• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spend day getting all the skills to follow one person's recommendation.

Another person comes in and says their recommendation is better. Uses skills that will take another day to get.

And people wonder why I like GW2 more. :p

Here's what I've had last:

Here is my templates:

Thanks, I have them all saved so I can try them out if things go south with Nemesis' lot. And thanks again for the help getting those heroes, Noisy Ninj4. I might even start having fun soon. :p

Seriously, GAFguild is super-ace.

I promise I'll stop spamming the GW2 thread with GW1 stuff now, though to be fair, since stuff in GW2 can be unlocked through GW1, it is kinda relevant. Looking forward to guild missions tonight.

Love the new thread's title! Game me a good chuckle. :)

Edit: And Hawkian and mine's controller setup is in the OP! Awesome! Thanks as always, Retro. :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Love the new thread's title! Game me a good chuckle. :)

Edit: And Hawkian and mine's controller setup is in the OP! Awesome! Thanks as always, Retro. :)

I have to thank you both again for that setup. It is so damn awesome!

Emitan

dat mining pick tho
datpick3pce9.png

I have to say. Helping out miktar in gw1 rekindled my build-making fire a bit there. Brings me back to my old VQing days where I would clear entire maps in hard mode playing as the spearhead for a set of caster/ranged heroes. Lot of time spent on my warrior both in frustration and jubilation slogging through tough enemy groups and becoming intimately familiar with the various mob AI. I want body blocking back.

Was that someones reward out of a cbest or something? :L

I never played GW1, I only really caught onto the franchise with the release of 2. How different is it?

The games could not be more different. They are almost literally opposite ends of the spectrum. Guild Wars 1 has more in common with Magic: The Gathering, than anything else.

BraXzy

The games could not be more different. They are almost literally opposite ends of the spectrum. Guild Wars 1 has more in common with Magic: The Gathering, than anything else.

I'm not really familiar with that either but I'll take your word for it on the difference :)

Where does the name Guild Wars come in? I've never really given it much thought.

I'm not really familiar with that either but I'll take your word for it on the difference :)

Guild Wars 1 is more like a card game, like Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, or Magic (or Hearthstone), in that you build "decks" of skills for your party of characters. Then you take those decks into the field, and see how they do when matched up against the decks of skills enemies throw at you. It makes more sense in the game, really.

Where does the name Guild Wars come in? I've never really given it much thought.

The Guild Wars were a series of military conflicts between the human kingdoms of the northern continent between 1013 and 1070 AE. When considered separately, they are known as the First, Second, and Third Guild Wars.
- http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

image.php

Retro

Fastest Missions Ever.
- Started at 9:15
- Crystal challenge done extremely quick, ~4 minutes.
- Proxemics Lab went perfectly, only one left behind (Broos Wahane =\)
- Sotzz Bounty practically insta-gibbed.
- Chicken Rush done by 10:25

Mission Makeups are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern, even if you got your comms tonight, volunteers to help others get theirs is much appreciated.

Bazaar of the Four Winds and the Queen's Jubilee are back on Tuesday.

Thanks for coming, everyone.

Had a great time with missions tonight; can't believe how fast they were! I usually have to bail early when I can make it on Saturday nights, but it was great being able to get through one of each.

Couple of screens:

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Miktar, I need you to stop using imgur for your shots. They are butchering them. ;_;

edit: oh I see you kept them small and I was zoomed in... still nobody use imgur for big pretty shots :#
I have to thank you both again for that setup. It is so damn awesome!
:D

They're really different and mostly just share the same lore, though they do share a lot more design features than some people think about. The combat systems are dramatically different.

I love GW1 and played the crap out of it at the time, but personally find it very dated. I had to struggle not to get bored in most content when I went back to it within the last year. It actually surprised me how rudimentary it seems in a lot of ways. A lot of them related to the fact that the multiplayer in PvE is more like Diablo than an actual MMO, and PvP is more like FPS match teams rather than dozens or hundreds of people. They use a lot of clever tricks to make GW1 feel and function like a true MMORPG, to their credit, and it was necessary to keep the costs of the game down for their first effort charging no subsciption fee. But GW2 does "the real thing"

That is damn fine work, and might indeed be the fastest ever. Only time I remember finishing before 10:25, I remember we started RIGHT at 9 causeI was pressed for time that night.

