• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games - "2013 biggest year since we released Killzone way back in 2004"

Decent gunplay, mediocre single player, with annoying characters( like Rico constantly talking big shit then running out blindly into gunfire and getting cut down. Forcing you to constantly shock his dumb ass back to life again..) fighting the Kerberos..erm i mean Helghast.( sorry i always get them mixed up for some odd reason)

It was a competently made game, but they forgot the part where it's supposed to be fun to play. The only real reason KZ2 gets attention is because of it's graphics. If not for that it would have been seen as the run of the mill shooter it is.
LMAO, Killzone 2 is one of the few Shooters that stand out in a sea of COD, arcade feeling shooters. It's MP shitted on the competition at the time and still continues to. Even if its campaign was a little trite the gunplay still makes it more enjoyable than all the other popular console shooters

abadguy

Banned
Decent gunplay? It hass the best hit reaction in an FPS this gen.Playing COD or Halo after that feels like firing pea shooters after playing KZ. Every kill, every bullet fired feels insanely satisfying. Top it of with one of the most interesting antagonists this gen coupled with gritty,grimy atmosphere makes KZ2 one of the best FPS this gen. You really think KZ2 received universal acclaim just because of its graphics? There is no FPS this gen which plays like KZ2. Totally disagree.

This please! Hopefully someone from GG is listening.

Halo 3 maybe, they beefed up the guns quite a bit in H4, if you've played it. I disagree with the antagonists being interesting in anyway. They seemed pretty damned cooky cutter to me. Looking at the Wolf Brigade wannabe's in KZ2 makes me sad that there will never be an fps, set in that universe. Which is infinitely more interesting than Killzone could ever hope to be.

nib95

Banned
Bring it. Outside of Half Life, Killzone is my fave fps franchise. The thought of what the game will look like on the PS4...can't wait!

LMAO, Killzone 2 is one of the few Shooters that stand out in a sea of COD, arcade feeling shooters. It's MP shitted on the competition at the time and still continues to. Even if its campaign was a little trite the gunplay still makes it more enjoyable than all the other popular console shooters

I really loved the controls of Killzone 2. They were very different from other shooters. It felt very unique, and MP maps were really great.

-Amon-

if they go back to Killzone 2 BETA and listen to absolutely NO ONE and bring that experience to the PS4 i'm going to buy that sucker day one whatever the price.

tzare

New Guerilla IP
New MediaMolecule IP
Uncharted 4
MotorStorm PS4 or new Racing IP
New Sucker Punch IP
Planetside 2
Gran Turismo PS4
New Santa Monica IP

I think the first 2 years will have all those released on PS4 with at least 2 of those for launch.

This please ! A zillion times (or just release Pacific Rift with PS4 gfx xD )

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Oh shit I forgot Guerilla Games has 2 teams now. So we can get Killzone 4 and a new IP. I think we will get new IP first as Killzone 4 will take the hype away from Killzone Mercenery.

I thought they have 3 studios, the 2nd one they opened in amsterdam in 2010 (I'm pretty sure I read about it here in gaf..unless I'm going crazy) and the third one is Guerrilla Cambridge.

yurinka

New Guerilla IP
New MediaMolecule IP
Uncharted 4
Wipeout PS4
New Sucker Punch IP
Planetside 2
Gran Turismo PS4
New Santa Monica IP

I think the first 2 years will have all those released on PS4 with at least 2 of those for launch.

Fixed :p

This please ! A zillion times (or just release Pacific Rift with PS4 gfx xD )

Pacific Rift is the best racing game I've ever played. I won't stop there. It was one of the most fun experiences I've played this entire gen. Haters of insane rubber band AI be damned!

I wouldn't mind another Killzone game if the developers canned the COD copycat approach.

Cake Boss

Banned
WIPEOUT IN THE KILLZONE UNIVERSE

It should be called Wipeout Zone.

Instead of futuristic pods and environments, its all in the helghast universe with cyberpunk and steam punk like Pods and rugged dark cloudy environment on the Helghast planet.

Sony call me.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Killzone PS4 is going to be eye melting.
I want to say not unless it releases a couple years in the PS4's life cycle; that way they've got the handle of things better and the extra polish would be the icing on the cake. I'm all for eye-gasms come next gen though. Exciting times ahead. :)

Acrylic7

if its Killzone and isn't built like Killzone2, then forget it.
Insanely disappointing with kz3.

either KZ2.5 or new IP.

Derrick01

Banned
At this point I'm just hoping the Vita game isn't a pretty but mediocre borefest like Killzone 2 and 3 were. And it can't even look as good on there as 2 and 3 did since it isn't as strong of a system so they better bring the gameplay and level design out this time.

KalBalboa

Banned
At this point I'm just hoping the Vita game isn't a pretty but mediocre borefest like Killzone 2 and 3 were. And it can't even look as good on there as 2 and 3 did since it isn't as strong of a system so they better bring the gameplay and level design out this time.

boo-this-man.gif

huh? Killzone 2 was incredible![online specifically]

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Well Cambridge (MediEvil/GhostHunter/Primal) is behind Killzone Vita, so there is hope.

Derrick01

Banned
huh? Killzone 2 was incredible![online specifically]

Well there's my problem I guess. I don't do online for anything but the shooters that I've played online for years. When it's all the same shit I just stick to what me and the friends were good at, like most people do.

Hindle

Banned
They need to drop the KZ IP and move on.

it's never even been a massive IP to justify the investment Sony put in it. It didn't rival Halo so yea they need to move on.

Top Bottom