• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X and GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 available by June 2016

Not upgrading for a while, my dual Titan X's are just fine.
Well you'll probably get the itch whenever the Titan or Ti branded version of this series comes out. I'm on a single 980ti. I know I'll probably be dumping it once the 1080ti or whatever it'll be called comes out.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
When new GPUs launch, do they tend to run free game promos? I'm hoping to see Doom or even Dark Souls 3 packed in with the new Pascal cards.

Vuze

When new GPUs launch, do they tend to run free game promos? I'm hoping to see Doom or even Dark Souls 3 packed in with the new Pascal cards.
Nah, these bundles usually start after the initial rush has died down. I think Witcher was the first after 970/980 launch, so quite a while.

Or was it some Ubi stuff in November? I can't recall. Yeah, probably AssCreed Unity and FC4.

Kyonashi

I'm really excited now to upgrade from my Radeon 7870 to a GTX 1070, feels like the leap is gonna be huge.

The 7870 was the card in my first ever build three years ago, but it does feel a little long in the tooth now - I can't run FFXIV or Overwatch at particularly good levels.

What kind of monitors should I be looking at for a screen that will take advantage of the 1070? 4k? Super wide? V/G-Sync (not too sure the difference between those)?

Vuze

I'm really excited now to upgrade from my Radeon 7870 to a GTX 1070, feels like the leap is gonna be huge.

The 7870 was the card in my first ever build three years ago, but it does feel a little long in the tooth now - I can't run FFXIV or Overwatch at particularly good levels.

What kind of monitors should I be looking at for a screen that will take advantage of the 1070? 4k? Super wide? V/G-Sync (not too sure the difference between those)?
1440p/144hz with Gsync is probably the sweetspot. 4K60 at higher settings is out of question in current and upcoming AAA titles even with a 1080.

Kyonashi

1440p/144hz with Gsync is probably the sweetspot. 4K60 at higher settings is out of question in current and upcoming AAA titles even with a 1080.

Yeah I mean I probably don't need that anyway. So any good 1440p/144hz G-Sync monitors people recommend?

Top Bottom