Miktar, I need you to stop using imgur for your shots. They are butchering them. ;_;

I've been considering finding a better place to dump shots, but haven't come up with one yet. I'd use my dropbox, but that's for work and I'm never sure how they respond to hotlinking.

I have a SkyDrive/OneDrive account I don't use, but I don't know if I can hotlink images from there.

Plenty of Google Drive space, but again, no idea if hotlinking is okay.

Emitan

you got me in the mood...

I've honestly barely played the original game. Where should I start. I only have familiarity with the original campaign and I barely played it.

These talks of GW1 being like MtG are strange to me but I'd like to try that stuff!

Katoki

Haven't had the urge to play lately but am looking through old low-resolution game created screenshots. Game was much more exciting back then. I was mostly hoping that I had Bazaar screenshots while I had SweetFX installed but no dice. I do know I have low-resolution shots somewhere though.

Gonna throw a few onto my imgur account and start linking them. Wow.

you got me in the mood...

I've honestly barely played the original game. Where should I start. I only have familiarity with the original campaign and I barely played it.

These talks of GW1 being like MtG are strange to me but I'd like to try that stuff!

If you have Eye of the North expansion then play Prophecies, and once you hit level 13 head to Eye of the North and get those heroes, then head over to Nightfall and obtain some more heroes see the fun thing about starting GW1 this late you can have a awesome time from any of the games, Factions, if you follow a leveling guide is the best place to create a new character because you can be Max level in 6-8 hours, some people in my guild when it was alive max level in just under 4 hours, if you go Prophecies once you reach Lion's Arch it will open the entire world to you..

Retro

That is damn fine work, and might indeed be the fastest ever. Only time I remember finishing before 10:25, I remember we started RIGHT at 9 causeI was pressed for time that night.

We lucked out. Most people had the WPs and those that didn't got there fast. I do believe that was our fastest Crystal challenge clear though, I was shocked how fast we put it down.
Everyone knew which directions were clockwise and counter clockwise for once :'D

Isn't minus doing some screwy social media shit?

I use abload. I'm even starting to pick up some German form it. Abbrechen!

Korten

Banned
How long does it typically take for Guild Wars (original) support to get back to you?

I want to get mah character name. D:

Or is there any way to get a friend ingame to confirm your characters name? I swore my character name was Korten Vazure, same as it is in GW2 but I guess not...

Edit: YYYYYEEEESSSS!!! I found an email with my characters name in it... Time to go and check on GW2...

The problem with either, is your images vanish after a while. In Minus' case, I expect the image sharing side to disappear entirely soon, since it's becoming a chat or some crap. abload as well, could disappear overnight. I think I may end up using my Gdrive.

Edit: Wow, Gdrive makes it impossible to hotlink to the damn images. SkyDrive it is. Linking a test image so I can see what happens in the future:

Gw2%202014-05-06%2020-12-49-83.jpg

Katoki

Isn't minus doing some screwy social media shit?

Minus is doing screwy social media shit when I view it on my tablet. Other than that, it's been the same when on an actual computer.

Also, hooray for low-quality image dumps. I actually do NOT have any images from the Bazaar even though I know I took some. Oh well, it'll be back soon.

HHungEX.jpg

ZEBzhtG.jpg

TEk1y9w.jpg

2x3WtGJ.jpg

GFt6grW.jpg

h04EbZv.jpg

1bCHwba.jpg

Every screenshot I take that happens to have Hawkian in it always includes him staring.

zGZJFtz.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Has anything happened so far with that floating castle? *Wizard's Tower*

I remember exploring and coming across it a long time ago.

Retro

The problem with either, is your images vanish after a while.

You sure? Maybe it's because I created an account, but the first stuff I uploaded, a whole year and a half ago, is still there.

Has anything happened so far with that floating castle? *Wizard's Tower*

I remember exploring and coming across it a long time ago.

At this point, I think the Wizard's Tower is a McGuffin. It's only there to look badass and be something everyone sees and figures they'll do something with it 'someday', but they'll never do anything with it because that would ruin the joke.

Korten

Banned
Do we have a GAF Guild Wars... Guild? I'm not going to play GW1 that much but I do want to play and get a nostalgic overload.

Like Lions Arch... Rata Sum....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom