PureGone

Banned
It's a second screen app. The point is you keep playing the game(and more importantly, talking to others about the game) even when out and about.

Putting this stuff in the game would defeat the purpose.

It's still pretty annoying for people without Live or a smartphone. It gets a rid of the reason of having a dog in the game.

Are the custom plates per character? The one I'm thinking of is more appropriate for Trevor than Franklin if so.

Edit: Doesn't look like it!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
400+mb for that? Does it at least include full 3D models of all the vehicles or what? Pretty disappointing if the download is that big and you just get wireframes.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
400+mb for that? Does it at least include full 3D models of all the vehicles or what? Pretty disappointing if the download is that big and you just get wireframes.

Only wireframes, would have been nice to see the paint job on my car. I don't know why it's so big myself.

It says the car name, Bravado Buffalo, it is no doubt just the default shitty car that everyone starts with, but we get to customise it for free before GTAO comes out as a plus I guess. I imagine there will be other cars to unlock, this is just the first one and you can get a free jump start on some upgrades.

The buffalo is Franklin's car. It's a mid to high end modern muscle car. It's based on the recent dodge charger.

tranciful

Are plates exclusive globally or just to the specific platform? If it's globally, I think it's more likely we'll see stuff carry over between current/next gen platforms.

Afro

I customized a car and set a custom plate, does that mean no one else can use the same as mine?

correct, it's yours forever.

Are plates exclusive globally or just to the specific platform? If it's globally, I think it's more likely we'll see stuff carry over between current/next gen platforms.

i'm thinking it's locked to your Social Club account and you can use it for any console you own. in the iFruit Settings there's a "platform switcher".

Top Bottom